SNF: Eagles at Cowboys (-3) 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Love how the Cowboys are trying to score with 22 seconds and 1 TO...we stop trying at a minute and a half with all 3 TOs...lol

Given the situation, I thought it was a good call. Deep in our own end, down 5, McDermott was probably concerned about a pick

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Love how the Cowboys are trying to score with 22 seconds and 1 TO...we stop trying at a minute and a half with all 3 TOs...lol

I’d do that too if the Bills had Dallas Oline , Prescott , Elliott etc. I can see not being too risky with Josh Allen in there at this point. 

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

dat fine French art tho

When the Bills build a new stadium, I truly hope they don't built a mall with a football stadium in it. Fitz was talking earlier this week about how he goes from stadium to stadium, and he loves the Bills experience.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Given the situation, I thought it was a good call. Deep in our own end, down 5, McDermott was probably concerned about a pick

Yup.  He did throw a pick six last season against the Fins at home before halftime.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

When the Bills build a new stadium, I truly hope they don't built a mall with a football stadium in it. Fitz was talking earlier this week about how he goes from stadium to stadium, and he 

Gets traded before the game ends?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d do that too if the Bills had Dallas Oline , Prescott , Elliott etc. I can see not being too risky with Josh Allen in there at this point. 

Exactly.  I hate that they leave seconds and TOs on the board, but I'm enough of a homer to admit that they probably don't take advantage of it because it would probably be a bad idea.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

One of biggest complaints about McDermott so far, is the lack of killer instinct. Is it play calling by Daboll? Is it execution? Who knows, but the foot seems to frequently come off the gas. Last year they had the chance against the Vikings, only to score 0 second half points. I seem to remember the play calling going ultra conservative in the second half. Perhaps they learned from that, because they dropped 41 on the Jets and 40-ish on the Dolphins to close out the year. And, again, it could be Daboll or execution as well. But something that concerns me and my very little football knowledge. 

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

One of biggest complaints about McDermott so far, is the lack of killer instinct. Is it play calling by Daboll? Is it execution? Who knows, but the foot seems to frequently come off the gas. Last year they had the chance against the Vikings, only to score 0 second half points. I seem to remember the play calling going ultra conservative in the second half. Perhaps they learned from that, because they dropped 41 on the Jets and 40-ish on the Dolphins to close out the year. And, again, it could be Daboll or execution as well. But something that concerns me and my very little football knowledge. 

Is it being conservative or the other team making adjustments to take away whatever was working? There's being aggressive and there's being careless. Other than giving fans a chub there's no point to running up a score. Especially when you have a young QB who's still learning to read defenses.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is it being conservative or the other team making adjustments to take away whatever was working? There's being aggressive and there's being careless. Other than giving fans a chub there's no point to running up a score. Especially when you have a young QB who's still learning to read defenses.

It's not running up the score.  It is preventing the other team from getting back into the game, late.  McD and Daboll went into a shell with three draw plays in a row which resulted in a punt and took little time off the clock.  It is the offensive equivalent of the prevent defense.