Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Getting out played by Ryan Fitzpatrick while playing against the worst defense in the NFL IS Allen’s fault.

Tebow defense

10/11 in second half with 2 tds.  Will take that all day every day.  

Go to bed. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Hebert19 said:

10/11 in second half with 2 tds.  Will take that all day every day.  

Go to bed. 

Orton believes that games end at halftime 

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Unfortunately JP Tebow has thrown 10 INT’s on the year.

I'm now convinced that you're joking 

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Getting out played by Ryan Fitzpatrick while playing against the worst defense in the NFL IS Allen’s fault.

Tebow defense

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nice D today huh?

Looked great allowing Fitz to put up 21 points.

Good thing we have the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL. The guy that went 10/11 in the 2nd half and lead the offense to 2 4th quarter TDs 

Like I said: scoreboard.

Now cry about it some more 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I said scoreboard. You said it was about the defense.

Tape doesn’t lie. Just like Allen’s tape doesn’t lie.

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah the D didn’t play great. Not sure how that makes the worst defense in the NFL good, but it is a pretty strawman.

Are you missing the fact that the Bills' defense gave up more points to the phins than any defense has all year? Are we blaming that on the offense as well? Where is the phins' offense ranked, again?

If anything the way the phins ran all over the Bills is the most concerning thing that came out of today. Other teams will take note. Not to mention, the fact the phins exposed Wallace and our defense didn't ever adapt to it. 

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm a huge fan, HUGE of his, but he had me scratching my head at times, while again, having some clutch moments. He gets B-  from me. 

I've posted this many times before and will do so again: I hope the constant negative posters watch other games. Even great QBs have inaccurate throws, bad reads, miss open guys, etc. If you only watch highlights you don't exactly get a complete picture... Stop expecting perfection out of Allen or the team!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Meh.

Drives stalling and not executing on offense is not taking over a game. It’s not a good looking drive if they are settling for FGs.

I agree, and this has actually been a theme all year. Too many drops and penalties that kill good looking drives. My point is that the offense moved the ball well overall. But they need to finish. 

Just now, Paulus said:

Are you missing the fact that the Bills' defense gave up more points to the phins than any defense has all year? Are we blaming that on the offense as well?

If anything the way the phins ran all over the Bills is the most concerning thing that came out of today. Other teams will take note. Not to mention, the fact the phins exposed Wallace and our defense didn't ever adapt to it. 

Wallace had a rough game  That tall wr on the Dolphins tore Wallace up on in breaking routes

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

While it was my reaction, it was because of déjà vu. Not the first it has happened. Last year they could get blown out one or two games then come back super stiff. Weird almost.  

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I agree, and this has actually been a theme all year. Too many drops and penalties that kill good looking drives. My point is that the offense moved the ball well overall. But they need to finish. 

Oh I agree, just meant that’s part of taking over a game, finishing. 

Anyways, BILLS WIN! And I thought Allen had a very good second half.

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

Are you missing the fact that the Bills' defense gave up more points to the phins than any defense has all year? Are we blaming that on the offense as well?

We allowed 3.6 YPC. And even IF we got ran all over, that doesn’t change the fact the Bills were 3-10 on third down AND Joshy boy completed 6 passes in the first half.

16 minutes ago, 808 said:

D

its 2019 and it was a below average performance for a qb against a historically bad defense. 
he should be dominating these types of teams. But he doesnt. Takes bad sacks. Airmails wide open players and isnt seeing the whole field well. 

i think some of you are just soo accustomed to watching bad qb play that mediocre play is like a breath of fresh air. 

A-excellent 

B- above average

C- average

d-below average

F-fail 

what about todays game is above average? Its 2019 and our qb can barely get 200 against a historically bad defense at home!  
its ok to be critical guys. 

I don't think you're using your grading key correctly.....using QBR, Allen had the 8th highest rating this week (if you remove the punters and subs who threw it fewer than 7 times).

Better than Goff, Bridgewater, Wilson.  If you want to make a big deal out of it being against the Phins, that's fine but  a bit unfair.  Their D seemed to be fairly decent today...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/weekly/leaders/_/type/passing/sort/qbrat

Edited by Chuck Schick
typo

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Two Tds and no turnovers is above average. 32 TDs and 0 INT over a season would be by far the best season in the history of the league. 

Yeah except he isnt even close to that. 

you can be critical of play. But people giving him above average grades is insane. 

he was missing throws and not seeing the field well. The team won and thats great but that is not an above average performance. what do you guys consider average?