Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

so far my analogy of the buffalo bills offense goes as follows.

its like when you do something totally stupid and to not die you have to go through hell.  In the end your overjoyed your still alive but depressed you went through hell

over something so stupid in the first place.  

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

UGLY win.

Only feels ugly because the Dolphins have played so badly before today. Today they played their best football on O by far, and their D was not really that good...but good enough to force 3FGs when the Bills got to the 20. 

Every team loves playing for Fitz--that might be their best shot this season coming off the near win alst week under Fitz and starting to almost believe.

The only thing I'm concerned about after today is the Bills interior defensive line, which got gashed quite a few times and their pass rush vs a quick release QB.

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

Great win but Allen's long accuracy was scary 

Over 62%

It can be hard to beat a team that has nothing to lose. The Dolphins got lucky to keep drives alive. Fitz can do that at times. I’ll take the win. Divisional wins can happen like this. The Dolphins are still horrible. 

17 minutes ago, Capco said:

When we commit no turnovers we are a hard team to beat.  

Clean up the penalties (especially pre-snap omg) and it becomes that much harder.  

Any NFL team is hard to beat when committing no turnovers 

Penalties have been an issue with this coaching staff that has not been addressed. Just same lip service about being a young team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I totally expected this type of game against a division rival with Fitz as their starting QB. If some of you didn't think this was going to be a tougher game with him at the helm then I don't know what to tell ya.

i think a lot of people underestimated fitz.   His first few games off the bench is always fitzmagic. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

You have to admit, that team played way above their normal level today.  

Which seems to happen all the time against the Bills.

It's funny how everyone is now trying to justify the game by talking up Miami like they are a better team then they have been to make it seem like it should have been close.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The football game that was played.

Stats don't always tell the story, unless it's what you want to hear.

True, but like it or not you have to count the whole game, not just the bad or good parts. 62 plus percent is what it says it is, just like your record...

Go Bills!!!

Bills D looked rough.  Only D to give up over 20 points to Miami.  Other than Deadskins, the Bills are the only team they could get within 20 points of.

33+ minutes TOP.  24 1st downs.  381 total yards. 21 points---All season highs for the Fins....against the #3 D in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WNY said:

It can be hard to beat a team that has nothing to lose. The Dolphins got lucky to keep drives alive. Fitz can do that at times. I’ll take the win. Divisional wins can happen like this. The Dolphins are still horrible. 

I think it might be that our D is great at being game planned for teams but it's hard to game plan for a team like Miami that's just all over the place. McDermott on playing them was apparently was saying they just needed to play their game and I think that just didn't work out well. The offense today was honestly better they stalled and had to settle for FG in the first half but they also didn't get as many chances as they usually do and were living on the Miami side of the field.

5 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Exactly. I don't think the Bills played poorly, but the Dolphins especially on O, played really well.

They were off/rusty after the bye the first 3 drives having to settle for FG's due to execution issues on O when on that end of the field.  Defense struggled for almost 3 full QTR;s until Tre stepped up.

The O completely flipped the script the 2nd half and did what they had to do to get to 5-1. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1