Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

38 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Re: 2 - Who is saying this?  Otherwise, you're employing the classic straw-man argument.  

Re: 1 - With NFL QB's set up to succeed through rules geared toward protecting QBs and WRs, how does throwing for 202 yards against a defense that, by seasons end, will rank dead last in a number of statistical categories represent "things he needs to work on?"  

Miami entered today's game allowing 270 yards passing per game, have dealt their best S, and were missing their top CB today.    

Your taken this all to seriously, have an herbal tea and get your zen on bro, two years agos super bowl winner is 3-3 and getting their azsez handed to them by the boys right now, chill, it’s all fleeting...

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Please. Trust your offense to move the ball. Your up 10 with 4 minutes left and the Dolphins burned their TOs when it was 3rd down. 

Right. So you burn their to’s and punt it up 10 with about 3:45 to go. 

100% ok with that. 

but some people need something to complain about. 

47 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Re: 2 - Who is saying this?  Otherwise, you're employing the classic straw-man argument.  

Re: 1 - With NFL QB's set up to succeed through rules geared toward protecting QBs and WRs, how does throwing for 202 yards against a defense that, by seasons end, will rank dead last in a number of statistical categories represent "things he needs to work on?"  

Miami entered today's game allowing 270 yards passing per game, have dealt their best S, and were missing their top CB today.    

The post the guy you’re responding to used those exact words - referred to Josh Allen as a QB who is struggling.

It does help to read the post a guy is responding to before concluding it’s a straw-man

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The post the guy you’re responding to used those exact words - referred to Josh Allen as a QB who is struggling.

It does help to read the post a guy is responding to before concluding it’s a straw-man

BADOL noted Allen struggled, but SCBills assessed the QB's play as merely "things he needs to work on."  This is a minimization of the situation IMHO.

A totally separate point is that I asked for something to back up the same poster's thought that McD is, to paraphrase, one of the best up and coming NFL HC's.  

By this record, McD doesn't rank exceptionally high and 4 near his year group outpace him.  

53 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

BADOL noted Allen struggled, but SCBills assessed the QB's play as merely "things he needs to work on."  This is a minimization of the situation IMHO.

A totally separate point is that I asked for something to back up the same poster's thought that McD is, to paraphrase, one of the best up and coming NFL HC's.  

By this record, McD doesn't rank exceptionally high and 4 near his year group outpace him.  

Struggling and things he needs to work on mean about the same thing to me.

Brady struggled against McD's D despite being arguably the best QB that ever played the game. I'm confident Tom Brady and Josh Daniels will study game film before the next encounter and work on developing a better stradegy to beat Buffalo.

Considering not many teams can slow Tom Brady and the New England Patriots down. How does that fit into McD's ranking?

Edited by Figster

7 hours ago, Figster said:

Fitzy showed us why when teams struggle they turn things over to the bearded one.

Not today Fitzmagic, not today.

Bills need another weapon on O,

get er done Beane man...

I think when Foster gets healthy finally, it'll make a difference

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

I think when Foster gets healthy finally, it'll make a difference

Don't get me wrong, big bama fan and I like Foster.

A player like A J Green even at a later stage in his career is in a step above Robert Foster in my humble opinion.

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Don't get me wrong, big bama fan and I like Foster.

A player like a healthy A J Green even at a later stage in his career is in a step above Robert Foster in my humble opinion.

FIFY.  My problem with acquiring AJ Green is that he hasn't played a snap this season recovering from injury, and it's not clear when he will or whether he'll be himself when he does.  If he's healthy, he's way more than a step above Foster.

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Actually, I was mistaken - you were one of those people who used those words "QB who is struggling", then turned around and suggested no one said it and it was a straw man.

This win has had a very strange effect upon the posting on this board tonight.  It's almost like what the board is like after a loss.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FIFY.  My problem with acquiring AJ Green is that he hasn't played a snap this season recovering from injury, and it's not clear when he will or whether he'll be himself when he does.

If he's healthy, he's way more than a step above Foster.

You make a very good point.

Beane would be rolling the dice...

4 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I agree, the bills have done it a few times this year already which is becoming a habit. Thought it cost them in the games they have done it. 

I wonder if it is a game plan/coach specific strategy or if McDermott is going with his gut ach time?

i hope not . Defense wins championships but sitting on the ball does not.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i hope not . Defense wins championships but sitting on the ball does not.

Managing the clock properly is a big part of winning football games. Incomplete passes accomplishes nothing. If Gore rushes for a 1st down ( my moneys on Gore) we're not even talking about it.

With all due respect B B

Edited by Figster

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Managing the clock properly is a big part of winning football games. Incomplete passes accomplishes nothing. If Gore rushes for a 1st down ( my moneys on Gore) we're not even talking about it.

You always get as many points as you can, there was over 2 minutes in the half and we were down, that is not the time to burn clock. Only time you do that is at the end of the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You always get as many points as you can, there was over 2 minutes in the half and we were down, that is not the time to burn clock. Only time you do that is at the end of the game.

My bad If you were referring to the 1st half

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FIFY.  My problem with acquiring AJ Green is that he hasn't played a snap this season recovering from injury, and it's not clear when he will or whether he'll be himself when he does.  If he's healthy, he's way more than a step above Foster.

Actually, I was mistaken - you were one of those people who used those words "QB who is struggling", then turned around and suggested no one said it and it was a straw man.

This win has had a very strange effect upon the posting on this board tonight.  It's almost like what the board is like after a loss.

Its real easy to pull a post/reply out of context sometimes which adds to the confusion, lol

Good game fellas, 

Enjoy the win.

Edited by Figster

4 hours ago, y2zipper said:

The onside kick is a 0 percent play in 2019 so I lean that the drive with the Fitz rushing TD was garbage time and the Bills won when they got up by ten.

I think the offense made progress in that we saw 3 FG possessions where before we would see a turnover or a mistake on one of those drives before but also had the 90 yard drove after the interception and scored off the fumble. The offensive game plan is taking what the defense gives and taking some deep shots. The only drive I didn't like the playcalls was the one with 3 straight runs at the 2 minute warning.

The defense laid an egg early but made some timely turnovers to seal the game.

The Bears say ‘Hi!’

9 hours ago, Figster said:

I've always thought Fitzpatrick would make a great coach one day.

Yep. He would tell quarterbacks "You'll think you can make this pass and you'll throw it but you can't. I know. I did it 600 times."

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wallace was awful.  Fitz completely disrespected him all day.

They put him in man coverage which he is not nearly as good at. Fitz definitely took advantage. 

• Like (+1) 1