Dawson Knox killing his own legend.

ChicagoRic

33 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

I just wish we had players, other than Duke, that made catches like Gesicki did today .

did you see what Gesicki did in his Rookie year by chance?

22 rec 202 yards 0 TDs

Knox 6 games into his Rookie year 

10 Rec 156 yards 1 TD

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

22 rec 202 yards 0 TDs

10 Rec 156 yards 1 TD

TBH, I had no idea who he was until today.

Thanks for the info.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoRic said:

Too many drops, too many penalties.  Not a good game for him and it's starting to be trend.  An easy TD and his big run are starting to be overshadowed by his mental mistakes.  

Guy’s got like 12 catches vs 5 drops. He aint **** yet. He’s a rookie though let’s pump the brakes and see if he works it out

I don’t care what Knox did today. Obviously not his best performance. I care about what he does in the future. Kid has the correct tools to be the next wave of great tight ends like Ertz. After Kroft, then the smith signing and how well Sweeney has played  I didn’t expect Knox to see much playing time so he’s already ahead of the curve on my timeline. Got to put the good plays, and bad plays on tape for the coaches to nitpick and get better in practice. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Knox wasn't a pass catcher in college.  None of this should surprise.  Maybe he'll get more touches to figure it out.

definetly needs alot more reps on the jugs machine. people are saying rookie, but rookies shouldnt need time to develope catching a ball thats right in thier hands..running routes, picking up blocking assignments dumb penalties rookies should learn. getting two hands on a well thrown ball and making a catch, not so much. guy is really doing a good job at the other stuff you think hed struggle with so far.

im just hoping they didnt use him as a wr in college because he just wasnt reliable making the catches? maybe somone who watched his career can chime in.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

How did Kroft play?  Yeah that’s what I thought Knox is and will remain the best TE in this roster. 

What measure are you using? As of now, he is unreliable. It's way too early to tell if the problem with drops is chronic but he can't be called the best until he proves it consistently. I think Lee Smith and Sweeny look somewhat better. 

Bottom line, we don't have a reliable TE even now. 

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

definetly needs alot more reps on the jugs machine. people are saying rookie, but rookies shouldnt need time to develope catching a ball thats right in thier hands..running routes, picking up blocking assignments dumb penalties rookies should learn. getting two hands on a well thrown ball and making a catch, not so much. guy is really doing a good job at the other stuff you think hed struggle with so far.

im just hoping they didnt use him as a wr in college because he just wasnt reliable making the catches? maybe somone who watched his career can chime in.

how much TE has he been playing in football?  How many Looks did he have in Ole Miss?  Did people forget the draft takes on him that he is extremely raw but has a top end Skill Set

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

What measure are you using? As of now, he is unreliable. It's way too early to tell if the problem with drops is chronic but he can't be called the best until he proves it consistently. I think Lee Smith and Sweeny look somewhat better. 

Bottom line, we don't have a reliable TE even now. 

so Sweeney and his 3 catches on 8 targets for 38 yards makes him look better?

Knox has had numerous drops as well as numerous significant plays. The replay clearly showed that he knew he was wide open and was attempting to make a bigger play before he secured the ball. That should be eliminated with experience. The penalty was somewhat of a weak call but he has had more than his share of penalties and drops in these six games. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Because rookies do that

No, SIX games into his rookie year, after making super impressive play in the first five, he’s doomed because he had a rough day, a few bad plays. For all we know, 90% of his snaps were very positive, but he had some blatant fails. 

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

22 rec 202 yards 0 TDs

10 Rec 156 yards 1 TD

Hey! Knock if off. People need a b*tch to slap, and Knox is the perfect foil!

What's the sense of everyone lifting up a player if we don't get to drop him from that height because of a couple of plays?