Who the heck is Grant Gordon???

SJDK

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

i would say that Fitz played with much more reckless abandon than Josh did.   Clueless writer wanting an easy story.  

Yeah, and that comment about how that style endeared him to Bills fans worked for Fitzy too.

Allen was ... controlled. A game manager who made a couple big plays. Exactly what we needed today!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What's innaccurate about that take today?    Allen's game IS unpredictable, which is the gist of what the guy is saying...

Oh I don't know, how about the "rarely accurate" part for starters? Should we even discuss "often missing by a mile" and "touchless"?

It's massive hyperbole at best, but flat out misrepresentation is more like it. What we have here is a guy that read "the rap" on Allen and decided it's what he'd write. It's lazy. 

But it's common enough now that I expect it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

consistency overall, that's all I'm asking, that sideline pass to Brown needed a little more touch and it's a big gain or a TD, hopefully he'll get there.

So one missed "touch" pass in a whole game, which arguably is not a touch pass but a normal straight pass means he needs to be "more consistent?" He was accurate on touch passes today. Deep passes he needs to hit at least one of two. He missed them both. That's legit criticism. The touch he showed today was one of his best qualities. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh is struggling on deep pass attempts this season, but he's fine as far as overall accuracy is concerned.  His receivers struggled with some drops on short and intermediate throws today, mostly in the first half.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Actually, he's not.

62% isn't that great anymore.  In fact, it would put him about 25th at the moment among active NFL quarterbacks.

9th, in adjusted accuracy, actually literally.

I just got done reading the article. I googled “who is Grant Gordon nfl” and this thread came up lol. Glad I’m not the only person who got ticked off when I read it. Yeah it took Josh a little time to knock off the bi-week rust but he was great the second half. I instantly lost all respect for Grant Gordon, I hope he doesn’t stick around. Just lazy reporting. I miss the other ATN guys from the podcast. 

4 hours ago, SJDK said:

1. “Sixty minutes of Josh Allen playing football is an adventure. With a rarely accurate rocket for an arm that could dial up an in-stride receiver as easily as an unsuspecting fan in the first row, Allen struggled early before leading a full-speed comeback that resulted in the Bills avoiding an embarrassing loss with a 31-21 victory over the winless Dolphins on Sunday. Buffalo, off to a 5-1 opening for the first time since 2008, scored on each of its first three drives, but they were all Stephen Hauschka field goals. Often missing by a mile with touchless throws, Allen continued to play the only way he seemingly knows how: rearing back and throwing his hardest, running with no fear and ultimately playing with reckless abandon. Two touchdowns, a two-point rush, 202 yards passing and a 111.4 QB rating stood as Allen's final tally. But it's the fearless way in which Allen plays that makes every outing an adventure and has made him a leader of a promising Buffalo team.”

-Grant Gordon NFL.com

Eat one Grant. Josh was 62% today with 2tds and no int’s!

I’m so sick of people not watching the games and making up some B.S. to fit their perception of “the narrative”. 

He’s about as accurate as anyone, sorry Grant Gordon... whoever the hell you are.

Yeah that’s a bit of an exaggeration, though he did miss Andre Roberts by a mile 

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yeah that’s a bit of an exaggeration, though he did miss Andre Roberts by a mile 

Very true but this really feels like the writer hasn’t watched any bills games this year let alone this one. It’s like he just vomited every criticism he’s heard for Josh Allen onto his computer

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Actually, he's not.

62% isn't that great anymore.  In fact, it would put him about 25th at the moment among active NFL quarterbacks.

Let’s just keep moving the bar

17 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He did

last I checked other qbs also miss throws

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Don’t get the hate on this.

Josh is hitting more receivers but still has difficulty with placement, and his touch is pretty bad. 

Josh had an overall terrible day today. That tweet had a little too much snark, but it didn’t sound too far off base from what I have seen out of him. 

You have an agenda. It's okay.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Josh is hitting more receivers but still has difficulty with placement, and his touch is pretty bad. 

Josh had an overall terrible day today. That tweet had a little too much snark, but it didn’t sound too far off base from what I have seen out of him. 

5-1

4 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

You have an agenda. It's okay.

I do? if you could enlighten me, that would be great!

I understand that JA is a work in progress. I also understand that we need him to be the answer or there is a good chance we hit the reset button on the franchise, even though I like what we are doing over all. 

That said, I don’t think the current version of JA is good enough for sustained success against good teams. We’ve played 2 games against teams with top half defenses (via DVOA). We are 1-1. The one win required 4 missed field goals and 2 TD’s called back. 

I have been critical of Josh because I don’t think he’s been good enough yet. Not because I want him to fail. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SJDK said:

1. “Sixty minutes of Josh Allen playing football is an adventure. With a rarely accurate rocket for an arm that could dial up an in-stride receiver as easily as an unsuspecting fan in the first row, Allen struggled early before leading a full-speed comeback that resulted in the Bills avoiding an embarrassing loss with a 31-21 victory over the winless Dolphins on Sunday. Buffalo, off to a 5-1 opening for the first time since 2008, scored on each of its first three drives, but they were all Stephen Hauschka field goals. Often missing by a mile with touchless throws, Allen continued to play the only way he seemingly knows how: rearing back and throwing his hardest, running with no fear and ultimately playing with reckless abandon. Two touchdowns, a two-point rush, 202 yards passing and a 111.4 QB rating stood as Allen's final tally. But it's the fearless way in which Allen plays that makes every outing an adventure and has made him a leader of a promising Buffalo team.”

-Grant Gordon NFL.com

Eat one Grant. Josh was 62% today with 2tds and no int’s!

I’m so sick of people not watching the games and making up some B.S. to fit their perception of “the narrative”. 

He’s about as accurate as anyone, sorry Grant Gordon... whoever the hell you are.

Thad Brown 's alias.

I'm one of the bigger Allen supporters you will find on this board and honestly I don't see anything wrong with what this guy said at all regarding Allen and the game he had today.

Josh Allen playing football absolutely is an adventure. To me that is another way of saying he is a gunslinger and then some. The then some being his ability to escape the grasp of monstrous D-lineman and break off back breaking runs. And we all know his "gun" has been off big time on his deep ball. Can't really think of one he has completed this season. But honestly, I couldn't careless. The guy is still a beast of a QB who is only getting better and learning more with each passing game. He's a franchise QB. Not without his flaws but here to stay. I wouldn't want Allen to play the game any differently then the way he does. 

8 hours ago, SJDK said:

Please pound this guys twitter. 

For what exactly? 

7 hours ago, Mango said:

You lost me at "Josh had an overall terrible day today". 

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

What's innaccurate about that take today?    Allen's game IS unpredictable, which is the gist of what the guy is saying...

Exactly. I see at least as many compliments of Allen as i do critiques. If not more. Allen doesn't fit nicely into the box of what a QB should be and I love that about him. He'll totally F games up like the first half of the Patriots game but then in other games and more often than not, he'll make the plays when they need to be made.

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm one of the bigger Allen supporters you will find on this board and honestly I don't see anything wrong with what this guy said at all regarding Allen and the game he had today.

Josh Allen playing football absolutely is an adventure. To me that is another way of saying he is a gunslinger and then some. The then some being his ability to escape the grasp of monstrous D-lineman and break off back breaking runs. And we all know his "gun" has been off big time on his deep ball. Can't really think of one he has completed this season. But honestly, I couldn't careless. The guy is still a beast of a QB who is only getting better and learning more with each passing game. He's a franchise QB. Not without his flaws but here to stay. I wouldn't want Allen to play the game any differently then the way he does. 

For what exactly? 

I wouldn’t want it differently either. I think the guys criticism was way over the top. His smooth over job at the end didn’t approach the level of the exaggerated criticisms in my opinion. I’ve said it a lot and I’ll say it again; “Josh Allen’s positives out way his negatives by a lot”. The guys write up just stinks of “I have to make my deadline/didn’t watch the game”.

Edited by SJDK

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The only two touch passes he threw were right on the money.  One to McKenzie and the one you mentioned. Deep balls are never touch passes. Maybe three for three if you count a screen to Gore he had to change his motion and throw sidearm. Not sure what you are talking about. 

I think this is just an argument of semantics. We can call it or define it whatever we want put it's clear, to me anyway, that the critique is towards Allen's inability to complete and in many cases even come close to connecting on deep passes. 

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think this is just an argument of semantics. We can call it or define it whatever we want put it's clear, to me anyway, that the critique is towards Allen's inability to complete and in many cases even come close to connecting on deep passes. 

I would agree he has had major trouble connecting on deep passes. No question. In 50 years of following football I have never heard of bombs being referred to as touch passes. Touch passes are always ones you take a little off to try to drop it into the receiver. Usually lobs or changing your normal direct throws. Usually short or over the shoulder types like the one to Duke where you loft it.