When is Allen going to have "that game", and do you care?

Process

6 minutes ago, MR8 said:

He's not "there yet" in his development... He was a massive project coming in, and people need to remember that. His flashes early have made people think he's more advanced in his maturation process than his is.... 

Smart development of this kid means limiting his mistakes and not asking too much. His potential is the next Aaron Rodgers but his downside is the next JP Losman.... He may or may not be great but you can't rush his "that game" emergence.... Because he's not ready until he's ready.... If he ever is.   But if he gets there, holy hell can he be good.

I don’t get the JP Losman comparator at all - yeah, he had a big arm, but I remember him as being a statue, with negligible pocket sense.  He also had very poor passing production in terms of YPG even though his completion % was OK.  

That’s not to say JA is going to be Our Guy much less that he’s there yet, just to say that I don’t get the JP Losman comparison

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Teams that are winning generally don’t move on from their QB’s. Bad to mediocre QBs generally have their fifth year options. Good QB’s get extended long before then. 

We kept EJ for 4 years. Allen won’t be outright cut. I wouldn’t be surprised if some Allen competition was brought in unless he vastly improves. In fact, at this point, I’m praying that we draft a QB decently high next year.

So he’s gone by the fifth year option or a big extension. Okay, but I dont   think the Bills will draft a QB significantly high next year at this point. Obviously subject to change. (Fwiw Id have moved on from EJ after year 2. He had nothing. ) I’d be surprised if there was a major completion as well, but what do I know. Just a guess. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

So he’s gone by the fifth year option or a big extension. Okay, but I dont   think the Bills will draft a QB significantly high next year at this point. Obviously subject to change. I’d be surprised if there was a major completion as well, but what do I know. Just a guess. 

they probably won’t draft one high. But they should. Not drafting new QB’s is how you end up like the Titans and Bucs. Treading water for 5 years waiting for the lights to come on.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please stop with it.  No one is saying it’s all that matters, but comparing Allen’s play as a QB and Tebow’s is a stunningly bad take.

The only thing I’m comparing is record and comebacks which are the 2 most referenced things in defense of Allen. 

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

they probably won’t draft one high. But they should. Not drafting new QB’s is how you end up like the Titans and Bucs. Treading water for 5 years waiting for the lights to come on.

Heck, then draft one every year. I don’t care if they do, but most teams probably don’t and my guess is just a guess what they will do. I don’t see it happening unless things go south. 

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah the ones who didn’t get that deal SUCKED. Mariota (lost his job to Tannehill). Winston (SUCKS). Manziel (SUCKS.) Paxton Lynch (SUCKS). Bridgewater knee exploded and (SUCKS). 

Is that your argument? Allen is like those dudes?

That Bridgewater who SUCKS is currently rocking 69% completions, 6.9 YPA, 218 ypg, 7 TD and 2 INT in 4 starts, and his team is 4-0 in those starts.

And yes, I’d be OK with that level of play from Allen - have you watched him?

Either you don’t watch much football, or you’re rolling out opinions you can’t really defend to roil things up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

has anyone actually said they want to cut or replace him now?

It feels like that on this board at times, but I don’t recall a post stating that specifically. There probably are some. Others just say it will never work so it may as well say that. I’m just guessing what the team will actually do. Not making a declaration what they should do. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That Bridgewater who SUCKS is currently rocking 69% completions, 6.9 YPA, 218 ypg, 7 TD and 2 INT in 4 starts, and his team is 4-0 in those starts.

Either you don’t watch much football, or you’re rolling out opinions you can’t really defend to roil things up.

He sucked in Minnesota.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Heck, then draft one every year. I don’t care if they do, but most teams probably don’t and my guess is just a guess what they will do. I don’t see it happening unless things go south. 

Most teams are really stupid and bad. The teams that are good have good QB’s.

I’ll take the intangibles, the drive to win, fierce competitiveness and a willingness to do whatever it takes to pull out a W in the end, over all the high yardage games in the world that start with L. This kid just has “it,” imho, and we will go plenty far with him, mark it. That will also include some blowout W’s with plenty of TDs—I mean heck, he put up 5 against a better version of this Miami team already in his rook year so we know he’s capable of that too. Right now the Bills are choosing to play complementary ball to the D’s strengths. Could/should today have gone better in terms of style points? Sure, but I’ll happily take my W and move on to Philly in the meantime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be mistaken, but yes, I think that’s a pretty reasonable interpretation of what Bringbackorton is saying - something about he wants us to draft a QB high next year.

If Josh Allen was beat out by a 2nd or 3rd round QB next year, that’s only a good thing for the Buffalo Bills, the team that I am a fan of.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He’s just a cranky one. Don’t bother him with obvious facts. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s just a cranky one. Don’t bother him with obvious facts. 

Seeing as that was one QB of the several that I mentioned, and that the point of discussion was the rookie first round deals, I’d say you both missed the point in an obvious crusade attempt.