Around the League Week 7

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

I honestly would be shocked if Quinn isn't canned after this awful game. He isn't a good coach.

I can't imagine he makes it past tomorrow as the head coach of the Falcons. They are TERRIBLE for the amount of talent on that team.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Saints might be really good

Bridgewater is 5-0 since Brees went down. They are legit.

6 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I can't imagine he makes it past tomorrow as the head coach of the Falcons. They are TERRIBLE for the amount of talent on that team.

Bridgewater is 5-0 since Brees went down. They are legit.

Do you think Bridgewater inherits the job from Brees or goes elsewhere? 

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

Do you think Bridgewater inherits the job from Brees or goes elsewhere? 

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Brees is a free agent after this season and I would think that he calls it a career, especially if they win the Super Bowl. Bridgewater's contract also ends this year and he will have his choice of where to go. I think another team might offer him more, but I would rather stick with the Saints and their loaded roster.

I'm so surprised by the Chargers meltdown this year. What a mess. Everything is seriously breaking right for Buffalo. Even the Texans losing today concentrates everything in the middle a bit more. These conference wins are going to be so huge, I don't care if they "only" beat Miami by 10. I wouldn't care if they beat Miami of Ohio by 2 if it meant more conference wins in a jumbled AFC. Nobody should be surprised that Fitz put up some points in Buffalo off a bye week. I feel like every fantasy talking head and their mother was calling for at least one Devante Parker touchdown this week.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is just weird.

That is awful. Wasn't the strike against him the thought that he was largely a project freak who didn't really know what he was doing? 

Edited by Nelius

18 minutes ago, Nelius said:

That is awful. Wasn't the strike against him the thought that he was largely a project freak who didn't really know what he was doing? 

Well, a lot more to do with his terrible lateral movement. His three-cone and shuttle times were slower than Tom Brady's. And now we see him try to move laterally and he just loses control of the football!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I know it was a different era and before my time but his best year he threw 15 touchdowns. My take on him from what I have seen is that he was a decent game manager who rode an all time defense. 

I gotcha. I went to that 85 Super Bowl. I was young but it was a great experience. It was a different era and McMahon constantly drove  Ditka nuts. McMahon wanted to play fast and loose and Ditka wanted to hand the ball off to Walter Payton and win 3-0 behind the defense.

You are correct, the Bears have never really been known for their QB play. 

4 hours ago, Big C said:

Well, a lot more to do with his terrible lateral movement. His three-cone and shuttle times were slower than Tom Brady's. And now we see him try to move laterally and he just loses control of the football!

I thought he would suck but he's been darn good. 

29 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I thought he would suck but he's been darn good. 

He was not darn good yesterday. He caught 4 of 9 and had the killer fumble. For the season he is now exactly 50% in terms of catching his targets. Now some of that is the way he is used (which is primarily on lower percentage shots down the field) but again part of it is when he has to adjust in route he isn't great at that. His hands have also bene a question for me since college and continue to be. 

It sounds like I am a hater on Metcalf. I am not. I think he has a role on that offense and he has a place in the NFL and a skillset that is valuable. But I think sometimes people look at him and see number 1 receiver and that isn't who he is. He is a good two with a limited but valuable skillset who is going to make some explosive plays for you. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was not darn good yesterday. He caught 4 of 9 and had the killer fumble. For the season he is now exactly 50% in terms of catching his targets. Now some of that is the way he is used (which is primarily on lower percentage shots down the field) but again part of it is when he has to adjust in route he isn't great at that. His hands have also bene a question for me since college and continue to be. 

It sounds like I am a hater on Metcalf. I am not. I think he has a role on that offense and he has a place in the NFL and a skillset that is valuable. But I think sometimes people look at him and see number 1 receiver and that isn't who he is. He is a good two with a limited but valuable skillset who is going to make some explosive plays for you. 

Agreed.

His route running leaves a lot to be desired as well. I watched a lot of the Seattle/Baltimore game and his change in direction is very telegraphed. It makes it easy for CBs to cover him.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Agreed.

His route running leaves a lot to be desired as well. I watched a lot of the Seattle/Baltimore game and his change in direction is very telegraphed. It makes it easy for CBs to cover him.

He was bad yesterday. That's not been the case other games. I've strangely seen a lot of the Seahawks. He is better than I thought and has better hands. Yesterday he was terrible. 

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

EXACTLY.

He is what we thought he was: A RB at QB.

He played great and beat a very good team on the road. Ravens have the highest scoring offense in football. Lamar is why.

They are going to be hard to beat in a few weeks. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

He played great and beat a very good team on the road. Ravens have the highest scoring offense in football. Lamar is why. 

:lol:

If Josh had that game, he'd be getting excoriated around here.

Period. If you deny that, you're worthy of ignore.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

If Josh had that game, he'd be getting excoriated around here.

Period. If you deny that, you're worthy of ignore.

Josh gets attacked by some every game. 

Lamar is playing great for his team. SB caliber offense there. 

• Like (+1) 1