Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

8 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Can't believe people are saying Mycah Hyde should've kneeled. Go for the kill. 

Why take an automatic win when you can give a team one last desperate chance?  LOL.  What are you talking about?

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I only saw him suited on the sideline, did he get back on the field too?

I'm pretty sure he was on the field for the last TD to Beasley.

Edit: Yes, he was lined up on the right side of the formation, opposite Beasley.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Who cares that Hyde ran it back? I would have ran it back. How many chances does he get to score? W, 31-21, with Hyde scoring a TD on the return. Quit :censored: about a non-story. 

He goes down at the five, you run the clock out, game over. That said, I'm glad he ran it in.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The defense goes as Edmunds does. Edmunds sucked today. His inconsistency remains an issue.

Will sort of agree with you as much as it pains me to do so.

The good - Edmunds is attacking his gap assignments

The bad - Has to work on techniques to shed blocks or at least keep some leverage to make plays. He was getting schooled on trap blocks, it happens and it is only year 2 for that kid. His overall game is improving.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Wentz, Brady, Darnold, Prescott, to name a few

Brady looked terrible against this defense.  I'm not going to overreact to one bad game where we were clearly outcoached on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

Henry Jones also ran an onside kick back for a TD in 1999.  A 10 point lead is safer than a 3 point lead.  If you fumble a snap you can still lose the game trying to run the clock out.  10 points guarantees they need 2 scores.  Ironically the score was identical.  24-21 before the kick, 31-21 after and the final score. 

Here's a link to the story of the day Jones ran the onside kick in for those to young, too old or who didn't see the game in 1999.   https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bills-ground-cardinals/

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Brady looked terrible against this defense.  I'm not going to overreact to one bad game where we were clearly outcoached on both sides of the ball.

That was 3 long weeks ago.  How did they look today against Non-Brady?  Have they gotten even better since that NE game?

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Miami played so much better today than they did last week against the Redskins.  Did Miami improve or did the Bills simply forget how to play during the off week?

Fitzpatrick didn’t start that game, and he’s decent to good when he’s on. The Redskins lost at home to SF today 9-0, and the niners are pretty good. 

18 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

the D was atrocious today, sans the turnovers. The run D was non-existant, they neutralized Edmunds all game. I have to assume the D thought this was a walk in the park and didn't bring their A game, that's unacceptable

They were definitely flat, and they missed Milano more than I thought they would in this game.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Here’s his attempt to throw it out of end zone. Just a few rows short!

https://716sportspost.com/2019/10/20/josh-allen-almost-throws-football-out-of-stadium/

A little two much arc and it caught the wind - you can see all the garbage floating around in the air. 

I would have loved seeing the broadcasters jump if the ball had hit the press box glass - probably would have been a one and done fine for Allen.