The Defense is good, can we agree they are not all time great....

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

OP, why wasn’t this posted earlier, at any time, this season?

I have.....  It is my continual concern that this coaching staff is too pre-occupied with Defense and thinking that games can be won 17-13, 14-10 on a consistent basis.

I want to see this team concentrate on Offense for a change.

The INT wasn’t even a bad pass. It was a great play by a great player. The play before it was a great play and 8-9 yard loss. They gave up 14 points to the good Fitzy. They were not great, good, bad, or awful. They surely could play a lot better than they did. But while watching I thought they were getting gashed on the ground. But the Fins had 109 yards on 3.6 yards per carry. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Monsters of the Midway or the 2000 Ravens and the Bills can not win every game 17-13?

Today we saw Miami almost beat them and if not for a bad Int at the goal line (and subsequent 98 yard drive) and a bad fumble the Bills again play to their competition.

This trying to control the clock and game between the 20's is a dangerous recipe and the Bills need to know how to score in the high 20's.

so we’re of the opinion now that the defense has to hold any and all teams to less than 14 points/game and if they don’t they suck? 

how about asking the offense to put up anything close to what a “good” offense puts up regularly? Nah we’d have to talk about josh then...

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I have.....  It is my continual concern that this coaching staff is too pre-occupied with Defense and thinking that games can be won 17-13, 14-10 on a consistent basis.

That's largely what they did this past off season, both draft and FA.  9 of the 11 offensive starters were not on the team last year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Not really an excuse, but Miami receivers caught a lot of contested passes, and passes that weren’t that great. 

The Bills still don’t have big, strong, mean, fast receivers.  Duke isn’t fast, but he’s got most of those other characteristics covered. He needs more targets (assuming he’s healthy).

This. 

I think our run D wasn’t good today (though improved a lot after halftime adjustments), but folks on here never want to give credit to the other team. Our pass D was great, and you just have to tip your caps to the Dolphins on making a lot of ridiculous, contested catches. 

I think they can be the best Defense in the game, for sure. 

I don't understand discrediting the iint or FF ..Phillips had a nice sack the previous play and Tre just made two great plays. Sometimes you have to just tiip ur hat and compliment the player. Tre baited Fitz on that throw. Great play by a great player in a huge spot. We're 5-1 and haven't given up over 21. They did play a bad half but held them to 7 in the 2nd. 

They're elite , and their ceiling is the best in the game 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Monsters of the Midway or the 2000 Ravens and the Bills can not win every game 17-13?

Today we saw Miami almost beat them and if not for a bad Int at the goal line (and subsequent 98 yard drive) and a bad fumble the Bills again play to their competition.

This trying to control the clock and game between the 20's is a dangerous recipe and the Bills need to know how to score in the high 20's.

Who are you??

Go Bills!!!

16 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

But the D in fact did its job and stopped Miami from blowing the game wide open. I will say that Milano was missed out there especially against the run. How can you defend against a QB who is letting it rip within 2 seconds of the snap. Fitz did what he does and it propelled Miami to the near upset. You think there was some secret D play that would have stopped those passes?

I thought the same too... they really missed Milano against the run. The Dolphins were just simply more physical in the run game for a good part of that game, especially the first half. On the Dolphins' first TD, the Bills front four got great penetration, but then just got pushed back.

23 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You need a bye week. 

The defense is very good and the strength of this team. They are not "legendary."

The team is 5-1 and took the Dolphins best shot today and won by 10.  

Won by 3 in reality.  That onside kick TD was a fluke.  But a win is a win.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Won by 3 in reality.  That onside kick TD was a fluke.  But a win is a win.

The blocked punt by the Patriots was a fluke, but they blocked our punt which was a major factor in their win.  Points are points, in any facet of the game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I assure you, the guy who runs our offense, Brian Daboll, isn’t preoccupied with the defense.