You Can Thank Me for the Win Today

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

So, I almost got kicked out of the game today.  I was sitting in the Kelly Club section 212, stuffy crowd there.  I was by far the loudest person in the section, but all I was really doing is pounding the empty seat in front of me and screaming defense on third downs.  I was pretty quiet otherwise but the couple to the left of the seat I was pounding on wasn't appreciative of my enthusiasm. This couple asked me to stop pounding on the seat in a not so friendly fashion and I did not comply. I was not using vulgar language at all or being aggressive towards anyone other than the Dolphins.  I was just a loud, passionate fan.  

The thing is, when these people tried to shut me up, I told them I'm just going to be as loud as possible on every defensive down from then on.  I did not change what I was doing at all.  I just began to pound on the empty seat in front of me on 1st and 2nd down as well as third when the Bills defense was on the field.  I admit I was defiant when they told me to stop but what I said, almost  verbatim when they tried to shut me up is, well I'm just going to be as loud as possible now.  The couple that was trying to get me to quiet down was on there cell phones for a decent portion of the game.

As the 3rd quarter began and the Dolphins were driving, I was obnoxiously loud on every down, but was doing nothing more than pounding the empty seat in front of me and screaming defense.  That is it.  A large portion of section 212 turned against me and were giving me guff, but I would not back down.  I invited all of them to go get the usher if they didn't like it.  Then I just went up to the usher myself and explained the situation.  When I got back from the usher, the Dolphins had a first and goal from the 2 yard line about to go up 21-9.  Because of the situation, I missed how they got down there.  To the dismay of the people in section 212, I immediately became super loud and started pounding the seat in front of me and chanting defense.  Then the Bills made the biggest play of the game and got the turnover that turned the game around.  And wouldn't you know it,  the people who were most aggressive about shutting me up were all searching me out for high fives, save the original couple that had a problem with me.  

I went up to the usher before the end of the game when we were up 24-14 and talked to him again.  He mentioned it was a good  that I came to talk to him earlier because security came to him and were ready to kick me out and that they said someone told them I was pretty intoxicated, which was a lie.  The thing is I'm not a big drinker at all.  I had 3 beers before the game over 4 hours.  The first time I have had a drink in two months.  The usher stood up for me and said I wasn't intoxicated and prevented security from coming to kick me out.  He said he had been watching me and I wasn't doing anything egregious.  I was simply being the loudest, most hardcore fan in the section when the team was on defense.  

So I had this one couple try to shut me up for being a Bills fan.  Then I had almost an entire section turn on me because admittedly, my intentional reaction was to be as loud as possible every down the Bills were on defense.  It was a very uncomfortable situation to be in but I thought I was right and I wouldn't back down.  I kind of feel that my willingness to to have an entire section hate me because of my passion for the Bills made the difference today.  Especially because the immediate play after getting back to my seat after talking to the usher was the play of the game.  I understand why people in my section thought I was an ahole, because they did not understand how it all started, which was basically me be very loud on 3rd down.  They just thought I was a drunk ahole, but I am just an ahole, not a drunk ahole.  I just didn't appreciate people telling me not to cheer for my team.  I told them they are at the wrong stadium watching the wrong game., they should go to a baseball game instead.  I was obnoxiously loud after they tried to shut me up but I still only was pounding the seat in front of me and yelling defense, and let's go.  Those were literally the only words coming out of my mouth.  No vulgar or threatening language at all.  My hand actually hurts right now from pounding the seat in front of me. 

I just wanted to share this, and I know I'm being a little silly when I say you can thank me for the win, but it was a ridiculous situation as a Bills fan to be in for simply cheering loudly for your team.  It was the first time I have ever sat in the Kelly Club and it didn't seem like they welcomed my passion, where as the same enthusiasm fit right in at games I have gone to in the past.  It was really 15-20 against 1 and I wouldn't back down.  Like I said it was very uncomfortable, but I'm glad I was proactive in talking to the usher because he saw that I was not being a dick and stood up for me.  So maybe, just maybe, standing my ground a circle of people who were trying to ruin my day was the karma we needed to pull this one out.  So, your welcome.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
12 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

It's clear what the "12" signifies.

Yep, it's Jim Kelly's number.  I know you are trying to say I'm immature but I happen to be a very small segment of the population that won't back down to avoid confrontation and appease those around me.  Most people will but that is not who I am.  Think whatever you want about me but most people are followers and will go along with whatever the crowd tells them.  You probably would have fit in well in the Germany during the late 1930's.  I think almost everyone that was around me realized before the end of the game, that I was not doing anything wrong and just didn't fully understand the situation when it began.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

6 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Yep, it's Jim Kelly's number.  I know you are trying to say I'm immature but I happen to be a very small segment of the population that won't back down to avoid confrontation and appease those around me.  Most people will but that is not who I am.  Think whatever you want about me but most people are followers and will go along with whatever the crowd tells them.  You probably would have fit in well in the Germany during the late 1930's.  I think almost that was around me realized before the end of the game, that I was not doing anything wrong and just didn't fully understand the situation when it began.

Maybe that poster was trying to say you're the 12th man...

No, no, no....you right....they're a Nazi

• Haha (+1) 1

The entire section turned against you? 

I’ll wait for Paul Harvey. 

I was in Nashville 2 weeks ago, drunk with 19 of my closest college friends (5 friends, but a bunch of acquaintances). Never once did a person, much less an entire section, turn against me. 

That was at an away game. 

Admittedly I've only sat in that section once, but it's nothing like the rest of the stadium. It lacks intensity, which I find unbecoming. As a fan, you have a responsibility to be loud (within reason). It helps the team. Dont ya wanna show em love and help em win? Its essential if you're gonna call yourself a Bills fan. 

2 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Was someone sitting in the seat you were pounding?

Good question. I do avoid doing that if someone is sitting there. And I'm as loud as they come. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

So, I almost got kicked out of the game today.  I was sitting in the Kelly Club section 212, stuffy crowd there.  I was by far the loudest person in the section, but all I was really doing is pounding the empty seat in front of me and screaming defense on third downs.  I was pretty quiet otherwise but the couple to the left of the seat I was pounding on wasn't appreciative of my enthusiasm. This couple asked me to stop pounding on the seat in a not so friendly fashion and I did not comply. I was not using vulgar language at all or being aggressive towards anyone other than the Dolphins.  I was just a loud, passionate fan.  

The thing is, when these people tried to shut me up, I told them I'm just going to be as loud as possible on every defensive down from then on.  I did not change what I was doing at all.  I just began to pound on the empty seat in front of me on 1st and 2nd down as well as third when the Bills defense was on the field.  I admit I was defiant when they told me to stop but what I said, almost  verbatim when they tried to shut me up is, well I'm just going to be as loud as possible now.  The couple that was trying to get me to quiet down was on there cell phones for a decent portion of the game.

As the 3rd quarter began and the Dolphins were driving, I was obnoxiously loud on every down, but was doing nothing more than pounding the empty seat in front of me and screaming defense.  That is it.  A large portion of section 212 turned against me and were giving me ***** but I would not back down.  I invited all of them to go get the usher if they didn't like it.  Then I just went up to the usher myself and explained the situation.  When I got back from the usher, the Dolphins had a first and goal from the 2 yard line about to go up 21-9.  Because of the situation, I missed how they got down there.  To the dismay of the people in section 212, I immediately became super loud and started pounding the seat in front of me and chanting defense.  Then the Bills made the biggest play of the game and got the turnover that turned the game around.  And wouldn't you know it,  the people who were most aggressive about shutting me up were all searching me out for high fives, save the original couple that had a problem with me.  

I went up to the usher before the end of the game when we were up 24-14 and talked to him again.  He mentioned it was a good  that I came to talk to him earlier because security came to him and were ready to kick me out and that they said someone told them I was pretty intoxicated, which was a lie.  The thing is I'm not a big drinker at all.  I had 3 beers before the game over 4 hours.  The first time I have had a drink in two months.  The usher stood up for me and said I wasn't intoxicated and prevented security from coming to kick me out.  He said he had been watching me and I wasn't doing anything egregious.  I was simply being the loudest, most hardcore fan in the section when the team was on defense.  

So I had this one couple try to shut me up for being a Bills fan.  Then I had almost an entire section turn on me because admittedly, my intentional reaction was to be as loud as possible every down the Bills were on defense.  It was a very uncomfortable situation to be in but I thought I was right and I wouldn't back down.  I kind of feel that my willingness to to have an entire section hate me because of my passion for the Bills made the difference today.  Especially because the immediate play after getting back to my seat after talking to the usher was the play of the game.  I understand why people in my section thought I was an #######, because they did not understand how it all started, which was basically me be very loud on 3rd down.  They just thought I was a drunk ####### but I am just an #######, not a drunk #######.  I just didn't appreciate people telling me not to cheer for my team.  I told them they are at the wrong stadium watching the wrong game., they should go to a baseball game instead.  I was obnoxiously loud after they tried to shut me up but I still only was pounding the seat in front of me and yelling defense, and let's go.  Those were literally the only words coming out of my mouth.  No vulgar or threatening language at all.  My hand actually hurts right now from pounding the seat in front of me. 

I just wanted to share this, and I know I'm being a little silly when I say you can thank me for the win, but it was a ridiculous situation as a Bills fan to be in for simply cheering loudly for your team.  It was the first time I have ever sat in the Kelly Club and it didn't seem like they welcomed my passion, where as the same enthusiasm fit right in at games I have gone to in the past.  It was really 15-20 against 1 and I wouldn't back down.  Like I said it was very uncomfortable, but I'm glad I was proactive in talking to the usher because he saw that I was not being a dick and stood up for me.  So maybe, just maybe, standing my ground a circle of people who were trying to ruin my day was the karma we needed to pull this one out.  So, your welcome.

Man...you sure they were not Patriot fans! They sure sound like it.

• Like (+1) 1