Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Yup, that's the inconsistency.  When you see a drive like that you expect more of the same.  Those, to me, mostly inexplicable lapses in play (and play calling) are maddening when compared to that drive.

If by "lapses in play" you mean "receiver drops" then yeah. Maybe you're on to something.

0 turnovers the past two weeks.

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

When exactly did Allen have a chance to build chemistry with him?

#nonsense

1 minute ago, One Buffalo said:

The core of the team is young.  Take out guys like Gore and Lorenzo and the roster age is much younger.  

most every team is organized the same way.  The salary cap rules result in most teams having as many rookie contract guys as possible and a few older players. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Top 3 D vs a winless team the worst Offense in the NFL? 

When did that happen?

Back in the early ‘90s, this happened to the Bills more than I care to remember. They would slay tough teams by a mile and then get blown out by bottom dwellers. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

If by "lapses in play" you mean "receiver drops" then yeah. Maybe you're on to something.

0 turnovers the past two weeks.

There were drops (I counted 3?) and there were penalties and there were misses.  The bottom line is that they won and I'll enjoy that but I surely wish they would toss up a laugher once in a while so I can relax a bit.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

We do have to admit that the Colts have had some impressive wins this year. 

Who knows, maybe the Colts and the Bills will square off in the playoffs. 

Is everyone watching the Eagles game tonight? We have to do some scouting for next week. 

Yes I will. I will be rooting for the Eagles to play a hard game against Dallas. I hope Eagles win but get dinged up a bit.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

There were drops (I counted 3?) and there were penalties and there were misses.  The bottom line is that they won and I'll enjoy that but I surely wish they would toss up a laugher once in a while so I can relax a bit.

I blame the unnecessary closeness on the defense, this week. QB was solid enough, and the offense put up 24.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m fine with Hyde taking it into the end zone. This team needed a big pick me up after such a horrid performance. Plus, all week we would’ve had to hear about the Bills only beating the Fins by 3. That would’ve been annoying. There’s no way they would’ve come back from a 10 point deficit. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Back in the early ‘90s, this happened to the Bills more than I care to remember. They would slay tough teams by a mile and then get blown out by bottom dwellers. 

I remember going to see the Bills play Tampa Bay with the Orlando Backers during the SB years. The Bills won something like 9-6 or 6-3. It was horrible to watch, and I remember being pissed on the bus ride home because the backers were cheering and laughing and I was pissed we let the Bucs keep it a game.

Fortunately, I grew up and realized how stupid I must have sounded to everyone. 

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

I’m fine with Hyde taking it into the end zone. This team needed a big pick me up after such a horrid performance. Plus, all week we would’ve had to hear about the Bills only beating the Fins by 3. That would’ve been annoying. There’s no way they would’ve come back from a 10 point deficit. 

Yup.  That's only an issue if you are up by a single point (2 points if you're worried about the PAT).  

5 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I remember those days. It just seemed incomprehensible. The Bills would look like two different teams. 

My theory of what happens in these types of games is that the lineman (O-line and Front 7), who rely on emotion more than other positions, end up not quite as fired up. They may not even realize it and think they are as pumped as playing the Patriots , but instead that spark is 90-95% of what it would be against a challenging opponent. And, it makes a big difference to the rest of the team.

• Like (+1) 1