Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love it.  Fritz does not go into locker room pissy like the GOAT Cheater.  From reports he played a very good game and as I hoped gave the Bills enough competition so it did not seems like a preseason game.  Hyde coming over to say hello just shows he is good sport too about Fitz going thru him for TD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

They need another WR if Duke is injured...

Might have to trade for one..

If he's seriously out the IR and here comes McCloud until they can trade for someone better. If he's just out for a bit then maybe he's swapping his active spot with Foster.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

I don't think they were unprepared for Fitz. The problem with Fitz is that he is willing to throw into tight windows and/or throw it up and trust his guy can go up and get it (Gesicki made some, uh, Ge-sick catches today). He is a competitor and a leader. He has a lot of traits that the best QBs have. Sometimes he is just going to beat you. 

He has plenty of bad games, but we know he is capable of really good football. He put forth a good effort today. 

I was, however, frustrated with the chunk plays on the ground and the missed sacks. That was sloppy D and you have to make those plays to force the bad Fitz to come out.

The Defense could not get off the field.  They will face other QBs better than Fitz willing to throw into tight windows, who are competitors and leaders.

Did anyone feel that the D was poised to give up it's worst performance to the Fins today?  I didn't.  I figured it would be the O with its usual struggles to score TDs

The TV broadcast of the game was TERRIBLE. They love to fill the screen with somebody’s face, and they don’t return to the full lineup view until the ball is snapped.

I don’t need to see a player be mad or happy about a play. I don’t need to see a coach stare at his play sheet.  

Show me the team on the field.  I want to see the formation, the substitutions, the shifts and motions, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eric Wood was saying the same thing on the broadcast as he was running it in. That “aww shucks good guy conservative crap” has got to stop. You step on their throats just as Belichick would. Get so sick of having to be great sports. Miami wasn’t stopping. Why should we? 

Edited by TheProcess

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Defense could not get off the field.  They will face other QBs better than Fitz willing to throw into tight windows, who are competitors and leaders.

Did anyone feel that the D was poised to give up it's worst performance to the Fins today?  I didn't.  I figured it would be the O with its usual struggles to score TDs

They were definitely sloppy, but it starts with tackling. Fitz, like any decent QB, is going to make some throws. We were just sloppy. I'm just saying I don't think they were unprepared specifically for Fitz. They were just unprepared.

Quick thoughts....

Any win is better than a lost but expected a better overall performance.

Bills have yet to play a complete game. Far too inconsistent 

Playcalling is a head scratcher at times

Expected to see much more of Singletary today

Zero pass rush today. Need much more from the Dline

Edmunds struggled along with Levi Wallace

JA with the exception of the deep ball played well. 2TDS no turnovers

Solid special teams

Tre White, Haluscha with my gameball

Daboll and Frazier need much better gameplans against the Eagles

End of day 5-1 makes everything better. 6-1 would be a nice statement win!

Lets Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Eric Wood was saying the same thing on the broadcast as he was running it in. That “aww shucks good guy crap” has got to stop. You step on their throats just as Belichick would. Get so sick of having to be great sports. Miami wasn’t stopping. Why should we? 

Well, theoretically the Dolphins get the ball back and can engineer some sort of miracle drive and succeed with the onside kick the next time. Going down gives you a guaranteed win then and there.

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Eric Wood was saying the same thing on the broadcast as he was running it in. That “aww shucks good guy crap” has got to stop. You step on their throats just as Belichick would. Get so sick of having to be great sports. Miami wasn’t stopping. Why should we? 

Was he thinking about sportsmanship or about letting the offense take a knee and not have any more plays run in the game? Every play is an injury risk. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well....Rosen isn't the starting QB.  It's not a valid point.  They knew they were playing Fitz.

The Fins scored more points against this D than any other team this season.

the D was atrocious today, sans the turnovers. The run D was non-existant, they neutralized Edmunds all game. I have to assume the D thought this was a walk in the park and didn't bring their A game, that's unacceptable

• Like (+1) 2