Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is great.  Does a nice job of breaking down some of the things the Bills are doing on defense.

Course, his #2 example is a Fail what with Fitzy escaping and racking up some yards....I am sure Wentz would love to do likewise

Meh. It was 3rd down and he didn’t make the sticks. I’ll take it. Fail is the TD scramble. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

How has that worked out the last 2 or 3 weeks?  

LOL 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/article236633578.html

Bills receiver Cole Beasley isn't at all surprised to hear the Philadelphia Eagles are fired up following last weekend's dud at Dallas.

Before signing with Buffalo in March, Beasley spent his first seven seasons with the Cowboys to understand how much any loss to their NFC East rivals stung, never mind a 37-10 rout.

"If they weren't (ticked) off I'd be worried about them," Beasley said, as the Bills (5-1) prepare to host the Eagles (3-4) on Sunday. "I hope they're mad. They're going to come out playing their butts off."

I am noticing that the national media is starting to make excuses already, just in case the Bills win this weekend. As an example, on Golic and Wingo this morning, they were reluctantly admitting the Bills were the better team right now. BUT, they made a lot of comments like, if the Eagles were healthy, this would be a different game etc... In other words, even if we win, we will still have people saying we haven't beaten any good opponents yet. 

I don't really care, winning is all that matters to me, but it is funny to see how reluctant the media is to admit we are a good team.

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I'm more comfortable when Cowherd is denigrating us - what was that thing he said about Josh Allen after we beat the Jets?

Edit: oh Never Mind, that was Michael Lombardi: 

" “Down 16-0, Josh Allen can’t really make a throw; he’s missing receivers, he turned the ball over. He’s so erratic," Lombardi said on his “GM Shuffle” podcast with co-host Adnan Virk. "But one thing about Josh Allen, he doesn’t realize. He’s like (my dog), Bella. She’s little, right? She never looked in the mirror. She barks like she could kill a big dog. Josh Allen must never look in a mirror because he just keeps battling along. "

Of course the "so erratic, missing receivers" thing doesn't match what was seen by people who actually watched, and Josh Allen looks in the mirror just fine.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am noticing that the national media is starting to make excuses already, just in case the Bills win this weekend. As an example, on Golic and Wingo this morning, they were reluctantly admitting the Bills were the better team right now. BUT, they made a lot of comments like, if the Eagles were healthy, this would be a different game etc... In other words, even if we win, we will still have people saying we haven't beaten any good opponents yet. 

I don't really care, winning is all that matters to me, but it is funny to see how reluctant the media is to admit we are a good team.

Let them talk ...  If they are wrong they will eat crow

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Only two out of five Buffalo News staffers picked the Bills on Sunday, and the explanations from those who picked Philly are pathetic.

I expect many and more to pick the Eagles to win this game.  

Seeing 95% picking the Bills 2 weeks in a row was making me nervous :D

19 minutes ago, eball said:

Only two out of five Buffalo News staffers picked the Bills on Sunday, and the explanations from those who picked Philly are pathetic.

3 out of 4 Philly writers picked the eagles. The one who picked the Bills seemed to think it could go either way and went with the home team by 1

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-bills-predictions-nfl-picks-carson-wentz-20191025.html

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

3 out of 4 Philly writers picked the eagles. The one who picked the Bills seemed to think it could go either way and went with the home team by 1

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-bills-predictions-nfl-picks-carson-wentz-20191025.html

aside from the pats* they're probably going to be the toughest opponent to date. good QB, experienced coaches. they're coming to play and play hard so the challenge is on the bills to step up and defend home turf. I predicted the bills by 3 and it will be close all game with haus money saving the day. 27-24

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Philly writers are trying to talk themselves into believing the Iggles are still the 2017 version.

• Haha (+1) 1