Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

They were definitely sloppy, but it starts with tackling. Fitz, like any decent QB, is going to make some throws. We were just sloppy. I'm just saying I don't think they were unprepared specifically for Fitz. They were just unprepared.

That's been my point.  This D doesn't look top 5.  Got pushed around by a team they would not be facing in the playoffs (to put it mildly).

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big C said:

Well, theoretically the Dolphins get the ball back and can engineer some sort of miracle drive and succeed with the onside kick the next time. Going down gives you a guaranteed win then and there.

I guess that’s true and a good point. Hadn’t considered that. But my mentality is to take the points there when clinging to a 3 pt lead. All it takes is a fumbled snap or something and they are driving for the win. We’ve seen it all before as Bills fans. Team has basically invented new ways to lose. Going to take more than a 5-1 start to shake 20 years of what we’ve endured. Lol. 

24 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

62% is 62%.    

We aren’t gonna bring back Tyrod or pick up Kaep. 

Take a deep breath and enjoy that 5-1 record with Josh Allen ??

I am enjoying being 5-1. I know 62% is 62%, not interested in other QB's.

A poster mentioned that Allen has accuracy issues on deep passes. I agreed.

That's it, chill man.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Can't believe people are saying Mycah Hyde should've kneeled. Go for the kill. 

Those are the same people that are saying go deep to Robertson was dumb.....even if he was 5 yards in the clear.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

27 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

One can pick any part of an effort that is not great, but it’s only a part not a whole. Sure that part could stand to be better, but ya gotta judge a game or record as a whole, not just a part. I suspect he has practiced the long pass very little over the last several months, being he has been heavily emphasizing his short to mid range game almost exclusively. Just a thought.

Go Bills!!!

So it's wrong to point out a area that needs improvement? Got it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Was he thinking about sportsmanship or about letting the offense take a knee and not have any more plays run in the game? Every play is an injury risk. 

Yep, that’s probably it and a good point. I can see the value there. I think I would have done what Hyde did and taken the points and made them drive for two scores with a minute left and no timeouts. But that’s the fan side of me. I’ll certainly concede maybe my example of this team being too conservative wasn’t the greatest. 

12 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This game went exactly the way I thought it would go. If you thought any different, then you overestimated the Bills and underestimated how good Fitz can be, and that Flores is a good coach. I think you’ll see the Dolphins win some games this year and show promise going into a huge offseason. 

Truth.

Some of the old timers here were trying to sound the warning bells. Never take any team lightly because they may have a good game plan, they may have the right players to execute it, and they may catch your team napping. Toss in some untimely drops and flags and you are staring down the barrel of being embarrassed.

I hate to see it, but perhaps Flores turns these guys around faster than I thought he would. Was hoping the Jets and Miami would have a decade or two of being easy 4 wins on our schedule. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Yep, that’s probably it and a good point. I can see the value there. I think I would have done what Hyde did and taken the points and made them drive for two scores with a minute left and no timeouts. But that’s the fan side of me. I’ll certainly concede maybe my example of this team being too conservative wasn’t the greatest. 

I’m sure Hyde saw the wide open field to the end zone and instinct took over. I didn’t hate it at the time and I still don’t. 

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I love it.  Fritz does not go into locker room pissy like the GOAT Cheater.  From reports he played a very good game and as I hoped gave the Bills enough competition so it did not seems like a preseason game.  Hyde coming over to say hello just shows he is good sport too about Fitz going thru him for TD.

Lee smith looks like a giant red headed version of spider man without his jersey.   ?

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Defense could not get off the field.  They will face other QBs better than Fitz willing to throw into tight windows, who are competitors and leaders.

Did anyone feel that the D was poised to give up it's worst performance to the Fins today?  I didn't.  I figured it would be the O with its usual struggles to score TDs

Will they?  How soon people forget the cycle.  

EHV2hgwX4AU-IEw.jpg:large