Cole Beasley with the line of the day

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just needs to reduce the "black powder" a bit from the cannon for the long ball.......sees an opening and his adrenaline goes into "over drive"........it will com with maturation as has his shorter game....quite an improvement to date IMO.....

I don't know if anyone has told Allen yet, but we have things like laser sighting these days! lol!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just needs to reduce the "black powder" a bit from the cannon for the long ball.......sees an opening and his adrenaline goes into "over drive"........it will com with maturation as has his shorter game....quite an improvement to date IMO.....

Allen mentioned in his press availability this week that he thought the ball for Andre had a shot when he let it go but that the wind took it.  I imagine the wind in New Era takes some practice to adjust

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Allen mentioned in his press availability this week that he thought the ball for Andre had a shot when he let it go but that the wind took it.  I imagine the wind in New Era takes some practice to adjust

...uh oh Hap...don the kevlar for the "excuse attackers".......:D

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Have you seen his deep misses in person?  Because I have, and my impression is the opposite, he's not putting enough air under his deep throws.

I’ve seen both.  I think the bottom line is that after he changed his mechanics and got new WR, he needs practice in different conditions to dial it in, and I don’t think it’s a focus getting much reps in practice from Daboll right now.  He and Daboll just seem completely non-stressed about it right now so one assumes they have a plan.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’ve seen both.  I think the bottom line is that after he changed his mechanics and got new WR, he needs practice in different conditions to dial it in, and I don’t think it’s a focus getting much reps from Daboll right now.

..damn good point......and inexcusable if you're trying to develop the kid as your long term franchise QB.......loathe this gimmick and gadgetry stuff........football ain't cutesy....

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OMG that would be too funny!  Install a little hidden laser inside Allen’s helmet that could key in like the Bionic Man - anyone else remember that show?

I would love it! Just for awhile like laser training wheels until he homes in. Lol! Problem is, It would make me feel dirty...kind of like Belicheck! lol!

Edited by Rocket94

11 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I would love it! Just for awhile like laser training wheels until he homes in. Lol! Problem is, It would make me feel dirty...kind of like Belicheck! lol!

I think the idea is hysterically funny, but the truth is, when I shoot with a laser sight By Damn am I ever accurate - but it seems to impair, not help, my accuracy when I try to do without it.  I don’t think it’s good “training wheels”.  Sorry for the digression into firearms though.  

If Daboll and Allen are so durn relaxed about it, I ‘spec they either have a plan, or they know something we don’t.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the idea is hysterically funny, but the truth is, when I shoot with a laser sight By Damn am I ever accurate - but it seems to impair, not help, my accuracy when I try to do without it.  I don’t think it’s good “training wheels”.  Sorry for the digression into firearms though.  

If Daboll and Allen are so durn relaxed about it, I ‘spec they either have a plan, or they know something we don’t.

Good point. Whatever it is and if it...it is time to flash it soon. I love this defense, but I hope they can hold until the offense catches up. The true test of this team is in the coming weeks.

3 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

He needs some shopping cart training. Have a guy push a shopping cart while running and have JA put in the basket. Keep doing it until he gets it in the basket most of the time.

I don’t think that’s what’s needed.  The problem is when you have different wind and ground conditions (not to mention perhaps the defender) affecting the speed of your wideout and the behavior of the ball in the air.  If I recall correctly, QB who play in domes have a higher % completion of deep balls and the lack of wind and relatively constant weather would be two reasons why.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think that’s what’s needed.  The problem is when you have different wind and ground conditions (not to mention perhaps the defender) affecting the speed of your wideout and the behavior of the ball in the air.  If I recall correctly, QB who play in domes have a higher % completion of deep balls and the lack of wind and relatively constant weather would be two reasons why.

lets at least start with Foster running full speed with shopping cart lol

On 10/21/2019 at 2:24 AM, Gray Beard said:

It must be tough to throw the deep ball during a game with the adrenaline going.  

In practice he can relax and throw with the right amount of strength behind it.  

Isn''t that all muscle memory irrespective of the situation?

On 10/20/2019 at 4:59 PM, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, he's like Robocop when his aiming is off. He needs to stack a few jars of baby food up and start slinging the pigskin at them

Best movie reference I've ever seen on here, by far!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Isn''t that all muscle memory irrespective of the situation?

I think it should be muscle memory, but Josh seems so amped up in the first part of the game that I wonder if adrenaline is causing him to throw too hard.  He seems to settle down after the first quarter or so. 

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is interesting to note that much was made of finding a QB who had the arm to keep those deep shots more on a rope because of the wind conditions at our stadium. Too much arc and it catches the wind and it is either going to flutter and die..... aka an INT, or it will catch a tail wind and float long.

I did not think about that as a factor, but it is. 

I just figured he either did not have his timing down with Roberts who is not regularly in at WR.

Or...my other simple theory

He sees cover 0, gets an adrenaline rush, and fires the football like an RPG 10 yards too deep on a 65 yard route. If that's the case then Allen just needs seasoning and more time behind center to settle down a bit. He is uber-competitive so this may just take some time.

Not overly concerned; everything else folks said Allen would never be able to do, he has not only done but has gotten more consistent doing. I think he will work this out too.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2

On 10/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

Have you seen his deep misses in person?  Because I have, and my impression is the opposite, he's not putting enough air under his deep throws.

We can differ on this topic