SNF: Eagles at Cowboys (-3) 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

Just now, clayboy54 said:

There’s a misnomer that teams that play badly one week are more motivated to play better the next game. If you tend to play badly of late, which the Eagles have, you need more than just emotional motivation to turn that around. A good beat down will send them to Buffalo questioning their strengths.

Yeah, I’d rather face them coming in off a loss. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Just a hunch, but I'm thinking the team who will be facing them.....the same team who was 17 point favorites today, and laid an egg, and looked like crap. LOL

Funny how your game perception still resulted in a solid win. We should lay more eggs just like that!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

There’s a misnomer that teams that play badly one week are more motivated to play better the next game. If you tend to play badly of late, which the Eagles have, you need more than just emotional motivation to turn that around. A good beat down will send them to Buffalo questioning their strengths.

I'll take it then... go cowgirls I guess.

Just now, clayboy54 said:

Funny how your game perception still resulted in a solid win. We should lay more eggs just like that!

Solid win!? LOL The TD at the end was a very, VERY unusual/rare occurrence on an onside kick. Without that TD, they win by only 3....AND AGAIN, THEY WERE 17 POINTS FAVORITES!

Listen, I'm very glad they won, but going forward, if they play like they did today against good teams, they'll get killed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Solid win!? LOL The TD at the end was a very, VERY unusual/rare occurrence on an onside kick. Without that TD, they win by only 3....AND AGAIN, THEY WERE 17 POINTS FAVORITES!

Listen, I'm very glad they won, but going forward, if they play like they did today against good teams, they'll get killed.

But John, that TD still counted, however rare it may have been. You could also argue that the Fitz running TD is rare for him. Yes, the defense played soft much of the game. Again, they came up big when they needed to with Tre and Jordan Phillips. 

the old adage of “any given Sunday” tells us that any team can have a strong game. Miami played their hearts out today. We came up on top, as we should’ve. Point spreads mean absolutely nothing to NFL teams. It’s either win or lose. We are 5-1. There’s no such thing as “if we play that way against good teams.” Today, Miami played like a good team and we beat them.

• Thank you (+1) 1