Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

19 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Fitz was very good but that pick was awful. If they score 7 there, the Bills may lose. 

Just before the snap, I was thinking, "This is where Fitz normally throws a pick."

I was a bit surprised at how many escapes Fitz had against this defense. 

I do expect some of that on Johnson's side, he is green and will take himself right out of a play going to high on his rush. That being said, he is a 1st year rookie and will only get better. I think I would have kept Edmunds on their TE this game and I think that holding was pretty ticky-tacky as Gesecki cut in front of him and as much as Edmunds hooked an arm, Gesecki was trying to push off to create separation at the cut he was making.

Something to learn from this game when we go up against teams with larger physical receivers. There needs to be some adjustments, Wallace was in over his head.

34 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

62%, 2TD 0 INT

Yeah, that's awful. What the hell do you people watch?

Agree! Allen also had two big drops from Knox and Beasley that would of kept drives going had they been caught.

• Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Figster said:

Haha, its all good.

I like Fitzy and wish him the best. (Unless hes playing us)

He is maybe the only guy in the NFL who is just there to have a great time.  He knows what it's all about.  I think his career, as it is, is remarkable.  

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, dakrider said:

This was EXACTLY the type of QB many (more like most) on here have been harping for Allen to be.   Increase the %, use the short passing game, get TD passes, no ints.  And not take any sacks to take them out of field goal position.  Almost to a T what so many on here were crying about that Allen couldn't do.  

And yet, they're still complaining. Hm.

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I was a bit surprised at how many escapes Fitz had against this defense. 

I do expect some of that on Johnson's side, he is green and will take himself right out of a play going to high on his rush. That being said, he is a 1st year rookie and will only get better. I think I would have kept Edmunds on their TE this game and I think that holding was pretty ticky-tacky as Gesecki cut in front of him and as much as Edmunds hooked an arm, Gesecki was trying to push off to create separation at the cut he was making.

Something to learn from this game when we go up against teams with larger physical receivers. There needs to be some adjustments, Wallace was in over his head.

Better get better at that Wentz likes to move.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He is maybe the only guy in the NFL who is just there to have a great time.  He knows what it's all about.  I think his career, as it is, is remarkable.  

Absolutely

Running headlong into Phillips for thr TD is typical of the type of player he has been.

I have to disagree with those that think Josh didn't play well enough against a bad team. There was way too many dropped passes and way too much pressure.  I thought he did all he could. Also couldn't understand why we weren't doing any quick middle slants.  There were blitzing and the short middle seemed open.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well....Rosen isn't the starting QB.  It's not a valid point.  They knew they were playing Fitz.

The Fins scored more points against this D than any other team this season.

I don't think they were unprepared for Fitz. The problem with Fitz is that he is willing to throw into tight windows and/or throw it up and trust his guy can go up and get it (Gesicki made some, uh, Ge-sick catches today). He is a competitor and a leader. He has a lot of traits that the best QBs have. Sometimes he is just going to beat you. 

He has plenty of bad games, but we know he is capable of really good football. He put forth a good effort today. 

I was, however, frustrated with the chunk plays on the ground and the missed sacks. That was sloppy D and you have to make those plays to force the bad Fitz to come out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Absolutely

Running headlong into Phillips for thr TD is typical of the type of player he has been.

He doesn't panic.  His picks are usually tips of just bad throws.  But he is calm.  Ballsy.  JA should talk to him more...