Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

first bad weather game of the season. And hopefully it is done and over by kick off. So just us tailgaters will have to suffer through some wet drinking conditions. Oh well. 

Right now it's saying steady showers in the morning.  It say's continuing into the afternoon but I'm not sure if that means steady or spot showers for game time.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Right now it's saying steady showers in the morning.  It say's continuing into the afternoon but I'm not sure if that means steady or spot showers for game time.

my man pat hammer said showers would taper off in the afternoon, and were days away from sunday. Im betting the showers get here earlier saturday evening than expected and we only see some rain during tailgate. I gots my positive thinking shoes on. 

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

my man pat hammer said showers would taper off in the afternoon, and were days away from sunday. Im betting the showers get here earlier saturday evening than expected and we only see some rain during tailgate. I gots my positive thinking shoes on. 

That's the way it was in Nashville.  I kept checking the weather radar and reports and it looked like it was going to be a down pour.

It rained before the game and only about 3 minutes during the game.  Conditions were actually great.  Keeping my fingers crossed it's the same way.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Josh Allen wearing a Bills shirt at his presser that says "LetGo" anyone know what that means?

In case the link to his presser wasn't posted (I couldn't find it with search) it's now up on OBD:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-we-ve-gotta-execute-our-stuff

Josh was getting grilled about his long ball for the first two and a half minutes and I have to say I really admire the way he handled it.  He never looked impatient, he never tensed up, he didn't accept any of the excuses that were offered to him: "at the end of the day, the ball's in my hand and I've got to figure out....(bunch of stuff) and put the ball where it needs to be and allow ourselves the chance to go make a play and (shrugs and breaks a genuine smile) honestly, I haven't been doing a good enough job of that if I'm getting all these questions"

This is Josh's face after the end of the grilling.  Look at that smile.  He looks as though he's freakin' enjoying himself.  Totally unphased by it.  Relaxed and undefensive.

Can you imagine one of our other recent QB looking like this after 2 1/2 minutes of press grilling about an aspect of his game that he must know very well has been MIA?  Even Fitzy or Orton.  I can't tell you yet if Allen is going to succeed as an NFL QB, but this is just not a kid who is phased by, or is going to internalize, press or social media criticism and I'm very impressed by that.

image.png.1c9aeac9e55ee707ca15503133a83e68.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you imagine one of our other recent QB looking like this after 2 1/2 minutes of grilling about an aspect of his game that he must know has been MIA?  I can't tell you yet if he's going to succeed as an NFL QB, but this is just not a kid who is phased by, or is going to internalize, press or social media criticism and I'm very impressd by that.

Is that a hint to the media to LetGo of the past??? 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In case the link to his presser wasn't posted (I couldn't find it with search) it's now up on OBD:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-we-ve-gotta-execute-our-stuff

Josh was getting grilled about his long ball for the first two and a half minutes and I have to say I really admire the way he handled it.  He never looked impatient, he never tensed up, he didn't accept any of the excuses that were offered to him: "at the end of the day, the ball's in my hand and I've got to figure out....(bunch of stuff) and put the ball where it needs to be and allow ourselves the chance to go make a play and (shrugs and breaks a genuine smile) honestly, I haven't been doing a good enough job of that if I'm getting all these questions"

This is Josh's face after the end of the grilling.  Look at that smile.  He looks as though he's freakin' enjoying himself.  Totally unphased by it.  Relaxed and undefensive.

Can you imagine one of our other recent QB looking like this after 2 1/2 minutes of grilling about an aspect of his game that he must know has been MIA?  Even Fitzy or Orton.  I can't tell you yet if Allen is going to succeed as an NFL QB, but this is just not a kid who is phased by, or is going to internalize, press or social media criticism and I'm very impressed by that.

If folks can watch the way this kid handles himself in the face of adversity both on and off the field and not think he's got a great shot at being The Guy, then I'm not sure what more they could want.

• Like (+1) 5

this may have been spoken too already  --  the 2nd  # is a dead give away 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27910887/barnwell-nfl-stat-comparisons-shock-14-blind-items

Who doesn't love a good blind statistical comparison

Player A: 61.8% completion percentage, 7.0 yards per attempt, 7 INTs

Player B: 62.4% completion percentage, 7.0 yards per attempt, 7 INTs

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

28 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

From this, it sounds as though the answer to the question I've wondered "is it Morse or is it Josh who is responsible for setting the protections?" is, "it's Josh"

So the bad news is Daboll is letting him Ride or Die.  The good news is if he Rides, it isn't because someone's pulling the strings or propping him up

28 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is that a hint to the media to LetGo of the past??? 

I think it's slang for "Let's Go!" - LetGo! or Leggo!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If folks can watch the way this kid handles himself in the face of adversity both on and off the field and not think he's got a great shot at being The Guy, then I'm not sure what more they could want.

Absolutely! 

“Iron sharpens iron” is quickly becoming one of my favorite axioms.

On 10/21/2019 at 5:39 AM, dpberr said:

IMO, Wentz is a one dimensional quarterback in that if you eliminate Zach Ertz as a target for him, that offense struggles mightily.  He's poor at distributing the ball.  Their Lions and Cowboys games are blueprints on how to do it. 

Jalen Ramsey figured out how to guard these elite pass catching TEs. You play them man to man with a CB when they line up outside. No matter how skilled, they can't outrun a DB. Don't take your linebacker or safety to the edge. It leaves you vulnerable up the middle. DBs are comfortable operating in open space. Linebackers are not. 

He will get his catches when he lines up tight and the Bills play zone. Just try to limit the third down conversions.

30 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He certainly seems to have all the physical tools and the psychological makeup.    We've seen many a player who put up better stats in college come unglued because their physical skills didn't translate, because of their psychological makeup, or both.  Yes, he's got a shot.

It's all on whether the stuff between his ears (field vision, decision-making before and after the snap) will let him achieve sufficient results in the games consistently.