Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Top 3 D vs a winless team the worst Offense in the NFL? 

When did that happen?

Supposedly Bills at Vikings.  Be sure to add more weird parameters to maintain negativity.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Bmbchiefs66 said:

Colts 2nd best in afc thru week 7

Last week it was the Texans.

Time for the Bill Parcells' quote: “You are what your record says you are.” Thus, the 2nd best team in the AFC => the Buffalo Bills (5-1)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I’m pumped we’re 5-1, but it’s clear this team is designed to play up and down to its competition. All of our games will put a few more grey hairs in our heads this year and cause a couple more heart palpitations. 

I expect the same thing against the Eagles next week. 

Teams aren't "designed" to play up and down to the competition.  There are several things at play, IMO, among them...

McDermott plays close to the vest and so do his coaching hires.  It's maddening at times, but I guess we should get used to it.

You have a young team at its core.  Play was inconsistent on both sides today though it's been more glaring with the offense this season.

I do have to add that the refs made today's game damn near unwatchable.  Do we need to clean things up? Yup. Could some of those handkerchiefs been left in the pocket? Yup.

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

It's not about being a "good guy" or playing conservative, it's about sealing the win. He goes down and the offense takes a knee a couple of times - game over.  By scoring, we had to kick the ball to Miami. Think worst case scenario: they run the KO back for a TD, try another onside kick, they recover it, and score again. I know it's a remote possibility, but I've seen crazier endings.

Yep, I acknowledged that in a later post. I still take the points, but that’s me. Mainly due to if he drops down short of the end zone and we have a fumbled snap or something and they are driving for the win. Definitely remote, but possible. I take the points and make them drive for two scores in a minute left and no timeouts. Bills have invented new ways to lose over the last 20 years. But I definitely get the drop and kneel out the clock too.  If that goes well, no question you take the win. Fortunately we got it anyway. 

My point still stands that this team is too conservative at times, and I think that’s McD’s mentality. Our possession before the last Miami TD is my point. You get a first down there and there isn’t much time for Fitz to do any of what he did. Instead we go three straight runs. Yes, they burned their TOs, but we still could have gotten them to do that with more aggressive play selection or (better yet) won the game with another drive. 

Edited by TheProcess

We do have to admit that the Colts have had some impressive wins this year. 

Who knows, maybe the Colts and the Bills will square off in the playoffs. 

Is everyone watching the Eagles game tonight? We have to do some scouting for next week. 

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Teams aren't "designed" to play up and down to the competition.  There are several things at play, IMO, among them...

McDermott plays close to the vest and so do his coaching hires.  It's maddening at times, but I guess we should get used to it.

You have a young team at its core.  Play was inconsistent on both sides today though it's been more glaring with the offense this season.

I do have to add that the refs made today's game damn near unwatchable.  Do we need to clean things up? Yup. Could some of those handkerchiefs been left in the pocket? Yup.

100% a few of those holds on the Bills were horrendous calls. Refs had fish +17

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

and yet, NINETY EIGHT YARDS on a clock eating drive mixing pass & run to take the lead in the 4th quarter. It’s becoming impossible NOT to mention the very good with the bad. I guess it’s too easy and disproves negative takes. Not you, necessarily @Cripple Creek, but seems like everyone does..

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

and yet, NINETY EIGHT YARDS on a clock eating drive mixing pass & run to take the lead in the 4th quarter. It’s becoming impossible NOT to mention the very good with the bad. I guess it’s too easy and disproves negative takes. Not you, necessarily @Cripple Creek, but seems like everyone does..

Yup, that's the inconsistency.  When you see a drive like that you expect more of the same.  Those, to me, mostly inexplicable lapses in play (and play calling) are maddening when compared to that drive.

• Like (+1) 1