Cole Beasley with the line of the day

YoloinOhio

On 10/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Allen's deep throws are like unguided missiles.  One has no idea where exactly they'll land.

as long as they land beyond the defender, i say keep working on it. not like  he throws them short for ints

Edited by 3rdand12

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, I guess that is correct in the first half but he led three scoring drives and didn’t turn the ball over, which is progress.

I keep saying more than almost anyone I have seen he is a guy who needs to be in rhythm.... week after the bye and then that strange first drive where lots was going on it just seemed to take him until after HT to get going. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thought it was a game of 2 halves. Did not think he played well at all in the first half. Thought he was excellent 2nd half. I still think the Giants game is the closest we have got to a 4 Quarter performance from him. But when he is good he is like top 10 NFL Quarterback good. And it just makes him to confusing to work out!

The problem with him is consistency.

Consistency is supposed to be the mark of the professional.

His ceiling will always be too low if he can't be relied on to deliver 4 quarters of quality football, b/c eventually our opponent will have a QB who can.

34 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Allen went from relying too much on the deep stuff last year to not being able to throw it deep at all. So weird.

Honestly the WR should just run a 50 yard crossing route and he should drill it in there.... I’m not joking either

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Allen went from relying too much on the deep stuff last year to not being able to throw it deep at all. So weird.

Maybe he needs to get back to the crap mechanics so he's not throwing it as far?

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think his issue with the short range stuff was not knowing how to take enough off the ball and footwork. He has improved the footwork and touch but now he seems to need to recalibrate his touch on the longer passes. I think he figures it out. 

Right here.

On 10/20/2019 at 4:52 PM, Nitro said:

It looks, to me, that he has changed his throw.  Now he puts it up higher.  I assume to give the WR time to see it and run under it.  

Have you seen his deep misses in person?  Because I have, and my impression is the opposite, he's not putting enough air under his deep throws.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/20/2019 at 5:15 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

Go route has touch to it. Cross can be a hard dart into tight window. Diff throw

This is not really true...

Aaron Rodgers, who is the best deep ball thrower in the NFL, tries to throw it the same distance every time.  He focuses on mechanics and side.  The rest is all timing.  

On 10/20/2019 at 4:58 PM, GunnerBill said:

Thought it was a game of 2 halves. Did not think he played well at all in the first half. Thought he was excellent 2nd half. I still think the Giants game is the closest we have got to a 4 Quarter performance from him. But when he is good he is like top 10 NFL Quarterback good. And it just makes him to confusing to work out!

Week 17 vs the fish was his best game hands down.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:20 AM, Nextmanup said:

The problem with him is consistency.

Consistency is supposed to be the mark of the professional.

His ceiling will always be too low if he can't be relied on to deliver 4 quarters of quality football, b/c eventually our opponent will have a QB who can.

At least that's not a problem with your posts. You repeat this over and over again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 10/20/2019 at 4:29 PM, Ralonzo said:

Maybe he needs to get back to the crap mechanics so he's not throwing it as far?

Negative.  For the long term success of a QB it’s much more important to be  able to “hit the bunnies” for long term success.

They’re focused on that stuff in their limited practice reps is all.  Once they’re comfortable with the timing on the shorter stuff they’ll give it more reps and it’ll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1