Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

That random stat is all that matters? ?

It's a pretty simple and straight forward stat. 

Don't turn the ball over and the Bills W a lot of games here forward.  We'd be 6-0 right now if we didn't have 4 or 5 turnovers against the Pats.

14 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I’m pumped we’re 5-1, but it’s clear this team is designed to play up and down to its competition. All of our games will put a few more grey hairs in our heads this year and cause a couple more heart palpitations. 

I expect the same thing against the Eagles next week. 

Hard for me to agree since aside from the Pats the Bills have only played the dregs of the NFL. 5 wins, none of them convincing, against teams with a combined record of 5-27. Before today I had the Bills as locks to win 9 games and almost locks to win 10. Now, I don't think there is any game left that is a high probability of a win. I'd say they are about 70% to make the playoffs given the easy schedule they have, but not too confident they will make it past the wild card game. The Eagles game is huge. If they can win that I will kick the confidence meter up a few notches.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The team isn't that young. I think the team is bottom 10 in average roster age. 

Sure, when you include Gore and Zo who are fossils in NFL years. The core of this team is very young though. Allen, Tre White, Edmunds, Milano, Oliver, Wallace, Singletary, Knox, Dawkins, Ford.. I'm sure I missed someone. Those are all starters still on their rookie contracts. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Seeing the Bengals/Jags result, I also think Miami as the worst team in football is debatable.

Miami is a bad team when Rosen starts.  With Fitz...different story.  They better be careful.   They could lose out for the number one pick...and Cincinnati should be in the market for a QB.

2 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Allen struggling was not surprising (at least he didn't have any turnovers). 

The Defense getting shredded by the Dolphins was very surprising. Without a couple of timely turnovers the Dolphins could've put 30+ points on us. 

62%, 2 td 0 INT

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ford did a few things right today. But, mostly he was terrible-- especially in the first half.

Morse is worth the money.

Knox was a liability today. Bad penalties, and two horrible dropped passes that really cost us.

Someone mentioned during the game thread that Hughes was invisible. That was sorta true in the first half, but it sure wasn't in the second!

Bojo almost had me fooled during the Titans game that he may not be terrible. Not today.

I still have faith in Allen. But, as many have said, I sure would like to see "Second Half" Allen play in the first half.

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I totally expected this type of game against a division rival with Fitz as their starting QB. If some of you didn't think this was going to be a tougher game with him at the helm then I don't know what to tell ya.

Fitz was very good but that pick was awful. If they score 7 there, the Bills may lose. 

Just now, ColdFront_USAF said:

Sure, when you include Gore and Zo who are fossils in NFL years. The core of this team is very young though. Allen, Tre White, Edmunds, Milano, Oliver, Wallace, Singletary, Knox, Dawkins, Ford.. I'm sure I missed someone. Those are all starters still on their rookie contracts. 

Every team has vets but there are also a lot of guys who are 28+ like Hughes, Hyde, Poyer, Trent Murphy, Star, Ty, and Beasley among others. It's a blended team lots of young guys, some veterans and lots of prime aged players too.

The key thing is to be young at critical positions.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ugly win, but it counts in the standings. Defense wasn’t that good today and they know it. They’ll bounce back. Daboll needs to rethink the pass heavy game plans, considering Allen and the OL struggle vs the blitz. Get the ground game going and run play action off of that. He’s inviting the blitz, but they aren’t hitting blitz beaters for many reasons. A few bad drops today too. The offense is going to dictate how the rest of this season turns out. They need work in many areas. 

Ugly wins against the better teams are great, wins are wins, ugly wins against the flaming dumpsters of the league are concerning and something to be worried about.

• Thank you (+1) 1