SNF: Eagles at Cowboys (-3) 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's not running up the score.  It is preventing the other team from getting back into the game, late.  McD and Daboll went into a shell with three draw plays in a row which resulted in a punt and took little time off the clock.  It is the offensive equivalent of the prevent defense.

But in all fairness... isn't that what they did 2 weeks ago in TN?  In that game, Gore got the yards and they ran the clock out.  It was a great drive to end the game.   In this game, eeehhh not so great.    

I'm not sure I can fault the game plan there. But the execution surely was lacking. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

But in all fairness... isn't that what they did 2 weeks ago in TN?  In that game, Gore got the yards and they ran the clock out.  It was a great drive to end the game.   In this game, eeehhh not so great.    

I'm not sure I can fault the game plan there. But the execution surely was lacking. 

That's the point...Gore got the yards and ran the clock out.  I think it is fair to say the end of game play calling was effective for that game.  Today, they got a grand total of what, 5 yards and had to punt; not effective.  This took little time off the clock.

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Eagles will probably throw the kitchen sink at us next week as they are getting depantsed tonight but there are alot of plays to made against their secondary lets do this 

This was my thought as well. They should be desperate.  I hope the Bills are more settled and prepared than the first 3 quarters today.  Going to need a good game next week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So the Cowboys just trounced the Eagles. How much better than the Bills does that make the Jets? 

Bills beat Jets, Jets beat Cowboys, Cowboys beat Eagles. I love this logic. 

Man, does it feel good to be on TOP!

24 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

This was my thought as well. They should be desperate.  I hope the Bills are more settled and prepared than the first 3 quarters today.  Going to need a good game next week.

And the Eagles weren’t desperate to beat the Cowboys tonight. They gonna suddenly step up their game to beat a non division non conference team in a game that has nowhere near the playoff implications for them?

Just now, Nick the Greek said:

Bills beat Jets, Jets beat Cowboys, Cowboys beat Eagles. I love this logic. 

Man, does it feel good to be on TOP!

Hope you picked up on the sarcasm in my post. Some on the board were making statements about the Jets beating the Cowboys and that it somehow diminished the Bills. It’s the NFL and what a team did this week or against a different team means very little. It is good to be 5-1 though. Long way to go, but it’s a good start. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This game is going to be interesting in this respect; if you get to Wentz, he's BAD. If you can't generate pressure, he's good. He just doesn't get rid of the ball in a timely manner under duress. So it will be interesting to see if we can generate enough pressure to get bad Wentz. That will be the key to next week's game IMO. If the DL doesn't get pressure, this could be a very tough game despite the Eagles horrific showing tonight. I just don't think we can rely on the offense to score many points right now. 

Hughes, Oliver, Phillips, Murphy(he's been on the field, not sure what he's doing), and Shaq need to be ready to attack.

7 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

And the Eagles weren’t desperate to beat the Cowboys tonight. They gonna suddenly step up their game to beat a non division non conference team in a game that has nowhere near the playoff implications for them?

Are you asking because you don't know or because you are trying to prove a point?

Just now, thronethinker said:

I’m asking you if that’s what you think will happen. 

My original comment was in regard to the fact that the Eagles may now be super duper motivated.  I agree they were likely very motivated to win tonight but now they are super duper motivated and that makes me very scared in my pants.

51 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

My original comment was in regard to the fact that the Eagles may now be super duper motivated.  I agree they were likely very motivated to win tonight but now they are super duper motivated and that makes me very scared in my pants.

A lot of people don't know this but since 1972, teams that have been "super duper motivated" have actually a lower winning percentage than teams that were "likely very motivated." I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's a fact. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

A lot of people don't know this but since 1972, teams that have been "super duper motivated" have actually a lower winning percentage than teams that were "likely very motivated." I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's a fact. 

I double dog dare you to post a link.

Watched the game on the train in this morning as per my usual Monday routine, so here are my thoughts....

- Philadelphia is a team with an identity crisis. What does it want to be on offense? What does it want to be on defense? There is still talent on both sides of the ball (though there are some glaring weaknesses too) but they just seem to try and survive week to week. Pederson might be a good playcaller. I am still not sold on him as a great Head Coach. 

- The Cowboys played like their season was on the line. It was. And that win might be critical come the final shakeup. 

- Zeke Elliott is a force of nature, however, the Dallas offense doesn't run through Zeke and it doesn't run through Dak - it runs through the offensive line. Having their guys back healthy up front is the difference for this team. 

- Paying Dak Prescott is one of the hardest QB contract decisions I can remember. He isn't and likely won't ever be a top 10 Quarterback, however, he is solidly in that 11-16 top half of the league group and he is an obvious leader of that team you see it on the field and in his demeanour. It is partly why the window really is now for Dallas because when they pay Dak inevitably some of the talent elsewhere will have to thin out. That roster is so good. To miss the playoffs this year would be significant waste. 

- The Dallas defense had a bounce back night from a poor showing against the Jets and created 4 takeaways.....  it is a top 10 D and if the Cowboys are going to reach their potential the defense has a large role to play. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

It could go the other way as well.

After getting humiliated on national TV in the biggest game of the year the Eagles go into a nose dive.

They gave a stat on TV last night that a 3-4 team has a 14% chance of making the playoffs.

I think the Bills will be prepared for them.

51 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

It could go the other way as well.

After getting humiliated on national TV in the biggest game of the year the Eagles go into a nose dive.

They gave a stat on TV last night that a 3-4 team has a 14% chance of making the playoffs.

I think the Bills will be prepared for them.

McDermott will never admit it but I’m sure this game has some extra juice for him. He grew up in philly and got his first real start in  coaching with the eagles. He succeeded there as DC and then was fired there. He will want the defense most of all to be lit. Just a little something extra. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McDermott will never admit it but I’m sure this game has some extra juice for him. He grew up in philly and got his first real start in  coaching with the eagles. He succeeded there as DC and then was fired there. He will want the defense most of all to be lit. Just a little something extra. 

Was there any over lap of his time there with Doug Pederson?