Cole Beasley with the line of the day

YoloinOhio

Just now, Bangarang said:

Allen went from relying too much on the deep stuff last year to not being able to throw it deep at all. So weird.

I think his issue with the short range stuff was not knowing how to take enough off the ball and footwork. He has improved the footwork and touch but now he seems to need to recalibrate his touch on the longer passes. I think he figures it out. 

• Like (+1) 9

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I think his issue with the short range stuff was not knowing how to take enough off the ball and footwork. He has improved the footwork and touch but now he seems to need to recalibrate his touch on the longer passes. I think he figures it out. 

I agree.

His short and intermediate range passes look so much better this year thus far which is huge. Once the deep stuff comes around again for him look out. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Allen went from relying too much on the deep stuff last year to not being able to throw it deep at all. So weird.

It looks, to me, that he has changed his throw.  Now he puts it up higher.  I assume to give the WR time to see it and run under it.  

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I agree.

His short and intermediate range passes look so much better this year thus far which is huge. Once the deep stuff comes around again for him look 

Definitely a work in progress but he has the tools to find the balance. I also think he is being coached up to avoid turnovers and on deep balls putting some extra on it is a good way to do so. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, eball said:

He needs to figure it out, because despite that being an overall ugly game Josh played pretty well except for the deep shots.

Thought it was a game of 2 halves. Did not think he played well at all in the first half. Thought he was excellent 2nd half. I still think the Giants game is the closest we have got to a 4 Quarter performance from him. But when he is good he is like top 10 NFL Quarterback good. And it just makes him to confusing to work out!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

OR...

They have been so focused on working on the short range throws, he has not practiced many loooong passes yet this season.

Edited by cd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Meh, He is either missing his spot or not knowing where his receiver is going to be when the ball comes down. One is execution and the other could be familiarity. Still not worried.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thought it was a game of 2 halves. Did not think he played well at all in the first half. Thought he was excellent 2nd half. I still think the Giants game is the closest we have got to a 4 Quarter performance from him. But when he is good he is like top 10 NFL Quarterback good. And it just makes him to confusing to work out!

Yeah, I guess that is correct in the first half but he led three scoring drives and didn’t turn the ball over, which is progress.

21 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

WRs need to run faster

obviously

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1