How to shorten the game

How many minutes would you like the quarters to be?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Shorter Quarters

• 10 minutes
    • 12 minutes
    • 15 minutes

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lots of people, here it on tv all the time

Leave vote while you're complaining

Wait, lol, you're the one complaining about the time of game, not me. I'm in the "grab another beer and make the quarters 20 minutes for all I care camp"

If they shortened the amount of minutes in a game, they’d probably keep the same broadcast time with additional commercials.

Never forget that the bottom line is 100% about making as much money as possible. Three hour games are already accepted by people watching. Shorter game times would just be offset by more revenue earning filler.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eanyills said:

If they shortened the amount of minutes in a game, they’d probably keep the same broadcast time with additional commercials.

Never forget that the bottom line is 100% about making as much money as possible. Three hour games are already accepted by people watching. Shorter game times would just be offset by more revenue earning filler.

Good Lord, dont say that !!

Why would anyone want to shorten NFL games? Baseball teams play 10 times as many games and basketball and hockey teams play nearly 100. We get just 16 games a year. That's less than a tenth of the baseball games and you want to cut down our game time even more? I don't get that at all.

Also, I couldn't care less about other games. My interest in the NFL begins and ends with the Bills.

Edited by GreggTX

Silly, you shorten the playing time, and the broadcasters will just have that much MORE airtime to sell to advertisers.

If you do not want to spend that much time in front of TV then watch "condensed" games on NFL Game Pass or Tivo.

One easy way to shorten them without varying the game would be to look at this idiotic waste of time the refs are responsible for.

Take a "challenge"  play.

Here's what happens:

1. Coach throws the challenge red flag. All the viewers know it. The stadium fans could read it on the scoreboard. Graphics are easy.

2. Ref walks over to the head coach to hear the challenge. 

3. Ref walks out to near center of the field to "announce" what everyone already knows.

4. Ref walks over to video booth to review the play. 

5. Ref makes decision and informs team.

6. Ref gain walks to near middle of the field to announce decision.

The entire process gives you time to eat dinner, complete a real estate deal and start a family.

The entire thing about having only the ref makes all these "announcements" is a gross waste of time.

Sweet got one person to vote for ten minutes. No that im in favor of it :D

On 10/21/2019 at 1:53 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

Who has the nads to tell him that if you shorten the game to watch more games those games would be shortened too and he wouldn't be able to see them?

see second poster 

the same way we watch extra games now, DVR, seriously people think for two seconds.