Tre white WILL get the call...

Hebert19

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Part of that is being a young guy who doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Part of that is being on a bad team that doesn't get calls. 

Part of that is now being an established guy who gets the benefit of the doubt. 

Part of that is now being on the Pats who not only get good team calls but Pats calls. 

Part of that was that he also played against the pats twice a year.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am not arguing with any of you but do you guys really watch other teams with great CBs that much that you are confident to say this?

If yes, could you please name top 10 for instance and looking at that list confirm that you think that Tre is better than any of them?

To answer your question, I honestly do watch other NFL games every week,  but I don’t focus on corners 100 percent . So I do say my opinion a little bit loosely.

Basing it mostly off watching Tre, and experts opinions who do watch other corners more closely than I do 

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Gilmore was a physical corner.. he shied  away from contact for a few games after breaking his wrist AND PLAYING. From his rookie year he laid the wood on some RBs

He was far from soft and I always called him an all pro while here.. every scouting report of Gilmore is littered with how physical he is

The one thing that Tre had to show he could do in the NFL is stop the run because he WASN'T PHYSICAL at LSU.  He could cover all day but not tackle consistently,  he has seemed to correct that

Gilmore from SC through his whole NFL career is the exact opposite of a soft corner

He hurt Eddie Lacy on a collision before that knocked him out as well..  250 Eddie Lacy..  that might make you think twice

Physical sure, he’s not shy about battling it out w/his man...I’m more talking about his off ball game. Average tackler, won’t hold point of attack well, just not a real strong base in run support/off ball imo. 

He still isn’t really interested in anything other than covering his man, even now w/Patriots...he still gets arm blocked downfield. But in coverage the guy does that very well and always has. I said his game is more finesse, I certainly wouldn’t call him soft as he is a top db no doubt.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Physical sure, he’s not shy about battling it out w/his man...I’m more talking about his off ball game. Average tackler, won’t hold point of attack well, just not a real strong base in run support/off ball imo. 

He still isn’t really interested in anything other than covering his man, even now w/Patriots...he still gets arm blocked downfield. But in coverage the guy does that very well and always has. I said his game is more finesse, I certainly wouldn’t call him soft as he is a top db no doubt.

Run support is the equivalent of blocking for a WR. It's extremely important to the game and coaches and the outcome, just not to stats and fans. There are tons of allegedly great CBs who are not great in run support. And it should be a huge factor. Tre is excellent. 

Gilmore was not great but not horrible either. It used to make me laugh, however, when fans would say he was a ***** or afraid of contact or getting hurt when he would come flying up and try to bury his shoulder into the runner instead of wrapping his arms around him. Sometimes the runner would just bounce off him and continue running, but it's the opposite of trying not to get hurt or being a *****. Chances are much greater you get hurt doing that than just tackling. It was just dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think lofton mentioned, right when the pick happened, that it was the first time they actually tested white. 

He single handedly changed the whole flow of the game..... twice 

He has ice in his veins. Big Time CB.. 

His rookie year he iced the game @ATL and had a huge FF vs TB and iced the game vs KC last year. Special player. Great teammate as well

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Yes, but they are winning.

Oh I'll take a win over the alternative.. but good god. Can we just have ONE game like the Patriots where we go up 24 points early and it's never even in doubt?

I'm all good with winning no matter how it comes, but the stress level was a bit high today.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Gilmore was a physical corner.. he shied  away from contact for a few games after breaking his wrist AND PLAYING. From his rookie year he laid the wood on some RBs

He was far from soft and I always called him an all pro while here.. every scouting report of Gilmore is littered with how physical he is

The one thing that Tre had to show he could do in the NFL is stop the run because he WASN'T PHYSICAL at LSU.  He could cover all day but not tackle consistently,  he has seemed to correct that

Gilmore from SC through his whole NFL career is the exact opposite of a soft corner

He hurt Eddie Lacy on a collision before that knocked him out as well..  250 Eddie Lacy..  that might make you think twice

I think the narrative comes from Gilmore seemingly not going all out in his contract year coupled with a few performance mishaps under the foot fondler. 

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

Oh I'll take a win over the alternative.. but good god. Can we just have ONE game like the Patriots where we go up 24 points early and it's never even in doubt?

I'm all good with winning no matter how it comes, but the stress level was a bit high today.

Point taken, I want that too.

I believe that games like that will happen for the Bills. This team still has more to learn, and rough games like this will happen, and winning is a lot better than losing.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Jalen Ramsey got the call

Ramsey? Julio got 4 catches for 69 yards on him yesterday and was basically just outrunning him. I figured it would have been Peters since he had the pick-6 on Wilson and the Ravens won the game. I guess they have to keep that LA hype-machine going somehow. You know, beating a crappy Atlanta team carries so much more weight than a 5-1 team on the road where you make a big play. :rolleyes:

Edited by H2o

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

Ramsey? Julio got 4 catches for 69 yards on him yesterday and was basically just outrunning him. I figured it would have been Peters since he had the pick-6 on Wilson and the Ravens won the game. I guess they have to keep that LA hype-machine going somehow. You know, beating a crappy Atlanta team carries so much more weight than a 5-1 team on the road where you make a big play. :rolleyes:

Yeah but Deion wanted to find out who his doctor was cause he has an MRI coming up....he asked him how he recovered so fast from a bad back and they were laughing it up...Ramsey said his doctor has those hot hands like Mr. Miyagi...

Obvious Ramsey was faking injuries to be traded