Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

People viewed Miami as a statement type game, in the sense of Josh getting big numbers and us scoring lots of points. I actually see this as more of a possible statement game.

The Eagles have struggled lately but with the talent and the fact that they're perceived as SB contenders by many, if the Bills can beat them comfortably there will be a LOT of folks jumping on the Bills bandwagon after.

Of course if they get hosed people will just say "yeah, second talented team they've played and they lose again"

On 10/21/2019 at 7:10 AM, YoloinOhio said:
I don’t know how many of you are religious but those who partake please say a prayer that Milano’s hammy allows him to play in this game. I think his absence yesterday was very evident in many places - covering the TE, run D etc. 

i'm praying that they have enough sense to put foster opposite brown. they have a good chance to put up big plays right off the bat against philly. time to quit playing from behind.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

offensively:

- give Allen a clean pocket

- no drive killing penalties, drops or turnovers

defensively:

- create a one dimension offense 
- make the WRs beat us 

I hope to see a lot of man coverage will some aggressive stunts/blitzes. if they can do these things, I feel confident in their chances 

don't hold your breath....

8 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I'm very skeptical of a Bills win this week...Philly is going to come out on fire...

NFC is stacked, 3-5 might do them in.

If they didn’t come out on fire in a division game with first place on the line, I’m not sure the Bills will give them that motivation. While the Bills don’t have the Cowboys roster, they’re capable of beating the Eagles at home. The game will come down to matchups and execution like most do, not some newly discovered inspiration by one team or the other. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Wow, what a surprising stat. A complete 180 from last year. Last year, he lived in the mid to long range areas but this year he's struggled there. We saw he can do it, so I'm not sure why he's been off? Maybe he's been so focused on developing his short game that he's lost his touch on the long ball? Odd

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I'm very skeptical of a Bills win this week...Philly is going to come out on fire...

NFC is stacked, 3-5 might do them in.

I’m not sure they are capable of coming out on fire unless they do a complete 360.. Wentz just isn’t playing well at all.  

I'm sorry, but if Kirk Cousins and Dak Prescott can rip this Philadelphia team to shreds, so can Josh Allen, easily.

The dumb pre-snap penalties need to stop though.

But like I ALWAYS say, this NFL thing is so week to week that none of us have any idea what to expect.

If I am a player, I am deeply offended that a 3-4 severely flawed NFC team is coming into my house and the game is almost a pick-em. That would bother me.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'm sorry, but if Kirk Cousins and Dak Prescott can rip this Philadelphia team to shreds, so can Josh Allen, easily.

The dumb pre-snap penalties need to stop though.

But like I ALWAYS say, this NFL thing is so week to week that none of us have any idea what to expect.

If I am a player, I am deeply offended that a 3-4 severely flawed NFC team is coming into my house and the game is almost a pick-em. That would bother me.

Yeah but at the same time we're coming off of a tight game with a team that was a 17-point underdog.

Just now, Big C said:

Yeah but at the same time we're coming off of a tight game with a team that was a 17-point underdog.

Like I said, it's week to week.

How many times have the Pats beat a bad Bills team, BARELY, during their 19-year run? Quite a few times.

It really is just a matter of winning games.

I know we were all upset during and right after the game that the Bills had to sweat out a game against a semi-pro team, but after a few days to think about it...........

a win is all that matters. End of story.

10 minutes ago, Big C said:

that game is behind them as well as the spread. I'm sure they're looking ahead and preparing for the eaglets and not back at a game they won!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

23 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I read recently that most betting on the game picked Philly to win.  By the end of the week the Bill's will be underdogs by a point or two.

The big money is going on Philly, but the average Joe's are betting the Bills. I HATE that.