Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Buffalo gave up nearly 400 yards and were losing at halftime to the worst team in nearly every single statistic in the league.

This offense needs to come together quickly. Daboll needs to figure out how to get the ball out of Josh’s hands quickly. Also, Josh needs to hit a deep ball eventually. Bills converted three 3rd down plays.

Buffalos gonna lose a lot of games we have left if they play like that. Again this was the worst team in the NFL.

It’s a week to week league, man. Chill. Seriously. Wow. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

When does McD step in and demand simplicity from his OC for a QB who clearly is struggling?  At which point does McD recognize that he and the GM's attempts to rebuild an offense in one (!) off-season is at best providing middling results?

McD's first comments this past off-season at the combine were presumably an answer to the most effective criticism of his tenure:  the offense.  McCoach proceeded to say they needed to score 21 points per, which through 6 games they've done three times against a weak schedule.  

The HC has no more clue on offense than did Chan Gailey on defense.  They're coordinators masquerading as HC's and do not take a total view of team building, hence the other side of the ball not progressing much from 2 seasons ago.  

1) How exactly is Josh Allen struggling?  He has things he needs to work on, but he’s not “struggling”.  

2) McDermott is being talked about by media folks as one of the top young coaches in the game.  What are they missing?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If you guys are looking for pretty wins this isn’t the team or coach for you. We grind out wins and make plays when we need to. Could we be better, absolutely. Will we get better, the arrow seems to be pointing up. 

I’ll take the win and hope Allen hits a deep pass. Go Bills 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

1) How exactly is Josh Allen struggling?  He has things he needs to work on, but he’s not “struggling”.  

2) McDermott is being talked about by media folks as one of the top young coaches in the game.  What are they missing?

Re: 2 - Who is saying this?  Otherwise, you're employing the classic straw-man argument.  

Re: 1 - With NFL QB's set up to succeed through rules geared toward protecting QBs and WRs, how does throwing for 202 yards against a defense that, by seasons end, will rank dead last in a number of statistical categories represent "things he needs to work on?"  

Miami entered today's game allowing 270 yards passing per game, have dealt their best S, and were missing their top CB today.    

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Re: 2 - Who is saying this?  Otherwise, you're employing the classic straw-man argument.  

Re: 1 - With NFL QB's set up to succeed through rules geared toward protecting QBs and WRs, how does throwing for 202 yards against a defense that, by seasons end, will rank dead last in a number of statistical categories represent "things he needs to work on?"  

Miami entered today's game allowing 270 yards passing per game, have dealt their best S, and were missing their top CB today.    

You literally said that in your first sentence. 

“When does McD step in and demand simplicity for a QB who clearly is struggling”....

Were you talking about Matt Barkley?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Today was further proof to me that this team shouldnt be talked about as the class of the conference.  The quarterback isnt ready and they need help at defensive end in the worst way.

I hope I am wrong but I cant see them hanging with the Eagles, Patriots, Ravens or Cowboys.  If they have any slip up beyond that they will be looking at going from 5-1, to 10-6 or 9-7.  The Jets have an easy schedule down the back stretch.  Josh needs to play lights out from here out because the defense isnt going to save him late in the year.

But they did hang with the patriots in the first game. 16-10 with a TD coming from a blocked punt. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the game today. 
what a gorgeous day for football. 
my face got burned to a crisp. 

I thought the D played poorly today. 
thank god for Tre - he bailed us out twice. 
it was the worst performance of the year imo. 
the Fins were gashing us up the middle with runs by a no name RB.

Fitzy was ripping short passes in there consistently moving the chains. 

I thought Josh played ok. Missing that deep ball to Roberts. Man that’s frustrating. Always 5-8 yards too far. He missed another one too, IIRC. 

Bills fans booing at the half. I didn’t participate and thought it was a bit rash. Granted this is the worst team in the league, that’s basically trying to lose, and we’re down by 5. 

whatevs - we 5&1. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

We are 5-1 right...

from the astute posters on this board I have come to the conclusion that the following applies 

our head coach sucks as our offense hasn’t clicked in 6 game like our d has come together in three years. How many games Does he need to win this year not to be canned? 

our defense sucks As we were losing to the worst team in football after one half. Miami was clearly laying down in this one. 

our qb sucks despite the improvement in most aspects we wanted him to improve on. Four tds one int in last two games with ratings of 98 and 111. 3 road wins as it’s easy to win on the road.. But we aren’t throwing for three hundred yards games  Or connecting with foster who caught most of those deep balls last year. 

Our schedule is easy- the nfl screwed us big time In that regard. Haven’t played anyone or kept it close with the pats.

Doom and gloom for next week.

We sucked today, the players know they sucked. Coach will have them ready next week. For this week  I’m going to enjoy 5-1!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Sorry if this was already posted (didn’t feel like looking through 17 pages)

What a play by Jordan Phillips! Wow!  

I hope McDermott grills him for ignoring the fumble he caused. If it weren't for Tre, this might be a thing.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I'm still waiting for are #1 wideout but I agree he needs to work on his deep touch pass...

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is my concern with McD. 

That last offensive possession gives you a good idea of how he thinks. Three straight runs and a punt instead of giving the offense a chance to drive down the field and easily end the game. 

I have absolutely no complaints about that last drive. 10 pt lead. To’s burned. 

There are things to pick out offensively in this game. That drive isn’t one of them. This is just so..... you. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is my concern with McD. 

That last offensive possession gives you a good idea of how he thinks. Three straight runs and a punt instead of giving the offense a chance to drive down the field and easily end the game. 

Up one score, in that scenario, yes... throw to try and end it. 

Up two scores, knowing they need a score and onside kick, with onside kicks being around 0%, you run there. 

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

that was absolutely the right call there.  Make the Dolphins burn both timeouts, and then put them in the position to have to score twice in... what was it, a little under 4 minutes?

Incomplete passes would have just been silly there.

27 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Sorry if this was already posted (didn’t feel like looking through 17 pages)

What a play by Jordan Phillips! Wow!  

It’s like the Clowney play in college. You can be a Super Hero if nobody blocks you! 

• Like (+1) 1