Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Today was further proof to me that this team shouldnt be talked about as the class of the conference.  The quarterback isnt ready and they need help at defensive end in the worst way.

I hope I am wrong but I cant see them hanging with the Eagles, Patriots, Ravens or Cowboys.  If they have any slip up beyond that they will be looking at going from 5-1, to 10-6 or 9-7.  The Jets have an easy schedule down the back stretch.  Josh needs to play lights out from here out because the defense isnt going to save him late in the year.

you know nothing John Snow. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

Buffalo gave up nearly 400 yards and were losing at halftime to the worst team in nearly every single statistic in the league.

This offense needs to come together quickly. Daboll needs to figure out how to get the ball out of Josh’s hands quickly. Also, Josh needs to hit a deep ball eventually. Bills converted three 3rd down plays.

Buffalos gonna lose a lot of games we have left if they play like that. Again this was the worst team in the NFL.

JA has how many 4th qtr comebacks now in his young tenure? the kid does not give up. still a lot of work and they're obviously still not there on offense yet but there were no stupid plays today by JA and I was impressed with his work in the 4th qtr. if I had to choose though, it was the defense today that kept them in it, mainly # 27. he balled out today for sure.

5-1 and on to the eagles.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Looked like Ed Oliver hurt his arm on the play where Fitz fumbles the snap and the ball went all around the place. Saw him get up holding that arm like it was hurt. Hope it's not too bad and he can go next week.

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Go for the score!!!

ugh.. if Micah goes down this doesn't happen

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

they seem to do this every game and its a bad strategy , especially when you're behind.

I agree, the bills have done it a few times this year already which is becoming a habit. Thought it cost them in the games they have done it. 

I wonder if it is a game plan/coach specific strategy or if McDermott is going with his gut ach time?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wins come in all shapes and sizes.  It’s important to get wins like today - coming out flat, playing a bad half+, turning the momentum and just finding a way.

And for the sake of Pete, I don’t care if Miami is 0-100, they’re a division opponent.  Those are never sure wins, no matter how disparate the talent level.

• Like (+1) 3

Josh Allen not connecting on th'e deep throws are becoming a serious concern. He had Andre Roberts on a slam dunk wide open bomb TD and he overthrew him by 10 yards. Allen has got to start hitting with accuracy down the field. Idk what he needs to do but his cannon arm is causing him to be wildly inaccurate at that part of the game.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

None of that happened.  The rest is gibberish--a rug you are crawling under to hide from your inability to follow any discussion in a cogent way.

I asked if a top 5 defense had ever had a bad game.  That is a simple question.   You answered it with a question that added in parameters.  

Your effort to define the discussion in a negative way is completely dishonest as usual.  I asked if a top 5 defense had ever had a bad game.  Your response, knowing of course that top 5 defenses have indeed had bad games, was an effort to say it was impossible for a top 5 defense to have a game as bad as the Bills had today.  That's a joke so I decided not to look up every box score in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TallskiWallski83 said:

Josh Allen not connecting on th'e deep throws are becoming a serious concern. He had Andre Roberts on a slam dunk wide open bomb TD and he overthrew him by 10 yards. Allen has got to start hitting with accuracy down the field. Idk what he needs to do but his cannon arm is causing him to be wildly inaccurate at that part of the game.

Needs to put a little more air under the ball, too much rocket, allow receiver to adjust.

Edited by North Buffalo

3 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I’m pumped we’re 5-1, but it’s clear this team is designed to play up and down to its competition. All of our games will put a few more grey hairs in our heads this year and cause a couple more heart palpitations. 

I expect the same thing against the Eagles next week. 

I don’t think any team is ever designed to play up and down to its competition. That’s a terrible idea. 

3 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

Hard for me to agree since aside from the Pats the Bills have only played the dregs of the NFL. 5 wins, none of them convincing, against teams with a combined record of 5-27. Before today I had the Bills as locks to win 9 games and almost locks to win 10. Now, I don't think there is any game left that is a high probability of a win. I'd say they are about 70% to make the playoffs given the easy schedule they have, but not too confident they will make it past the wild card game. The Eagles game is huge. If they can win that I will kick the confidence meter up a few notches.

Agreed. My take at the start of the season is that this team is an 8-10 win team. They haven’t done a whole lot to change my mind on that. 

Philly, Dallas, Baltimore, Cleveland all

worry me. And if I had to bet my mortgage on NE in NE, and put it on BB. I need to see more of the Jets with Darnold to figure out who they are. 

Agreed, the offense needs to be able to dominate 4 quarters every once in a while. 

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

We need another WR.  Our passing game is brutal 

Wouldn’t hate another WR. However, there are generally open guys on most plays. Allen needs to find them more quickly and deliver the ball. Needs to get better at dealing with the blitz in particular.