Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

20 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

240 yds accounted for. 2 td. No turnovers and a 98 yd go ahead drive. 

A “C”?..... really really stupid. 

really dumb. Just bad. 

I can give him an A+ and a gold star if it makes you happy? 

Not sure how a C is some kind of stupid insult to you. He wasn’t bad but he also wasn’t great. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Well, I guss I'll go B+ due to no turnovers. Missed another deep throw TD, and ofc the 3rd qtr issues continue.

What third quarter issues are you talking about?  The Bills had one drive in the 3rd quarter and it went for the go-ahead TD.  You're complaining about a 98 yard TD drive.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

B to B +

He missed a couple throws and had a misread or two.   That was the bad.

The good, He didn't turn it over.

And his second half was damn near flawless aside from the deep bomb attempt.  He came out of the half and led the team to two TD drives including a 98 yard one to essentially put away the game.  

23 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It's mind-boggling, really. Guy leads FIVE scoring drives, has no turnovers, and yet makes bad decisions.

It's almost like they're watching a different game.

Taking a break from writing Ed Oliver hate mail to doodle Allen’s name in hearts in your journal?

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

What third quarter issues are you talking about?  The Bills had one drive in the 3rd quarter and it went for the go-ahead TD.  You're complaining about a 98 yard TD drive.

True, I guess most of that drive was in the 3rd, actually scored in the 4th. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

The definition of a good QB is winning games.  We would  not be 5-1 if he were not a good QB.

If he were a bad QB, he would get rattled by INTs and other missteps and the team would lose confidence.  That's only happened in one game this year - against the best (and most ruthless) team in the AFC.

Josh is a natural winner and he refuses to let early mistakes bring him down.  He warms up over time and performs his best under pressure late.  

We are on track to win a playoff spot and if this team continues to improve as the season progresses the Division is not out of the question.

Sounds like an A+ to me.

if he warms up over time, which appears to be the case, perhaps he should play a simulated half before the game begins.  

I'll give him a C today.  Can't keep starting slow and beat the better teams (Pats, KC, Houston, etc.)  

Running D was worrying today.  

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I can give him an A+ and a gold star if it makes you happy? 

Not sure how a C is some kind of stupid insult to you. He wasn’t bad but he also wasn’t great. 

He was pretty great when it mattered.  Did you watch the second half at all?  

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

And his second half was damn near flawless aside from the deep bomb attempt.  He came out of the half and led the team to two TD drives including a 98 yard one to essentially put away the game.  

Thank you

28 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Is the question how do you go 5-1 ? 

How stoned/drunk were you when you saw EJ Manuel ? 

Im sorry, I didn’t mean to confuse you. I didn’t see EJ Manuel. 

He reminds me of a hybrid between EJ and Teabow. A gamer with potential. -Esque 

Edited by Chill
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Can't keep starting slow and beat the better teams (Pats, KC, Houston, etc.)  

There is truth to this.  Im not saying he doesn't need to progress.  He did not do well vs Pats until it was too late, and then he got hurt.

Remember he's only started like 15 games.  He's a young rookie QB who had no one to study under.  He will get there, unless we prematurely lose confidence in him and trash his career like so many QBs at Buffalo.  Its kind of a thing we do.

• Like (+1) 1

When the Dolphins had the lead, and all the momentum in the game, driving the bsll methodically on a 8+ minute drive to start the 2nd half... Tre makes an amazing play. Allen then walks out into the field at the 2 yard line.  All he did was flip the script and drive 98 yards, and get the touchdown. Then get the 2pt conversion.    At that point, everyone knew he was going to win the game.   That.. is what Josh Allen brings to the game.    We are all lucky he's on our team. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1