James Lofton Calls Out Knox on Drop

Gugny

First - James Lofton is a terrible announcer; like Rex Ryan terrible.  Holy cow.  He almost made me hit the Booger (mute) Button.

But I write this thread to point out how, after dropping a well-thrown pass, Knox was accused of thinking about what he was going to do next after he caught it.

That was fine.  But then Lofton elaborated.  He accused Knox of, instead of securing the ball and taking it into the end zone, thinking about the dance/TD celebration he'd been practicing all week.

He seemed to have poured it on a little heavy and it got my attention.

Was he just using attempted humor to cover up how badly he sucks at his job?  Or is he really this much of a dick?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

First - James Lofton is a terrible announcer; like Rex Ryan terrible.  Holy cow.  He almost made me hit the Booger (mute) Button.

But I write this thread to point out how, after dropping a well-thrown pass, Knox was accused of thinking about what he was going to do next after he caught it.

That was fine.  But then Lofton elaborated.  He accused Knox of, instead of securing the ball and taking it into the end zone, thinking about the dance/TD celebration he'd been practicing all week.

Was he just using attempted humor to cover up how badly he sucks at his job?  Or is he really this much of a dick?

The drop was due to either him thinking about the hit or thinking about the run. That said, many discussing the drop seem to forget the many unbelievable catches from Knox this season that were game clinchin or winning catches. This would have been the Foxwoods turning point of the game Gug!

He really has aged in the last year or two.  I always mute and listen to the bIlls broadcast even though Murph struggles with facts during the games.  Murph is sometimes wrong on down, how much was or wasn’t gained on a play and calling incomplete passes that are caught.   Eric Wood is growing into color analysis job.

While Phillips rushed to do his sack dance, Fitz fell on the ball he just fumbled. If Phillips was effing paying attention instead of worrying about his dance, he could have had a fumble recovery.

Yes, the dancing stuff is real, it's not just get off my lawn BS.

Edited by Seven-N-Nine
  • Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Probably a bad joke. Was also a pretty bad drop. Ended up settling for 3 again

• Like (+1) 1

Knox was targeted like 6 times for 2 catches.....he played poorly

As for Lofton, I'm not sure why he's getting so much hate on here with multiple threads. I was at the game so I didn't hear the broadcast ....but he's been fine in the past.

As a side note he engaged many fans, including us before the game. Really cool dude. 

2 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

While Phillips rushed to do his sack dance, Fitz fell on the ball he just fumbled. If Phillips was effing paying attention instead of worrying about his dance, he could have had a fumble recovery.

Yes, the dancing stuff is real, it's not just get off my lawn BS.

This is wrong...... watch the replay before you post

1 minute ago, r00tabaga said:

As for Lofton, I'm not sure why he's getting so much hate on here with multiple threads. I was at the game so I didn't hear the broadcast ....but he's been fine in the past.

As a side note he engaged many fans, including us before the game. Really cool dude. 

I did, many times on my DVR, It was a fumble all day long.

Amazing. I disagree with every word of your thread/post. Lofton is an excellent color analyst. He’s on the top broadcast team for Westward One games, is articulate and has a personal history with the NFL from the AFL forward. Did I mention Gold Jacket and does the weekly HOF podcast? 

Ok, that out of the way, Knox looked absolutely stupid on that drop and deserving of criticism. He’s leaving us no choice but to cut down on his reps, given the alarming number of bonehead plays he has every week. Lofton’s criticism was nothing compared to most Bills fans.

Your reputation as a rabble-rouser precedes every post/thread you create, so it’s near impossible to detect if you really believe the crap yer spewing or just trying to get a rise on a Monday morning.

Im leaning toward the latter.. 

• Like (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Totally agree re: Knox.  Perhaps he and Lofton both just had bad days.

Very cool that Lofton was fan-friendly!

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I did, many times on my DVR, It was a fumble all day long.

Watch again lady. Fumbled, then recovered, THEN Phillips reacts with excitement. Ive watched it numerous times, as have others who thought the same thing at 1st too.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Amazing. I disagree with every word of your thread/post. Lofton is an excellent color analyst. He’s on the top broadcast team for Westward One games, is articulate and has a personal history with the NFL from the AFL forward. Did I mention Gold Jacket and does the weekly HOF podcast? 

Ok, that out of the way, Knox looked absolutely stupid on that drop and deserving of criticism. He’s leaving us no choice but to cut down on his reps, given the alarming number of bonehead plays he has every week. Lofton’s criticism was nothing compared to most Bills fans.

Your reputation as a rabble-rouser precedes every post/thread you create, so it’s near impossible to detect if you really believe the crap yer spewing or just trying to get a rise on a Monday morning.

You can't call him articulate, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry.  I just found him to be unbearable yesterday (Lofton, I mean).  I don't recall feeling this way about him in the past.  Maybe I was just in a mood.

The drop by Knox was bad.  I just found it in poor taste for the announcer to not only assume he dropped it because he was too worried about his celebration dance; but he belabored it.  

And I agree ... Knox had a horrible game.  But the drop was far more likely him worrying about getting hit, or worrying about his YAC strategy.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I also like Lofton on the games, never have had any  problem with him AND he’s a great ex-Bill. Light years better than Tasker was.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Watch again lady. Fumbled, then recovered, THEN Phillips reacts with excitement. Ive watched it numerous times, as have others who thought the same thing at 1st too.

Nope, he immediately went to his dance routine.

And the whole team going to the end zone for a freeze frame stuff has to stop, getting sick of that ***** tbh. Every game I watch, annoying af.

Edited by Seven-N-Nine

3 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Nope, he immediately went to his dance routine.

And the whole team going to the end zone for a freeze frame stuff has to stop, getting sick of that ***** tbh. Every game I watch, annoying af.

You seem to be very passionate about this.  Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with this particular topic.  Go dance on your own pole.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Philips actually sat on the football.  He never once looked for the  football after that. He will be mocked in the film room when the team re-watches that play. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You seem to be very passionate about this.  Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with this particular topic.  Go dance on your own pole.

You started a troll topic, don't be upset it isn't going your way.

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

Philips actually sat on the football.  He never once looked for the  football after that. He will be mocked in the film room when the team re-watches that play. 

Exactly, too concerned about his dance moves...

Im sensing some homerism in this thread.  I was working while watching the game ( meaning not paying attention to the tv but listening more ) and within the first 5 minutes I was annoyed by the commentator. Struggling to form 2 sentences, slow and just bad.

but hey..Lofton has a gold jacket, a former Bill so he must be great right?

11 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Here -  It looks like Phillips was totally unaware that the ball had come out.

Edited by cd1

Just now, KW95 - JA17 said:

Im sensing some homerism in this thread.  I was working while watching the game ( meaning not paying attention to the tv but listening more ) and within the first 5 minutes I was annoyed by the commentator. Struggling to form 2 sentences, slow and just bad.

but hey..Lofton has a gold jacket, a former Bill so he must be great right?

Lofton doesn't bother me nearly as much as some others.

• Like (+1) 1