When is Allen going to have "that game", and do you care?

Process

I care. I want to see him have monster games. I want to be one of the best teams in the league making runs in the playoffs led by a great QB.

I don’t want him to be Andy Dalton where he’s good enough to win during the regular season but gets slapped around in the playoffs.

If we want to talk about how high his ceiling is and how he’s going to be our franchise QB then I’m going to hold him to a high standard. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just win, it’s the only metric that means something definitively...

now i I would not be unhappy if he does blow out a team or two, along with he way...?

Go Bills!! 

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

I'd like to see it, but I don't really care, not right now.

I remember when Big Ben came into the league & won a lot of games for a rock-solid Steelers team without coming close to lighting anything up. So far at similar points in their career, I would say Josh has shown better intangibles  when it comes to being a winner.

Also, less raping. So two pluses for Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I care. I want to see him have monster games. I want to be one of the best teams in the league making runs in the playoffs led by a great QB.

I don’t want him to be Andy Dalton where he’s good enough to win during the regular season but gets slapped around in the playoffs.

If we want to talk about high his ceiling his and how he’s going to be our franchise QB then I’m going to hold him to a high standard. 

Having high standards, what a novel concept some on here have no idea of.

OK, I’ll be a little more serious. People are in such a hurry. It was about at this time in his career (game-wise) that Mahomes first saw the field. We are seeing Josh increase his completion %, he seems to be getting smarter about Hero-Ball heaves, and he’s ducking a little more often. There are some good signs. Keep making progress, and I’m totally fine. He’s a gamer, that’s for sure! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan714 said:

Having high standards, what a novel concept some on here have no idea of.

Most of us have a concept of just really wanting a winning season. 

He’s not a consistent 300 yard passer. So will one 300 yard game make you happy? If so, why?

We’re 5 and ***** 1. 

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

4th quarter game winning drives>300 yards games

We are playing garbage teams. I would argue that if Allen isn't able to put up big passing numbers, in the playoffs we won't be in a position to win games or come back in the 4Q. That's fair, no?

Edited by Process

Just now, Process said:

We are playing garbage teams. I would argue that if Allen isn't able to put up big passing numbers, in the playoffs we won't be in positions to win games or come back in the 4Q. That's fair, no?

Jets and Titans are good defenses. Bengals aren't bad either.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Most of us have a concept of just really wanting a winning season. 

He’s not a consistent 300 yard passer. So will one 300 yard game make you happy? If so, why?

We’re 5 and ***** 1. 

Because my football brain tells me we beat the Dolphins, Jets, Eli-Giants, Bengals andTitans, not exactly the upper echelon of the NFL.   Dont expect to see too many of them in the playoffs.    I dont just want to get to the playoffs, I want to advance.

Edited by billsfan714

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Exactly.  The play calling and and not innovative at all. 

I want this coaching staff to map out a game plan to  score 30 points, which they refuse to do.

Do you think the offensive staff really put together a game plan to not maximize the amount of points the offense scores? 

Both McD and BB have been on record that the offense needs to be able to put up more points if they want to be a successful franchise. I like McD, and have questioned BB on a few roster moves. But one thing I respect and trust is if something is not working, BB will be quick to pull the trigger in finding a new solution. Low scoring is not by design. 

• Like (+1) 2