Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

I didn't think this thread was grading the offense, but rather Allen. Do you recognize the difference?

Sorry but no below average QB is 5-1. Stop blaming him for the lame play calling and coaching telling him to throw 7 yard passes all game. If you want 300 yard games, then you will have to wait for 1) another outside WR because we only have Brown. 2) another coaching staff because this one is conservative and isn’t playing KC ball.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

That's not a thing. F is the worst possible game. So 9 points and zero turnovers and no horrific passes is the worst possible game. 

Yep. For those who may need to re-calibrate your grading, this is an F.

ej-manuel-fumble.gif?w=500&h=296

tenor.gif?itemid=7749261

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Locomark said:

Sorry but no below average QB is 5-1. Stop blaming him for the lame play calling and coaching telling him to throw 7 yard passes all game. If you want 300 yard games, then you will have to wait for 1) another outside WR because we only have Brown. 2) another coaching staff because this one is conservative and isn’t playing KC ball.

Yeah I’m surprised we don’t call more deep passes seeing as how on target Josh was throwing to a wide open Andre Roberts today.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Yep. For those who may need to re-calibrate your grading, this is an F.

ej-manuel-fumble.gif?w=500&h=296

tenor.gif?itemid=7749261

Josh Allen is EJ with a clutch gene.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the folks giving Allen bad grades are the same ones who think Alabama would beat Miami

If Josh Allen was QBing for the Dolphins, they’d almost certainly be down at halftime. Josh would probably shake it off and get them a win, and then he’d be a Super Bowl MVP favorite. 

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's not a thing. F is the worst possible game. So 9 points and zero turnovers and no horrific passes is the worst possible game. 

That's not good. That's not total failure. Especially when a perfect pass gets us first and goal that Knox drops. 

I would give him a D (below average) for the first half. 

He played much better in the 2nd half. All in all I probably give me a C. He played just well enough over 4 quarters for Buffalo to come away with a W.

JA definitely has the ability to make plays. He’s super exciting to watch. His inability to put any kind of touch on his passes is wearing thin on me. Everything doesn’t need to be a rocket. Never seems like anything lands softly in the bread basket for JA.  

Just now, Mango said:

I would give him a D (below average) for the first half. 

He played much better in the 2nd half. All in all I probably give me a C. He played just well enough over 4 quarters for Buffalo to come away with a W.

JA definitely has the ability to make plays. He’s super exciting to watch. His inability to put any kind of touch on his passes is wearing thin on me. Everything doesn’t need to be a rocket. Never seems like anything lands softly in the bread basket for JA.  

Name one "touch" pass he missed. He was three for three on touch passes. He missed two long balls bad. He needs to hit one or both. Those are not touch passes. 

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the folks giving Allen bad grades are the same ones who think Alabama would beat Miami

With Rosen as the starter, I absolutely think Alabama is better than the Dolphins. 

I would also take Clemson over them.

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The forest is that the weakest player on our team, same as the last 20 years, is the QB and it’s apparrent every game this year. Matt Moore plays better and more consistent than Josh Allen. 

As long as you stay that way, the more we will keep winning. Never change, Smalls.

9 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I didn't think this thread was grading the offense, but rather Allen. Do you recognize the difference?

Do you? He had an underwhelming day. If you guys want to play everyone gets a trophy participation awards thats cool you guys can hand out all the above average grades you want. 
it wasnt good. Multiple times during the game the showed wrs open and him not even looking that way. Over throwing brown/roberts by 10 yards was bad. Had a nice throw to brown on the td and a good throw over the middle to knox which he dropped but that was above average. 
maybe it was above average for josh allen but not for the NFL in 2019. 
Happy they got the win but that wasnt above average. 

39 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Imagine needing a comeback against a historically bad 0-5 time. 

I swear, some of you would praise Allen for a comeback if the Bills beat Texas Tech by a point.

And if he won the Super Bowl, you would find the most negative interpretation possible of his play...

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Name one "touch" pass he missed. He was three for three on touch passes. He missed two long balls bad. He needs to hit one or both. Those are not touch passes. 

The kid throws a fastball 95% of the time. Only throwing 3 touch passes is the problem. 

Cole Beasley has talked to Allen about taking some heat off the ball. He’s like Rick Vaughn. Haha.