Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

Just now, SJDK said:

Hmm you forgot Deshaun Watson’s record. His team is 4-3, I’ll take Josh Allen. You’re welcome. 

The Buffalo Bills are 5-1. 

Anyone who would take Allen over Watson is insane. If you called Houston and said we’d give you Allen and two firsts for Watson, they’d laugh and hang up. 

Insanity.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Buffalo Bills are 5-1. 

Anyone who would take Allen over Watson is insane. If you called Houston and said we’d give you Allen and two firsts for Watson, they’d laugh and hang up. 

Insanity.

My point is that winning has a lot to do with the quarterback position and I’d still take josh.. but give me Watson’s receivers

51 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Allen, considering the level of opposition today, gets a D. Nice to have a guy with a rocket for a right arm and can’t hit the broad side of a barn from 30+ yards. Good win. Tre’s the MVP. Allen is frustrating as hell. Should have beat this miami team by 25.

Moronic

miami is an nfl team even if it is a bad one

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SJDK said:

My point is that winning has a lot to do with the quarterback position and I’d still take josh.. but give me Watson’s receivers

Oh it does? Do touchdowns have a lot to do with winning? Because Watson has ~ 10 TD’s more than Josh does this year. Do interceptions have a lot to do with winning? Because Watson has thrown less than half as many as Josh has. Actually, Josh has thrown 1 less career INT than Watson has and Josh has played 12 less games.

But sure. You’d take Allen. 

Edited by BringBackOrton

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

C/C+.   Some atrocious throws and bad decisions.  

His long ball is....way too long most of the time. Having said that, he had good numbers despite some terrible drops. I’m a Knox fan, but the rookie did the team no favors today. The one drop was just horrible. Another would have been a very nice catch. The penalty didn’t help either, but he wasn’t alone there.... We expected the offense to be a project, and that’s the case. 

Josh didn’t turn the ball over, even under duress where he used to make the knuckleheaded throw/pick. I think you are dwelling on the past a bit. I’d give at least a solid B. Hit a long ball and that goes way up. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Josh Allen is really starting to worry me. I am starting to question his overall intelligence. Making the same dumb mistakes over and over again why take a sack when you are well out of the pocket.  Throw it out of bounds for God's sakes he is two yards from the sidelines and he takes a sack

Yeah because it's easy to throw out of bounds after breaking 4 tackles and still have a 5th guy to deal with.  At what point did he actually have position and time to throw it away?  You probably like Tyrod Taylor and had no problem with him walking out of bounds for a 2 yard loss.  Allen has clearly shown the willingness to throw the ball away so I think I will side with him in that he just didn't have a good moment to do so while trying to avoid all of the defenders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Oh it does? Do touchdowns have a lot to do with winning? Because Watson has ~ 10 TD’s more than Josh does this year. Do interceptions have a lot to do with winning? Because Watson has thrown less than half as many as Josh has. Actually, Josh has thrown 1 less career INT than Watson has and Josh has played 12 less games.

But sure. You’d take Allen. 

Oh, you’re still looking backwards. Nice. Are you still regretting decisions you made at the Prom? At what point do you move on? Do you realize we had a different GM during that draft? Are you going to have anything about this on your tombstone?

I prefer to be forward looking. You can’t change the past, so I won’t make myself miserable over any water under the bridge. It happened, mourn a little and move on with life. But maybe that’s just me. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Oh, you’re still looking backwards. Nice. Are you still regretting decisions you made at the Prom? At what point do you move on? Do you realize we had a different GM during that draft? Are you going to have anything about this on your tombstone?

I prefer to be forward looking. You can’t change the past, so I won’t make myself miserable over any water under the bridge. It happened, mourn a little and move on with life. But maybe that’s just me. 

If you follow the conversation, I was asked point blank what QB I’d rather have. If you look too forward, you might miss the posts I’m responding to.

Edited by BringBackOrton

3 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Well, I guss I'll go B+ due to no turnovers. Missed another deep throw TD, and ofc the 3rd qtr issues continue.

You do realize that the Bills had 1 possession in the 3rd quarter and it ended with a touchdown in the 4th quarter?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

If you follow the conversation, I was asked point blank what QB I’d rather have. If you look too forward, you might miss the posts I’m responding to.

OK, I didn’t read EVERY post in every thread. I just get tired of the “we should have....” posts. That’s weak and tired. But if it’s in that context then that’s cool and fair enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chicharito said:

D and it’s only because we got the win. Countless receivers jumping, screaming wide open and he looked them off or never looked in that direction. I’m hoping he can work out his issues but it’s getting scary.

That happened once and the guy he threw it to dropped the ball

36 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Right. Josh Allen is looking Super Bowl caliber for sure

Please tell us the one again about how Allen is the same as Tim Tebow... That one never gets old...really

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No need to follow the conversation very far. Your posts are always the same: Some variation of Josh Allen sucks

Edited by billsfan1959

1 minute ago, wiley16350 said:

You do realize that the Bills had 1 possession in the 3rd quarter and it ended with a touchdown in the 4th quarter?

I doubt he does.  Hint, Seven-n-Nine - Miami drive in the 3Q lasted 9:59 and ended in INT.  Bills then Had a 6+ minute 98 yd drive ending in TD, extending into 4Q.

Since what most have complained of is the O being flat or ineffective in the 3Q, one can’t say that this game.  Previously, of course, the D was stout in the 3Q

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

LOL. Did you just say the Biils have a great offense that is being held back by Allen?

He did.  A lot of bad takes in this thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Anyone less lazy than me know what Allen’s 2nd half completion percentage was, thanks in advance, ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 808 said:

What did mitch trubisky finish with last year? blake bortles was 13-3!!! Hahahaha

This is just becoming silly now. If you actually think Allen is on the same level as Mitch or Bortles then you have a screw loose and you obviously just live to complain about the best QB we have had in 20 years.  I live in Chicago, Mitch sucks and they won’t go more than 8-8 with an awesome defense primarily because of him. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Would I rather have a worse stat line? No that’s silly.

If the only thing that matters is getting a win then Lamar shouldn’t be criticized either regardless of his stat line. That’s how it works right?

Lamar is praised to no end by the big football media. I watched the half-time show of that game but not the game itself, and by the tone I thought he had been killing them and then I see 5 for 12, 100 yards. WTH. His 3 highlights (2 passes and 1 run) were amazing though, no lie. But he must not have done that much more in regards to his stats. And at that time it was 13-13, which their defense scoring a TD. So it's not like the Ravens was killing it yet they keep praising him. I am aware Lamar had a better second half but both he and Josh win "differently" yet for some reason mostly Jackson gets the praise & attention, and so many Bills fans on here badmouth Allen more than anyone in the media.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wiley16350 said:

Yeah because it's easy to throw out of bounds after breaking 4 tackles and still have a 5th guy to deal with.  At what point did he actually have position and time to throw it away?  You probably like Tyrod Taylor and had no problem with him walking out of bounds for a 2 yard loss.  Allen has clearly shown the willingness to throw the ball away so I think I will side with him in that he just didn't have a good moment to do so while trying to avoid all of the defenders.

Ahhhh yea ok what ever you say.