Stadium PA System.

Chicharito

5 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I’ve really never given it much thought. I’m sure the PA system could be better, but it’s never really mattered much to me when attending games. New Era is always quite loud, I guess I don’t expect to hear much because it’d need to be ridiculously loud to hear over the crowd noise. It’s not like hearing the PA at a minor league ball game on a Tuesday night. 

I love buffalo crowds as much as the next guy, but the crowd is only loud when they are on defense, and even then when they are on the line of scrimage, or if the team scores a touchdown. The purpose of this discussion is all the times outside of that, when there are videos and another announcements being played. They just need better speakers, in more places.

22 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I love buffalo crowds as much as the next guy, but the crowd is only loud when they are on defense, and even then when they are on the line of scrimage, or if the team scores a touchdown. The purpose of this discussion is all the times outside of that, when there are videos and another announcements being played. They just need better speakers, in more places.

I understood that, but for a guy like myself (who probably has the first stages of hearing loss to be honest) it’s tough to hear those things in any stadium with 70,000 people. Even when we’re not on defense, there’s still a lot of noise just from having a many people gathered in one place. New Era doesn’t have the greatest sound system, I’m not trying to argue anything to the contrary, but I’ve had trouble hearing the PA announcer at other football stadiums. It could definitely be improved, but I’ve never heard the PA as clearly at football games as you do at quieter events like baseball. Quite honestly, I couldn’t care less. If I want to hear announcers, I’ll stay home to watch on TV. 

Edited by SirAndrew