Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

JA has got to get his head in the game. Too many rookie mistakes for a second year player. Looks immature and has a lot of growing to do. EJ Manualesque. 

He is still a question mark. Hopefully he will turn the corner soon. 

Edited by Chill
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ALLEN1QB said:

Josh Allen is really starting to worry me. I am starting to question his overall intelligence. Making the same dumb mistakes over and over again why take a sack when you are well out of the pocket.  Throw it out of bounds for God's sakes he is two yards from the sidelines and he takes a sack

And if it works out you'd probably praise him like you would Jackson or Mahomes. 

2 minutes ago, Chill said:

JA has got to get his head in the game. Too many rookie mistakes.  Looks immature and has a lot of growing to do. EJ Manualesque. 

I swear you people must be trolling.  You sound like we are freaking 1-5

Edited by JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS
typo
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

240 yds accounted for. 2 td. No turnovers and a 98 yd go ahead drive. 

A “C”?..... really really stupid. 

really dumb. Just bad. 

It's mind-boggling, really. Guy leads FIVE scoring drives, has no turnovers, and yet makes bad decisions.

It's almost like they're watching a different game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

13 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

B+

He needs to circunvent the mental block he has with go routes. He is either afraid of underthrowing his target or his adrenaline level prevents him from hitting the target in stride. 

Took care of the ball, had three FG drives and two fourth QTR Tds. He did his part.

I think the coaching staff has him freaked out and paranoid about throwing a pic so he keeps overthrowing everyone.

18 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

B+

He needs to circunvent the mental block he has with go routes. He is either afraid of underthrowing his target or his adrenaline level prevents him from hitting the target in stride. 

Took care of the ball, had three FG drives and two fourth QTR Tds. He did his part.

^ this.  If he completed the long pass(es) today he would have had the "breakout" game we have all been waiting for. 

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I swear you people must be trolling.  You sound like we are freaking 5-1.

well..... we are!

Seriously, yes, the offense got it done - barely - against a legendarily poor defense.  Woohoo.

Passing grade.  A/A+?  No freaking way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

"Josh did his thing as usual and got us the W."

I don't care how he does it.  Just like I don't care how many sacks Ed Oliver has, as long as he keeps disrupting the offense.

Josh is a winner and we will keep winning as long as he's healthy.

good post

Edited by BuffAlone
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Chill said:

JA has got to get his head in the game. Too many rookie mistakes for a second year player. Looks immature and has a lot of growing to do. EJ Manualesque. 

Is the question how do you go 5-1 ? 

How stoned/drunk were you when you saw EJ Manuel ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK 1: B-

WEEK 2: B

WEEK 3: C+

WEEK 4: F

WEEK 5: B+

WEEK 6: B

16 for 26 - 202 yards - 62% accuracy - 2 TDS - 32 yards rushing - 2 point rushing conversion 

The tale of two halves. In the first half, as our defense got gashed, Josh Allen led the offense to 3 FGʻs and got booʻd off the field down 14-9 against maybe the worst football team the league has seen in the past 10 years. In the second half? Almost near perfection and 2 TDʻs and a bomb that would have made his career highlight reel. Josh did his thing as usual and got us the W.

The good: ZERO TURNOVERS

The bad: A few dropped balls by our WR, and a few sacks that should have been thrown away

The ugly: left some guys wide open and didnʻt make the right read

Overall it was not his best game, and yet not his worse. I think we need to keep in mind that as bad as Miami has been, this team came out to play today. Fitzmagic had them believing in the impossible and it didnt help that Las Vegas slapped us with a 17 point spread. Miami moved the ball on offense in that first half and gashed us with runs up the gut, and Fitzy gave his WR/TEʻs 50/50 balls that they came down with. When the dust settled our defense started making plays, and our offense found rhythm.

The most important stat? We are 5-1.

GO BILLS 

I like that it’s become 62% accuracy instead of completions 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

The definition of a good QB is winning games.  We would  not be 5-1 if he were not a good QB.

If he were a bad QB, he would get rattled by INTs and other missteps and the team would lose confidence.  That's only happened in one game this year - against the best (and most ruthless) team in the AFC.

Josh is a natural winner and he refuses to let early mistakes bring him down.  He warms up over time and performs his best under pressure late.  

We are on track to win a playoff spot and if this team continues to improve as the season progresses the Division is not out of the question.

Sounds like an A+ to me.

Maybe that’s your simple definition but it isn’t mine.

42 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

C+. 

Allen needs his coming out game to come quickly. I would have preferred him to look like a star versus the Dolphins like virtually every other decent QB has looked like against them. The clock is ticking, IMO.

Nah, I think you should already give up on him.

FFS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2