SNF: Eagles at Cowboys (-3) 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, thronethinker said:

And the Eagles weren’t desperate to beat the Cowboys tonight. They gonna suddenly step up their game to beat a non division non conference team in a game that has nowhere near the playoff implications for them?

I've never bought into your second sentence above. Shouldn't every player on every team be giving 100%, every week, against every opponent? Of course I realize that once a game is "out of hand", teams may not be going "all out", but certainly at the start of games, and as long as the game is somewhat close, every player on both sides should be giving 100% or they shouldn't be out there.

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Are people starting to believe me when I say the Eagles are trash?

I will freely admit I'm surprised by last night's result.  I haven't watched very much Iggles football this year but it appears Dallas completely dominated that game.

The Iggles will be a desperate team this week.  The question is whether the Bills match their intensity for 60 minutes.

We talk about Philly being “super duper” motivated, and maybe they will be, maybe not... maybe they’re just an average team? 

You know who else should be motivated?  Our defense..   I doubt anyone on that side of the ball has a good taste in their mouth giving up 21 to the Dolphins, 14 in the first half, and letting Fitz put a scare in us.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Are people starting to believe me when I say the Eagles are trash?

They are not good, regardless how super duper motivated they are this week. And Wentz looks like a bum.

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We talk about Philly being “super duper” motivated, and maybe they will be, maybe not... maybe they’re just an average team? 

You know who else should be motivated?  Our defense..   I doubt anyone on that side of the ball has a good taste in their mouth giving up 21 to the Dolphins, 14 in the first half, and letting Fitz put a scare in us.  

That's a good point and was one of my bigger takeaways from the game. The defense absolutely must be kicking themselves that their season high in points allowed was to the Dolphins. Hopefully that translates into a smothering performance next week. 

6 hours ago, Philo said:

That's a good point and was one of my bigger takeaways from the game. The defense absolutely must be kicking themselves that their season high in points allowed was to the Dolphins. Hopefully that translates into a smothering performance next week. 

It was such a weird game because I really think Fitz got lucky on some of his arm punts. And the TD run was not expected by him but Fitz is Fitz. He just does so much off schedule that is hard for a D to prepare for. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, yesterday it did but glad it went our way eventually. Just think the D can have a good game plan but can’t plan for some of what he does. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was such a weird game because I really think Fitz got lucky on some of his arm punts. And the TD run was not expected by him but Fitz is Fitz. He just does so much off schedule that is hard for a D to prepare for. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, yesterday it didn’t but glad it went our way eventually. Just think the D can have a good game plan but can’t plan for some of what he does. 

Yup, it's just the Fitzmagic effect. Sometimes he just plays out of his mind and makes great plays. 

32 minutes ago, Philo said:

Yup, it's just the Fitzmagic effect. Sometimes he just plays out of his mind and makes great plays. 

He played out of his mind because he loves to play here in front of the Bills fans.

This might have been the last game Fitz ever plays here.

Edited by JMF2006
wording

3 hours ago, mannc said:

They are not good, regardless how super duper motivated they are this week. And Wentz looks like a bum.

Then what would that make the Dolphins? The Eagles were tied with the Cowboys at 3-3 and 'are not good'. The Dolphins almost won and are winless while being looked at as one of the worst teams in the NFL, but they were super duper motivated......

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Then what would that make the Dolphins? The Eagles were tied with the Cowboys at 3-3 and 'are not good'. The Dolphins almost won and are winless while being looked at as one of the worst teams in the NFL, but they were super duper motivated......

When did I say Miami is good?  

Did you watch the Eagles last night?  They were pathetic—against a 3-3 team.

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

He played out of his mind because he loves to play here in front of the Bills fans.

This might have been the last game Fitz ever plays here.

The Bills have to play the AFC West next season, and Denver seems like a good next landing spot for Fitz. Don't rule that out!