Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

B+ 

I dont see why everyone thinks miami is a push over with a hungry Fitzpatrick QB'ing them.

If you watch Miami's games this year they had a terrible defensive gameplan for Baltimore and were embarrassed. But for the most part they've held their own until Rosen kept turning over the ball to the other team.

Josh Allen played a very good game today. 

I definitely feel encouraged by his performance today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh was good today. First half was a bit of a mess for the whole team. Defense let the dolphins hold the ball a lot time. Offense had some bad drops and penalties. Even the second half, we had one possession the entire 3rd quarter. I know that we wanted to stomp the dolphins because they have been historically bad but our team played down to the competition.

Josh did everything he needed to today. Yes he still needs to improve his hot reads on those delayed blitzes that keep getting him. And he needs to improve the accuracy of his long ball.

But his accuracy is looking really good. He is playing under more and more control. We should be very very happy with his development as a QB. The two issues he had will eventually come around with more experience and opportunity.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

I give him a B+/A-.  I scored him a B in the 1st half and an A+ in the 2nd half.

In the 1st half the entire Bills O seemed to be out of sync just a bit.  Three long drives all ending in FG's isn't great but a bad drop by Knox kept us out of the end zone on one of those drives.  I've seen this before when a team comes back from a by week.  The FACT of the matter was that the poor play of the defense likely robbed the Bills of at least 2 more possessions in the half. 

In the 2nd half the D came out and allowed a spirit crushing 10 minute drive that Tre White saved with an INT at the 2.  At that point I wasn't optimistic but Allen led the Bills on a 98 yard drive in which he was 5 - 5 including the game winning TD.  On that drive the Bills overcame a false start & holding penalty.  Allen also scored the all important 2 pt conversion on a nice run. 

On the next series the D got a huge TO and Allen hit 2 nice passes to score a game clinching TD.

In the 2nd half Allen was close to perfect hitting on 10/11 passes for 112 yards and 2 TD's and he ran in the 2 pt conversion.  And he again led the Bills to a 4th quarter come back victory.  That gets a QB an A+ for that half in any grading system.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

The definition of a good QB is winning games.  We would  not be 5-1 if he were not a good QB.

If he were a bad QB, he would get rattled by INTs and other missteps and the team would lose confidence.  That's only happened in one game this year - against the best (and most ruthless) team in the AFC.

Josh is a natural winner and he refuses to let early mistakes bring him down.  He warms up over time and performs his best under pressure late.  

We are on track to win a playoff spot and if this team continues to improve as the season progresses the Division is not out of the question.

Sounds like an A+ to me.

If he doesn't score a TD on every drive the MMQBs get salty.

He made some bad plays, his WRs/TEs made some bad drops, the playcalling made some bad calls, the defense gave up more points to the phins than any other defense has this year, but they did enough to win.

Edited by Paulus
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Whitey13 said:

Do you honestly believe Allen is the only one to miss open receivers? JFC the mentality of some of you people is ridiculous 

If you were at the game you would see he misses the open receiver waiving his arms and checks it to an underneath route. Happened about 8!times this game. Then to win in this league you have to be able to complete a pass over 30 yards and he can’t. So the mentality of your ignorance is astonishing. Know and watch the game. Much more to it than rooting from the heart.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The offense and Josh need to, they still haven’t, show they can take over a game. 

I actually thought today they came pretty close to taking over the game. We had 3 straight good looking drives to start the game off. They all stalled in field goal range thanks to a couple untimely penalties and drops. Our first drive of the 2nd half was 98 yards for a TD and a 2 point conversion. They only punted once in the 2nd half when the game was still in question. We pretty much had our way with the Dolphins defense and moved the ball at will more often than not. What killed us was we only scored FGs on the first 3 drives. And the defense kept allowing long drives that kept the offense off the field. If the defense played the way we expected this would have been a blowout. The offense to me looked as good as it has all year, as it should have. This was the first game where we couldn't just expect the defense to win it for us, and the offense delivered right when it needed to.

• Like (+1) 3