Dawson Knox killing his own legend.

ChicagoRic

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Don't go on a tangent. I am only talking about the Bills roster

ok so Penalties you know Lee Smith has more right?

so Knox has a better Catch% than Sweeney and less Penalties than Smith. And people are trying to say these two are better options at TE than Knox lol

Edited by MAJBobby

He seems to catch the impossible ones but drops the easy ones. But it's to be expected from a rookie. Especially a 4th rounded that had little production in college. The hope with him is potential and eventually he can be the next Kittle. He has already exceeded rookie year expectations

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

how much TE has he been playing in football?  How many Looks did he have in Ole Miss?  Did people forget the draft takes on him that he is extremely raw but has a top end Skill Set

i thought the knock was he was a good blocker and super athletic but wasnt given a chance at recieving because they dont use alot of te as recievers in that program. 

i get he is raw but what gets me about alot of players is fundamental football trait is catching a ball. you do it day one in the park playing with your friends. these guys have been practicing eating drinking football most thier lives so catching a ball should be automatic. maybe not when a guy is draped all over you or if a ball is in a awkward position where you have to make a crazy adjustment...but in your chest looking it in with both hands!? 

this isnt a direct knock on dawson at all! but week in week out, corner backs especially, its like thier first time trying to catch this wierd oblong object they never seen before. to the point where it goes through thier hands and hits em in the face!? i dunno may be pressure from the situation but is pretty incredable to watch sometimes. the greenbay recievers last week for example lol

18 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

definetly needs alot more reps on the jugs machine. people are saying rookie, but rookies shouldnt need time to develope catching a ball thats right in thier hands..running routes, picking up blocking assignments dumb penalties rookies should learn. getting two hands on a well thrown ball and making a catch, not so much. guy is really doing a good job at the other stuff you think hed struggle with so far.

im just hoping they didnt use him as a wr in college because he just wasnt reliable making the catches? maybe somone who watched his career can chime in.

He had 39 career receptions. Only 15 in his final year.  Not much to watch.

4 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i thought the knock was he was a good blocker and super athletic but wasnt given a chance at recieving because they dont use alot of te as recievers in that program. 

i get he is raw but what gets me about alot of players is fundamental football trait is catching a ball. you do it day one in the park playing with your friends. these guys have been practicing eating drinking football most thier lives so catching a ball should be automatic. maybe not when a guy is draped all over you or if a ball is in a awkward position where you have to make a crazy adjustment...but in your chest looking it in with both hands!? 

this isnt a direct knock on dawson at all! but week in week out, corner backs especially, its like thier first time trying to catch this wierd oblong object they never seen before. to the point where it goes through thier hands and hits em in the face!? i dunno may be pressure from the situation but is pretty incredable to watch sometimes. the greenbay recievers last week for example lol

he was a QB in HS. Walked on to Ole Miss as a TE. He was used very limited at Ole Miss and this is his 4th year playing the position and is playing fine in his Rookie year. Oooo not to mention when was he picked again?  

1 hour ago, MDH said:

Not sure  what being a rookie has to do with dropping balls that hit you right in the hands.

I am with MDH here. Sorry, but Knox has had too many drive-killing drops and he needs to clean that **** up.

I was a bit nervous about his hands and juggled balls when he was drafted although he checks all the other boxes. REALLY hoping he finds more consistency there because if he can't there is not a lot of reason to try to scheme him open for those plays.

Regarding the penalty - meh, hands were inside and the defender was flailing about like a rag doll so of course there has to be a flag. I think many underestimate how damn hard it is for TEs in regards to seal blocking assignments. Trying to execute a reach-block on edge guys with NFL talent is crazy hard and refs always seem to call those whether they are real holds or phantom. Give the kid a pass all day long on that penalty

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s always great when over-reaction Monday comes a day early! 

Enjoy the win, people.  ?

Well, we do have 2 weeks of pent up over-reaction to get out of our collective systems.

We are 5-1 and Singletary played and Josh did not turn the ball over. All good things.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes, without a second thought I would take Kelce over Knox. 

38/541/1 with 5 drops on 57 targets

or

12/178/1 with 4 drops on 23 targets

Tough decision....

11 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Yes, without a second thought I would take Kelce over Knox. 

38/541/1 with 5 drops on 57 targets

or

12/178/1 with 4 drops on 23 targets

Tough decision....

Kelce is, of course, a way better player. There is no discussion. But the assorted "drops" stats by websites is a stupid stat. 

10 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Don't go on a tangent. I am only talking about the Bills roster

The most complete TE on the roster is Kroft. He hasn’t been healthy and today was his first game back. IF Kroft can stay healthy I think he will be the one getting that deep seam route Knox dropped today. Knox has the most raw talent on the roster. Knox will be a good one, just needs to develop. Smith is what he is. Great blocker who if you forget about can make a catch. Smith is also a locker room guy and process guy. Sweeney is odd man out for now till someone gets hurt again or he can beat out one of the Vets.