James Lofton Calls Out Knox on Drop

Gugny

2 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Nope, he immediately went to his dance routine.

And the whole team going to the end zone for a freeze frame stuff has to stop, getting sick of that ***** tbh. Every game I watch, annoying af.

2 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

You started a troll topic, don't be upset it isn't going your way.

Exactly, too concerned about his dance moves...

How can you be so consistently wrong?

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

He rolled through the sack tight to his feet. That is a lot of man going very fast, that is real momentum, not get off my lawn sack dancing.  In fact it looked to me like he was looking down to see if the ball was free.

Right. He actually came up to his feet and looked down...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Exactly my point.  It does happen all the time.  I'm sure Knox would like to have that play (the whole game, really) back.

But to come out and say that it's because he was thinking about the TD dance he's been practicing all week ... to me ... that's Bush League.

So, you don’t believe that a bit of early success could have gone to Knox’ head?  From what I have been told, he is already picking out cute fans to receive his game worn dew rags. Shouldn’t he worry more about catching the ball?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

He seemed to have poured it on a little heavy and it got my attention.

Was he just using attempted humor to cover up how badly he sucks at his job?  Or is he really this much of a dick?

I actually had the same reaction. He sort of crossed a line. I think it was supposed to be a joke, and Andrew Catalan (who, in his own right, is the worst announcer ever) tried to throw Lofton a life line to make it funny, but it didn't work.  But the whole exchange did not sit well with me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

Knox was targeted like 6 times for 2 catches.....he played poorly

As for Lofton, I'm not sure why he's getting so much hate on here with multiple threads. I was at the game so I didn't hear the broadcast ....but he's been fine in the past.

As a side note he engaged many fans, including us before the game. Really cool dude. 

This is wrong...... watch the replay before you post

Zay is gone. Time for a new target. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

First - James Lofton is a terrible announcer; like Rex Ryan terrible.  Holy cow.  He almost made me hit the Booger (mute) Button.

But I write this thread to point out how, after dropping a well-thrown pass, Knox was accused of thinking about what he was going to do next after he caught it.

That was fine.  But then Lofton elaborated.  He accused Knox of, instead of securing the ball and taking it into the end zone, thinking about the dance/TD celebration he'd been practicing all week.

He seemed to have poured it on a little heavy and it got my attention.

Was he just using attempted humor to cover up how badly he sucks at his job?  Or is he really this much of a dick?

I agree completely.  He was rough to listen to yesterday, as that was my first time hearing him(unless I'd heard him before and just didn't know it was him).  I too thought he was really overdoing it with that Knox drop especially about the touchdown celebration comment.  There were a few times I felt he was either overdoing it or just flat out inaccurate.  I don't remember if it was him or the other guy, but I didn't agree with them on that Allen miss to Brown.  He felt like the miss was on Brown turning his head too soon, but IMO I thought it was clearly an Allen overthrow, by a mile.