A Few Thoughts about the Dolphins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

11 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

We call lots of QB runs because Allen is a great runner and a big guy, and one of the best running QB’s in the NFL and his passing is much worse comparatively to his peers.

Who are these peers that you speak of?

Danny Dimes? - check his recent games...

Baker? - see 2019

Lamar? - Check his passing stats....he is a running back and gonna get killed....oh wait here are his passing stats.....9/20 143 yards....

Darnold? - see tonite

Rosen? - MIA - as in missing in action

Kyler Murray? All of 104 yards passing yesterday? 

Minshew? 15/32? 

JA - 16/26 2 TD another 4th QW game winning drive 5-1?

What am I missing? 

Which of his peers from yesterday do you want to swap out? 

• Like (+1) 3

Bills fan for 30 plus years. Love the direction the team is heading. Solid defense, have a QB to build around, improved OL and WR plus they are in excellent shape with the salary cap and have plenty of draft capital. They are excellent shape to add additional playmakers in 2020. I would estimate Beane and McDermott are ahead of schedule at this point. We haven’t had a true QB in decades and overall I see a QB that continues to improve. JA has his flaws but thus far he continues to deliver in the 4th quarter.

The past is the past for the Bills and I’m loving the present and looking forward to future success for this long deserving franchise and city!

Lets Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

As much as we all love Allen's big arm, this offense is built to grind it down the field 5-6 yards at a time. The 3rd and 5 bomb (that was 20 yards overthrown, not 5 yards) was just stupid in that situation. I'm to the point that you let Allen try a deep ball ONLY on 1st down, 2nd and very short, or anytime we are up or down very big in the second half. Drive killers...

disagree, thats the PERFECT situation to use that play. Not two safeties deep, catches the D off guard and the play was WIDE OPEN, Josh just missed it (yet again on the deep throws). No problem with THAT play call, players have to execute. 

I didn't like Dabolls first half play calling by and large, but it does come down to players not executing. Knox doesnt drop that ball and the entire outcome of the game is different. Our offense keeps shooting ourselves in the foot, and not much of it has been on Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I am pleasantly surprised so far but I just can't shake the feeling that we will be a one and done wild card team. Until we can put the Patriots in the rear view mirror and win the division the Bills aren't going anywhere. I just don't think we are there yet.

When you get to the wildcard, anything can happen.  We are much better team than two years ago.  Right now, we'd either travel to Baltimore or the Colts IMO.  Colts would be easier and we'll see what we can do against the Ravens in December.  Baltimore is never an easy place for us to play, nor for anyone else.

Losing in the Wildcard isn't the end of the world.  I'm not about moral victories, but clinching a playoff spot on our own terms vs squeaking in like last time would be progress.

End of the day, if Allen hits those deep balls yesterday or just fixes that part of his game and keeps the mistakes down, we are a very different team on offense.  He has 10 games to figure that out.

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I was watching at a Bills Backers bar, but was so disgusted I left at halftime.  I then listened on Sirius, and almost went back.

We had better clean up these mistakes or were never beating the Cowboys, Ravens and forget the Pats.  As bad as Philly played last night, I’m not even sure we’ll beat them.

So in other words, we're going to be 12-4 and you're gonna be incensed!!!!!! Not even gonna watch them. 

With these "Amoeba" fronts, they look like the "Creep" defence that Perry Fewell and Bills brought out against Dallas for that Monday night loss in 2007 or 08.  Dallas and everybody after that combatted it by audibleing to a running play, and the Bills stopped using it.  Why doesn't that work against it now?

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

When you get to the wildcard, anything can happen.  We are much better team than two years ago.  Right now, we'd either travel to Baltimore or the Colts IMO.  Colts would be easier and we'll see what we can do against the Ravens in December.  Baltimore is never an easy place for us to play, nor for anyone else.

Losing in the Wildcard isn't the end of the world.  I'm not about moral victories, but clinching a playoff spot on our own terms vs squeaking in like last time would be progress.

End of the day, if Allen hits those deep balls yesterday or just fixes that part of his game and keeps the mistakes down, we are a very different team on offense.  He has 10 games to figure that out.

I agree 100% but I guess what I am trying to say is we are probably going to have a better record than the team we will play but because the stinking Pats are in our division it's all for nothing. We have to somehow turn the corner and start beating these guys.

Edited by ALLEN1QB

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

Did I mention that my friend was a Dolphins fan who watched and talked about every single game that wasn't our game?  My restraint was strong.  With that being said...

In life you will have many acquaintances, but few true ‘friends’.  Are you sure this isn’t an acquaintance?  ?

Excellent write up, as always.  Now go get that avatar a real haircut.  ?

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

So in other words, we're going to be 12-4 and you're gonna be incensed!!!!!! Not even gonna watch them. 

Cmon Kelly, I’m not saying that at all.  I was just sick of watching the pathetic play in the first half and decided to listen on Sirius the rest of the game.  I also meant we need to play better this week and the other games mentioned.  It doesn’t mean I’m not hopeful, just a Bills team who played against the Pats even with a loss is what we need to see.

Im sorry if You thought differently.  Have a good night.

49 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Cmon Kelly, I’m not saying that at all.  I was just sick of watching the pathetic play in the first half and decided to listen on Sirius the rest of the game.  I also meant we need to play better this week and the other games mentioned.  It doesn’t mean I’m not hopeful, just a Bills team who played against the Pats even with a loss is what we need to see.

Im sorry if You thought differently.  Have a good night.

But you said you were really pissed and then mentioned three games we likely would not win the rest of the season, and possibly a fourth. The only semi-tough games that we have left. That implied to me that it will end up 12-4 or at worse, 11-5, and you're not going to be happy unless they look good doing it. Leaving at halftime of a 14-9 game because you couldn't stand it anymore is lame IMO.

11 hours ago, TH3 said:

Who are these peers that you speak of?

Lamar? - Check his passing stats....he is a running back and gonna get killed....oh wait here are his passing stats.....9/20 143 yards....

If he is franchise tag put on him team is going to argue that he should be paid RB rates.

13 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

That Dolphins team is nowhere near the 1976-1977 Buccaneers. Not even close to the worst in history. There have been many worse. 

or the recent pathetic Browns team which won 1 game in 2 years.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Arguably the lamest, dumbest, most poorly written and spelled post in history of fandom.

See the word "Arguably". :devil:

Hey, don’t be giving out awards just yet.  I can do better!