Postgame: Dolphins 21 at Bills 31

35 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I’m pumped we’re 5-1, but it’s clear this team is designed to play up and down to its competition. All of our games will put a few more grey hairs in our heads this year and cause a couple more heart palpitations. 

I expect the same thing against the Eagles next week. 

How do you design a team to do that?

Count me in that I did not think they would overlook this game in anticipation of the Eagles but they did.  Let's hope next week they play up to the Eagles.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Ford did a few things right today. But, mostly he was terrible-- especially in the first half.

Morse is worth the money.

Knox was a liability today. Bad penalties, and two horrible dropped passes that really cost us.

Someone mentioned during the game thread that Hughes was invisible. That was sorta true in the first half, but it sure wasn't in the second!

Bojo almost had me fooled during the Titans game that he may not be terrible. Not today.

I still have faith in Allen. But, as many have said, I sure would like to see "Second Half" Allen play in the first half.

They have to cut Bojo and find a better punter. There is just no way his punting doesn't cost the team a game at some point. This isn't something hard to fix either. I am sure there is a decent punter out on the market. 

I think the pass rush was a huge concern early into the second half but they wore down Miami and came through. My long term concern is did this game showcase the secondaries vulnerability to larger recievers?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This board would be apoplectic if we lost.  If we beat the Eagles next week this game will be a distant memory.

Agree.  But losing to the Dolphins would have been terrible.  That is an awful team.  We need to beat the Eagles.  

Just now, Comebackkid said:

and even if he did it wouldnt have had good results.  You seen with the Redskins...with Rosen back there you can just pin your ears back and rush regardless of what the offense is doing.   Fitz will eat you up if you try that.  

I think Fitz is just real great at getting in a Defense's head you can't take it too hard when he connects on those because it will happen but if you keep playing your game he's going to give it to you eventually.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Well....Rosen isn't the starting QB.  It's not a valid point.  They knew they were playing Fitz.

The Fins scored more points against this D than any other team this season.

its completely a valid point because other teams didnt play against Fitz.   Fitz came in one qtr and could have beat the redskins if they would have taken it to over time. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Agree.  But losing to the Dolphins would have been terrible.  That is an awful team.  We need to beat the Eagles.  

You can't drop a game against the Dolphins. You just can't let the games you are supposed to win slip. They got the win with a 2 posession lead late not too shabby.

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Fitzy showed us why when teams struggle they turn things over to the bearded one.

Not today Fitzmagic, not today.

Bills need another weapon on O,

get er done Beane man...

Come on Fitz was the only reason the Fins were ever in this game.  Very soft take.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

its completely a valid point because other teams didnt play against Fitz.   Fitz came in one qtr and could have beat the redskins if they would have taken it to over time. 

Fitz is who he is.  The Bills had plenty of time to prepare for a guy who is the most well known in the league on so many rosters over time.  

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

but the comment was about his deep passing issues.

One can pick any part of an effort that is not great, but it’s only a part not a whole. Sure that part could stand to be better, but ya gotta judge a game or record as a whole, not just a part. I suspect he has practiced the long pass very little over the last several months, being he has been heavily emphasizing his short to mid range game almost exclusively. Just a thought.

Go Bills!!!

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Which seems to happen all the time against the Bills.

It's funny how everyone is now trying to justify the game by talking up Miami like they are a better team then they have been to make it seem like it should have been close.

I think it’s funny how some people need to find negatives in a 10 point win.  Yes, we had a rough start to the game and the Fins gave us more than we fans thought they had. But at the end of the day, we beat an NFL team by 10 points.  Go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

62%, 2 td 0 INT

This was EXACTLY the type of QB many (more like most) on here have been harping for Allen to be.   Increase the %, use the short passing game, get TD passes, no ints.  And not take any sacks to take them out of field goal position.  Almost to a T what so many on here were crying about that Allen couldn't do.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3