Who the heck is Grant Gordon???

SJDK

The couple times he attempted "touch throws" they were fantastic. I can only remember two, the loft to McKenzie near the goal line that was great and the touch throw to Duke where Duke got hurt which was a great throw. Can't recall any other "touch" throws. 

He does need to be better on the deep ones. Missed two out of two open receivers. He needs to hit at least one of those. One he didn't put enough loft on and one he did but was still way too long. 

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Actually, he's not.

62% isn't that great anymore.  In fact, it would put him about 25th at the moment among active NFL quarterbacks.

I’ll take his wins and 62% vs whoever has a better completion percentage then. How about that Nextmanup?  I’ll wait for your annoying response...

What a shock: person posts generalization about Josh Allen without having watched him.

This has been the case with Allen since, oh, December of 2017.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Pretty accurate assessment...

I'd say it's about 56% accurate.

But if the author can get that up to over 60% he might not be a bust.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

What a shock: person posts generalization about Josh Allen without having watched him.

This has been the case with Allen since, oh, December of 2017.

What's innaccurate about that take today?    Allen's game IS unpredictable, which is the gist of what the guy is saying...

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

Don’t get the hate on this.

Josh is hitting more receivers but still has difficulty with placement, and his touch is pretty bad. 

Josh had an overall terrible day today. That tweet had a little too much snark, but it didn’t sound too far off base from what I have seen out of him. 

Sure thing dude, 111 qbr sucks

Just now, Lurker said:

What's innaccurate about that take today?    Allen's game IS unpredictable, which is the gist of what the guy is saying...

IDK about that. I can predict wins

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And games with him ARE an adventure. He is not a typical NFL Quarterback. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SJDK said:

IIRC, Allen was 6 of 15 for 90 yards in the first half.      I doubt his QBR was anything to write home about over those 30 minutes.

The whole point of that NFL.com post is that Allen is inconsistent, but comes up big at the end.    Same thing this board says all the time...

Edited by Lurker
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Terrible day?  Please elaborate.

9 minutes ago, SJDK said:

IDK about that. I can predict wins

There is some hyperbole in my post. He was terrible in the first half. While completion percentage was good. I’m less than impressed with a QB who throws for about 100 yards in the second half, playing from behind. Let’s not forget, this Dolphins team is trending towards being one of the worst team in football history.  Like I said, I think Josh has both poor ball placement and touch and that was on display today. 

JA was barely good enough today. Tre and Hyde bailed us out today on what very easily could have been a close loss to a very bad football team. 

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

IIRC, Allen was something like 4 of 10 for 90 yards in the first half.      I doubt his QBR was anything to write home about over those 30 minutes.

The whole point of that NFL.com post is that Allen is inconsistent, but comes up big at the end.    Same thing this board says all the time...

He consistently wins Lurker. What was his QBR in the second half? The guy missed a couple deep passes, and a couple drops were made. He’s the best QB we’ve had in many years. My point is that he is consistent and he is in his second year. Completion percentage, red zone TD percentage up with rushing attempts and yards rushing... both down. If you can’t handle a few mistakes by a second year QB who has us at 5-1 and who has vastly improved his play then how are you a bills fan. Don’t you remember the pain we’ve all had to endure?? SMDH

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

There is some hyperbole in my post. He was terrible in the first half. While completion percentage was good. I’m less than impressed with a QB who throws for about 100 yards in the second half, playing from behind. Let’s not forget, this Dolphins team is trending towards being one of the worst team in football history.  Like I said, I think Josh has both poor ball placement and touch and that was on display today. 

JA was barely good enough today. Tre and Hyde bailed us out today on what very easily could have been a close loss to a very bad football team. 

I think you meant to say the defense was barely good enough today. Josh Allen wasn’t the one who couldn’t stop the great Fitzmagic

Edited by SJDK
Fix

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Actually, he's not.

62% isn't that great anymore.  In fact, it would put him about 25th at the moment among active NFL quarterbacks.

The number is skewed by drops. Beasley  had two and Knox 1 that were beyond catch-able. The touch on the deep ball is a whole other story...

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The number is skewed by drops. Beasley  had two and Knox 1 that were beyond catch-able. The touch on the deep ball is a whole other story...

He needs to get more consistent with touch passes, no doubt. He had a beautiful pass to Duke to day where he showed plenty touch, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Fixxxer said:

He needs to get more consistent with touch passes, no doubt. He had a beautiful pass to Duke to day where he showed plenty touch, though.

Yup. Watching Aaron Rodgers makes me think of what Allen could be, but Rodgers touch is super-human. 

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

The only two touch passes he threw were right on the money.  One to McKenzie and the one you mentioned. Deep balls are never touch passes. Maybe three for three if you count a screen to Gore he had to change his motion and throw sidearm. Not sure what you are talking about. 

5 minutes ago, SJDK said:

He consistently wins Lurker. What was his QBR in the second half? The guy missed a couple deep passes, and a couple drops were made. He’s the best QB we’ve had in many years. My point is that he is consistent and he is in his second year. Completion percentage, red zone TD percentage with rushing attempts and yards rushing... all down. If you can’t handle a few mistakes by a second year QB who has us at 5-1 and vastly who has vastly improved his play then how are you a bills fan. Don’t you remember the pain we’ve all had to endure?? SMDH

I think you meant to say the defense was barely good enough today. Josh Allen wasn’t the one who couldn’t stop the great Fitzmagic

Anytime a defense holds a team under 20 points and gives your offense 2 additional possessions, you should win the game. 

BUF is 0-6 or 1-5 with an average defense like HOU or SEA.

This is stupid. Bills won, I don’t think our QB played well enough today and sort of agree with some guy on Twitter. Now suddenly you’re arguing whether the defense is good enough....

I am bowing out of this

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The only two touch passes he threw were right on the money.  One to McKenzie and the one you mentioned. Deep balls are never touch passes. Maybe three for three if you count a screen to Gore he had to change his motion and throw sidearm. Not sure what you are talking about. 

consistency overall, that's all I'm asking, that sideline pass to Brown needed a little more touch and it's a big gain or a TD, hopefully he'll get there.

• Like (+1) 1