Who the heck is Grant Gordon???

SJDK

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I would agree he has had major trouble connecting on deep passes. No question. In 50 years of following football I have never heard of bombs being referred to as touch passes. Touch passes are always ones you take a little off to try to drop it into the receiver. Usually lobs or changing your normal direct throws. Usually short or over the shoulder types like the one to Duke where you loft it. 

I agree. Your definition is more commonly used. But I know I have also heard that you have to put touch on all passes. Touch in this sense basically meaning you need to know how much to put on a ball. More straight line to it or more lob to it. And this would include short, intermediate or deep passes. To me, this guy is strictly talking about the deep passes that were missed pretty badly. And we've seen Allen struggle a lot with these this year. I honestly can't think of one he has connected on this year but perhaps there is one I am forgetting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I agree. Your definition is more commonly used. But I know I have also heard that you have to put touch on all passes. Touch in this sense basically meaning you need to know how much to put on a ball. More straight line to it or more lob to it. And this would include short, intermediate or deep passes. To me, this guy is strictly talking about the deep passes that were missed pretty badly. And we've seen Allen struggle a lot with these this year. I honestly can't think of one he has connected on this year but perhaps there is one I am forgetting.

Yep. Although today he missed two deep ones pretty badly. One he threw with very little air underneath and the other where he did throw it high, more of a lob but he missed them both long by five yards. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That’s been one of my big knocks on Allen, is throwing “with touch” not necessarily “touch passes”. Look at Mahommes, they have nearly the same velocity at the combine, but he isn’t throwing nearly as many fast balls as Allen. He’s like Rick Vaughn our there sometimes. I think part of the problem is he is a little late with his reads, so has to chuck it in there to get it their on time. (Not just referring to deep passes)

12 hours ago, BuffaloBaxter said:

I just got done reading the article. I googled “who is Grant Gordon nfl” and this thread came up lol. Glad I’m not the only person who got ticked off when I read it. Yeah it took Josh a little time to knock off the bi-week rust but he was great the second half. I instantly lost all respect for Grant Gordon, I hope he doesn’t stick around. Just lazy reporting. I miss the other ATN guys from the podcast. 

Seriously, if you just came off a "bi-week" you might be a little confused about things too. As far as "knocking off a little rust" is that like a code phrase for something?