Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Still watching the game but don't see why there is complaints about Allen , played his best game today.

It's absolutely asinine to believe that Allen had a bad or mediocre game.  The first half he was less than stellar but not awful and the second half aside from that deep bomb attempt he was flawless.   Like what has been said about him more than a few times, he is a gamer.  Pressure was on and he delivered.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

My summary - they did not play well, maybe a lull from the bye, maybe they looked past Miami, maybe a poor game plan too.  

They won.  Bottom line is that.  Tre White made a big play when most needed.  

Allen played ok despite several drops and missed blitz pick ups by the OL.  Allen could use more help.  When it mattered the kid came thru with big drives in the second half. 

Daboll does a poor job of helping Allen as it looked like we could have run Gore/Singletary more, the empty backfield formations put even more pressure on Allen.   So one needs to answer for the poor blitz pickups, the dumb penalties, and the inconsistency.   The offense needs sharper execution.  

Defense - rough day for Edmunds, especially in first half.  Sacking Fitz should not have been that hard but yet 3 mistackles on sacks.  

Special teams - gave up a first down on a fake FG, run by holder/punter.  This ST coach needs to start sleeping at One Bills Drive.   Hauschka was very good. 

The Bills proved they are not good enough to worry about point spreads or take any team lightly.   This game may be a weird kind of wake up call to a 5-1 team that is improving.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Has any top 5 defense ever had a bad game?

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

You're right.  A good team or unit has never had a bad game.  Today's game is absolute proof that the Bills defense is horrible.

Well either that or you've simply chosen to be negative about the Bills at every opportunity.  

I think I'll go with Occum's Shaver on this.

You can't even follow your own posts.

You ask a question then you post an answer that has no relation to your own question ("top 5 Defense", then 25th ranked NE 2010 Defense).  I can't help you with that.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

It's absolutely asinine to believe that Allen had a bad or mediocre game.  The first half he was less than stellar but not awful and the second half aside from that deep bomb attempt he was flawless.   Like what has been said about him more than a few times, he is a gamer.  Pressure was on and he delivered.

crazy how the deep ball isnt there this year. I think they need to practice more on this and was hoping they did during the bye but doesn't look they did.

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

You can see, the team was not happy with that effort.   But that's a mark of a good team, despite winning they don't feel celebratory and know that more work has to be done.  They will learn from it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A win is a win, I suppose.....but we looked real sloppy and just barely beat the worst team in the league.

We got lucky today.....lucky that Fitz was his usual self and you can always depend on a pick or two.....the dude always looks like he’s trying to heave a 22 pound salami down the field, for Christ’s sakes.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bmbchiefs66 said:

Colts 2nd best in afc thru week 7

that’s weird. The pats have zero losses and the bills have 1 loss. And there are three teams with 2 losses including the Colts. So how are the colts the second best and it’s not debatable?  ? 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Not what I said and you know that. 

Josh has gone from a 52% competition percentage to a 62 plus percent completion percentage, something that many here said he could not do, and is what so many wanted.

Now that he has accomplished that, and has a winning record, and is 5-1 this season.  I guess folk have to complain about Long passes that are a league wide low percentage completion rate not being up to whatever level they would prefer.

Hell, the kid is a gamer, and proved that again today.  This is the Bills we are taking about, a perennial under performing team that is seeing more success than we as fans have experienced in some time, so lighten up there and enjoy the ride a little, geesh, picky picky...

Go Bills!!!

So easily offended , my frickin god.  Someone pointed out that Allen has a problem with deep passes, I agreed. I'm not being picky picky, I'm enjoying the season, I'm not complaining. Get over yourself.

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

You can see, the team was not happy with that effort.   But that's a mark of a good team, despite winning they don't feel celebratory and know that more work has to be done.  They will learn from it.

Talent and just showing up is not enough in the NFL...at least not any more. The Bills should be grateful for the win...wake up call! Now come on!

7 minutes ago, Sweats said:

A win is a win, I suppose.....but we looked real sloppy and just barely beat the worst team in the league.

We got lucky today.....lucky that Fitz was his usual self and you can always depend on a pick or two.....the dude always looks like he’s trying to heave a 22 pound salami down the field, for Christ’s sakes.

IMO Fitz played a heck of a game in the first half. 

than the tragicness happened 

Today was further proof to me that this team shouldnt be talked about as the class of the conference.  The quarterback isnt ready and they need help at defensive end in the worst way.

I hope I am wrong but I cant see them hanging with the Eagles, Patriots, Ravens or Cowboys.  If they have any slip up beyond that they will be looking at going from 5-1, to 10-6 or 9-7.  The Jets have an easy schedule down the back stretch.  Josh needs to play lights out from here out because the defense isnt going to save him late in the year.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You can't even follow your own posts.

You ask a question then you post an answer that has no relation to your own question ("top 5 Defense", then 25th ranked NE 2010 Defense).  I can't help you with that.

Of course top 5 defenses have had bad games.  When I asked you changed the parameters to whether there was ever a bad game against a team with a giant headed bearded QB who hadn't scored much so far this year.  The fact is that in an effort to be negative, you will twist and turn anything you can.  Your team has won 6 Super Bowls but you are still very insecure.  

Today's game is not how I would have chosen but it is far from some sort of weird proof that the Bills D is a mirage.  That's just a weird take.  Do they need to do better than they did today?  Sure.

I'm not about to look up every game result from the last 100 years to match some weird criteria.  I've seen:

Hall of Fame pitchers lit up and pulled in the first inning.

Ozzie Smith make a bad throw

Great offenses shut out and nearly shut out

Great kickers miss chip shots

and on and on

In reality, there are very few examples of teams, units or individual achieving a full season with no hiccups.  

Just now, klos63 said:

So easily offended , my frickin god.  Someone pointed out that Allen has a problem with deep passes, I agreed. I'm not being picky picky, I'm enjoying the season, I'm not complaining. Get over yourself.

Not offended in the slightest l, I even said there was work to do, it just came across as a bit complainy is all.  Misunderstanding evidently, Nothin but love for ya, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Of course top 5 defenses have had bad games.  When I asked you changed the parameters to whether there was ever a bad game against a team with a giant headed bearded QB who hadn't scored much so far this year.  The fact is that in an effort to be negative, you will twist and turn anything you can.  Your team has won 6 Super Bowls but you are still very insecure.  

Today's game is not how I would have chosen but it is far from some sort of weird proof that the Bills D is a mirage.  That's just a weird take.  Do they need to do better than they did today?  Sure.

I'm not about to look up every game result from the last 100 years to match some weird criteria.  I've seen:

Hall of Fame pitchers lit up and pulled in the first inning.

Ozzie Smith make a bad throw

Great offenses shut out and nearly shut out

Great kickers miss chip shots

and on and on

In reality, there are very few examples of teams, units or individual achieving a full season with no hiccups.  

None of that happened.  The rest is gibberish--a rug you are crawling under to hide from your inability to follow any discussion in a cogent way.