Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I feel like I've had a pretty good read on every game so far but I have no clue what to expect in this one. I could see a Bills blowout, an Eagles blowout, and everything in between. The Eagles biggest weakness is the secondary but we don't really have the offense to take advantage of that. I couldn't imagine betting on this game.

This may be the game that most depends on Josh Allen, for exactly the reason you described.  I mean, obviously the play of your QB is always important, but we didn't really need Allen to "win" any of our games so far, and I think we can reasonably expect to handle most of our remaining opponents (BAL, DAL, and NE are the toughies of course) with Allen just avoiding mistakes and taking what's there.  For this game, I think the clearest path to victory is with Allen aggressively attacking the secondary, which is something we haven't done a lot of this year.  This should be a really interesting game.

I feel this is a bad matchup for us. Their secondary is weak but we don't rack up passing yards.....you can rattle Wentz with pressure but that's not our game

I'll still be happy if we're 5-2. Eagles are gonna come in desperate. 

6-2 going to Cleveland is very realistic at this point. 

Edited by r00tabaga

13 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I feel this is a bad matchup for us. Their secondary is weak but we don't rack up passing yards.....you can rattle Wentz with pressure but that's not our game

I'll still be happy if we're 5-2. Eagles are gonna come in desperate. 

6-2 going to Cleveland is very realistic at this point. 

It will be interesting.  Their weaknesses are the two things we keep wanting to see... consistent pressure on the QB and the ability for Josh to hit guys deep. 

We saw relentless pressure on Mariota from our defense, but Fitz seemed to do whatever he wanted Sunday behind a worse OL.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

It will be interesting.  Their weaknesses are the two things we keep wanting to see... consistent pressure on the QB and the ability for Josh to hit guys deep. 

We saw relentless pressure on Mariota from our defense, but Fitz seemed to do whatever he wanted Sunday behind a worse OL.

Great points. Fitz is good inside the pocket and consistently avoided the outside pressure by stepping up and around. It was frustrating to see for sure, hopefully we start seeing our pressure get home on sunday. Might be the day we see some more blitzing (were not ever going to be a blitz heavy team). Might also depend on if Milano is healthy and playing or not. I like some safety blitzes here and there to try and rattle Wentz. 

As far as Josh goes, as mentioned before, he hasnt needed to air it out for us to win. That might not be needed Sunday either, depending on if our D keeps the Eagles in check. If its low scoring, itll be a "dont lose the game" performance from Josh, expect that all season. If the Eagles start scoring TDs and were playing from behind, I would expect to see Josh take chances, for better or worse. Thats the offensive strategy. Keep the game close and find a way to win. The team seems to be comfortable playing in those situations. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The situations almost all of them have ended up in are terrible.  Darnold, Mayfield, and poor Rosen, TWICE.

Josh Allen has made out the best of the bunch.

Mayfield has plenty of talent around him; his coach is in over his head. Allen was thrown into the fire with a terrible o-line and a very subpar wr corps. This year, he's got a decent supporting cast, but last year his critics were not stressing his "terrible situation." Jackson fell into a nearly perfect situation.

• Like (+1) 1

A lot is going to depend on whether Milano is back in or not.  Lorax took 95% of the snaps against the dolphins and was averaging ~40% the first 5 weeks along with M. Alexander averaging about 2% of the snaps the first 5 weeks going up to 64% last week.

Not sure about Maurice but that's a lot of snaps for Lorax at his age.

55 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

A lot is going to depend on whether Milano is back in or not.  Lorax took 95% of the snaps against the dolphins and was averaging ~40% the first 5 weeks along with M. Alexander averaging about 2% of the snaps the first 5 weeks going up to 64% last week.

Not sure about Maurice but that's a lot of snaps for Lorax at his age.

from my untrained eye, Maurice sucked and id prefer to never see him play anywhere near that amount of snaps again 

• Like (+1) 1

If we can get pressure with the front four especially oliver up the middle.  This is the best defense the eagles have faced all year.  The eagles have gotten behind early in all games except for the jets game and that was without darnold.  They have had to come from behind in all games so lets get on them early and shut them down.   I want to see this team play with a lead and play a complete game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Outside of NE, this is the hardest game we’ve had to date. I know Philly’s record isn’t the greatest, but they’ve got a ton of talent and are desperate for a win. We need Milano back and have to get back to our pre-bye defense. I almost wish they’d bring in Milano insurance like a Deone Bucannon or Zach Brown. Although, Brown probably isn’t process enough for them. 

13 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Outside of NE, this is the hardest game we’ve had to date. I know Philly’s record isn’t the greatest, but they’ve got a ton of talent and are desperate for a win. We need Milano back and have to get back to our pre-bye defense. I almost wish they’d bring in Milano insurance like a Deone Bucannon or Zach Brown. Although, Brown probably isn’t process enough for them. 

Almost word for word Joe Marino. ;)

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Great points. Fitz is good inside the pocket and consistently avoided the outside pressure by stepping up and around. It was frustrating to see for sure, hopefully we start seeing our pressure get home on sunday. Might be the day we see some more blitzing (were not ever going to be a blitz heavy team). Might also depend on if Milano is healthy and playing or not. I like some safety blitzes here and there to try and rattle Wentz. 

As far as Josh goes, as mentioned before, he hasnt needed to air it out for us to win. That might not be needed Sunday either, depending on if our D keeps the Eagles in check. If its low scoring, itll be a "dont lose the game" performance from Josh, expect that all season. If the Eagles start scoring TDs and were playing from behind, I would expect to see Josh take chances, for better or worse. Thats the offensive strategy. Keep the game close and find a way to win. The team seems to be comfortable playing in those situations. 

Speaking of blitz heavy, you know Allen will see plenty of blitzes from Schwartz. Schwartz typically holds a grudge against former teams. As far as our blitzing goes, if we blitz, we need a spy. Fitz made us pay with that last TD, and that was just normal pressure. Wentz will still take off running, despite his injury history. Can't ever let an NFL QB get comfortable. Eagles are lower to middle of the pack in sacks allowed.

16 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Tuesdays are the days for roster moves.

• Like (+1) 1