Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Hmm, as a fan, I have to say I don't think of any AFCE team as a rival anymore due to the Bills being so bad for so long. To me a rivalry is teams duking it out each season jockeying for the best playoff seed.

It might not be there amongst some fans, but whatever player puts on the uniforms of either team, this is a blood rivalry for the players suiting up.

Just now, njbuff said:

It might not be there amongst some fans, but whatever player puts on the uniforms of either team, this is a blood rivalry for the players suiting up.

Aren't all these players best of friends these days?  I dunno, the league has changed for me, maybe younger guys don't know what the 80's and 90's rivalries meant, like I don't know what 60's & 70's rivalries meant.  

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

Aren't all these players best of friends these days?  I dunno, the league has changed for me, maybe younger guys don't know what the 80's and 90's rivalries meant, like I don't know what 60's & 70's rivalries meant.  

You can still have hatred for your opponent on the playing surface,  no matter if you are the best of friends or not.

34 minutes ago, eball said:

Everyone raved about Vick and everyone raved about Kaepernick, and we know their shelf lives. Vick reinvented himself for a short time and perhaps Kaep would have too, but we’ve seen the “next big thing” at QB before. It doesn’t last. 

Doesn't change the fact that they are competitive now. Kap nearly won a Super Bowl, Cam nearly won a Super Bowl... Vick never got their, but he was a threat for a while too. If the Ravens go on a Super Bowl run this year or next year and then Lamar falls off I don't think their organization will lament playing a fad offense. I'd take what the Ravens are doing now over watching, say, Rivers and Stafford throw for 300-400 yards every game in a losing effort. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh, it gets worse next week buddy.  Looks like that offense went to crap when Reich left

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I do not want to see those color rush uniforms anymore

The only red I want to see is the helmet.  Original standing Buffalo or 90's throw back

15 minutes ago, Big C said:

Doesn't change the fact that they are competitive now. Kap nearly won a Super Bowl, Cam nearly won a Super Bowl... Vick never got their, but he was a threat for a while too. If the Ravens go on a Super Bowl run this year or next year and then Lamar falls off I don't think their organization will lament playing a fad offense. I'd take what the Ravens are doing now over watching, say, Rivers and Stafford throw for 300-400 yards every game in a losing effort. 

Cam nearly won?    That game really wasn't that close as I recall..   Kap, on the other hand ,  did come close.  

Just now, prissythecat said:

Cam nearly won?    That game really wasn't that close as I recall..   Kap, on the other hand ,  did come close.  

I was speaking more to the fact that he went to the Super Bowl and not how close the game was.

That being said, it was 13-7 at the half and 16-10 until the final ~3 minutes of the game. That's pretty close.  

11 hours ago, zow2 said:

Eagles are coming in pissed after two straight huge road losses.  This will be a tough one. When NFL teams get blown out they usually come back and play well.  Bills need to be better prepared than yesterday or it’s a big loss. 

With all due respect I kinda disagree. It’s hard for the Eagles to recover after last nights game. Coming off two road beat downs it will be tough to come to OP and beat the 5-1 Bills in a crazy environment.i would be more worried had they went into Dallas and won. The Eagles are reeling and have many injuries. Hoping the Bills can play their first complete game of the season. If they do will be 6-1. There’s a reason the Eagles are 3-4 their not that good.

26 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Oh, it gets worse next week buddy.  Looks like that offense went to crap when Reich left

The only red I want to see is the helmet.  Original standing Buffalo or 90's throw back

I hope he guarantees a win again this week...it was great motivation for the Cowboys.....

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 1