Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

I don’t know how many of you are religious but those who partake please say a prayer that Milano’s hammy allows him to play in this game. I think his absence yesterday was very evident in many places - covering the TE, run D etc. 
Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What that just one of those weird camera angles where it looks like the ball was right next to the receiver but in reality it was not?  A depth perception thing or something?  

I don’t know, otherwise that was a terrible effort. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:
I don’t know how many of you are religious but those who partake please say a prayer that Milano’s hammy allows him to play in this game. I think his absence yesterday was very evident in many places - covering the TE, run D etc. 

Ertz/Goedert will be a handful no matter what. They really need Milano healthy to keep things reasonable.

8 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

So, on an even playing field, a hobbled 3-4 team that just got destroyed is a point & a half favorite over a healthy 5-1 team.

Okayyyyyyy-

I think it’s fair if you look at the talent on both sides - i think it’s really a coin flip type game. My big concern is their DL. 

• Like (+1) 1

Eagles are coming in pissed after two straight huge road losses.  This will be a tough one. When NFL teams get blown out they usually come back and play well.  Bills need to be better prepared than yesterday or it’s a big loss. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

So, on an even playing field, a hobbled 3-4 team that just got destroyed is a point & a half favorite over a healthy 5-1 team.

Okayyyyyyy-

doesn't that read Bills -1.5? That would make Bills favorite

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

doesn't that read Bills -1.5? That would make Bills favorite

Bills Open as 1.5-Point Favorites Over Eagles in Week 8, Spread Quickly Moves to a Pick

The challenge here is that bettors continue to be very forgiving to the Eagles, as they’re still viewed as a Super Bowl contender. Clearly, they have some issues as they’ve lost by 18 or more in back-to-back weeks, but the general perception is that this is a good team that’s underachieved.

Remember that the Bills might be 5-1 but the general feeling is that they’ve mostly beat up on bad competition. Their five wins have come against teams that are a combined 6-26. However, the Eagles have just three wins on the year, two of which have come against the Redskins and Jets.

I’m expecting this line to creep up and the Bills to close in the -1.5 to -2.5 range. So get them at a pick wile you can.

IMO, Wentz is a one dimensional quarterback in that if you eliminate Zach Ertz as a target for him, that offense struggles mightily.  He's poor at distributing the ball.  Their Lions and Cowboys games are blueprints on how to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

IMO, Wentz is a one dimensional quarterback in that if you eliminate Zach Ertz as a target for him, that offense struggles mightily.  He's poor at distributing the ball.  Their Lions and Cowboys games are blueprints on how to do it. 

Ertz will not be easy for the Bills to deal with without Milano. They sucked covering the TE yesterday. 

I think Milano would have gone yesterday if it were a do or die game, playoff, anything like that. You saw him running full speed threw drills on the Bills Snapchat on Thursday last week. They’ve erred on the side of caution all year, and I think they looked ahead to this matchup for him. Hoping the defense is back to 100 % this week.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Eagles are coming in pissed after two straight huge road losses.  This will be a tough one. When NFL teams get blown out they usually come back and play well.  Bills need to be better prepared than yesterday or it’s a big loss. 

Yeah? and what do they do after getting smoked like a ham two weeks in a row?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2