Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

WEEK 1: B-

WEEK 2: B

WEEK 3: C+

WEEK 4: F

WEEK 5: B+

WEEK 6: B

16 for 26 - 202 yards - 62% accuracy - 2 TDS - 32 yards rushing - 2 point rushing conversion 

The tale of two halves. In the first half, as our defense got gashed, Josh Allen led the offense to 3 FGʻs and got booʻd off the field down 14-9 against maybe the worst football team the league has seen in the past 10 years. In the second half? Almost near perfection and 2 TDʻs and a bomb that would have made his career highlight reel. Josh did his thing as usual and got us the W.

The good: ZERO TURNOVERS

The bad: A few dropped balls by our WR, and a few sacks that should have been thrown away

The ugly: left some guys wide open and didnʻt make the right read

Overall it was not his best game, and yet not his worse. I think we need to keep in mind that as bad as Miami has been, this team came out to play today. Fitzmagic had them believing in the impossible and it didnt help that Las Vegas slapped us with a 17 point spread. Miami moved the ball on offense in that first half and gashed us with runs up the gut, and Fitzy gave his WR/TEʻs 50/50 balls that they came down with. When the dust settled our defense started making plays, and our offense found rhythm.

The most important stat? We are 5-1.

GO BILLS 

Edited by rayray808
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought he was good today. Hated the first half play calling, he really got in a groove in the second half. No big mistakes, no turnovers or near interceptions, had a few great throws, the JB td and the loft throw to Duke come to mind. Need to start hitting on some deep shots though.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

"Josh did his thing as usual and got us the W."

I don't care how he does it.  Just like I don't care how many sacks Ed Oliver has, as long as he keeps disrupting the offense.

Josh is a winner and we will keep winning as long as he's healthy.

I care a lot how he does it because it’s imperative that he’s a good QB.

• Thank you (+1) 2

B+

He needs to circunvent the mental block he has with go routes. He is either afraid of underthrowing his target or his adrenaline level prevents him from hitting the target in stride. 

Took care of the ball, had three FG drives and two fourth QTR Tds. He did his part.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

D and it’s only because we got the win. Countless receivers jumping, screaming wide open and he looked them off or never looked in that direction. I’m hoping he can work out his issues but it’s getting scary.

Do you honestly believe Allen is the only one to miss open receivers? JFC the mentality of some of you people is ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I find it difficult to grade a QB with a letter, but I will say I only remember 3 bad plays. The two missed deep balls to Brown and Roberts, and the play at the end of the 1st half where he ran around for a while instead of just hitting his hot route. Am I forgetting anything? The offense as a whole is missing players you can depend on. Brown is as close as that gets but he's not a true #1.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I care a lot how he does it because it’s imperative that he’s a good QB.

The definition of a good QB is winning games.  We would  not be 5-1 if he were not a good QB.

If he were a bad QB, he would get rattled by INTs and other missteps and the team would lose confidence.  That's only happened in one game this year - against the best (and most ruthless) team in the AFC.

Josh is a natural winner and he refuses to let early mistakes bring him down.  He warms up over time and performs his best under pressure late.  

We are on track to win a playoff spot and if this team continues to improve as the season progresses the Division is not out of the question.

Sounds like an A+ to me.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

B+ he had a 111.4 passer rating, didn't turn it over, had some good runs and avoided sacks. He and Brown were our best offensive players today.

Threw 2 TD and drove us down for 3 FG and ran in the 2pc and ran 32yds and found 8 different receivers

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Josh Allen is really starting to worry me. I am starting to question his overall intelligence. Making the same dumb mistakes over and over again why take a sack when you are well out of the pocket.  Throw it out of bounds for God's sakes he is two yards from the sidelines and he takes a sack

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Time after time, when the game is on the line, he marches the offense down the field and scores a touchdown to win the game.

That's enough for me.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 8