Around the League Week 7

YoloinOhio

I don't see how the Bills can miss out on a wildcard spot at this point, and don't worry I knocked on wood. One of the Colts or Texans will end up with a wildcard spot, outside of them every potential AFC wildcard is at least 2 games behind us. The Raiders losing today was huge.

Edited by HappyDays

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have always felt that the Bills will lose to the Ravens. Still do.

Then bet the game when the time comes.  

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't see how the Bills can miss out on a wildcard spot at this point, and don't worry I knocked on wood. One of the Colts or Texans will end up with a wildcard spot, outside of them every potential AFC wildcard is at least 2 games behind us. The Raiders losing today was huge.

Win the division. 

36 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Their coach made Goodells list when he wore that clown shirt a few years ago

https://twitter.com/JustWinDetroit/status/828806870462775296?s=20

That'll do it.

1. Start with the shirt.

2. Ol' Ralph got the good ol' boy network of owners to institute instant replay and we got 2 solid decades of the shaft, one of those owners that changed his vote was Detroit. They have fared as well as the Bills and Raiders in the gratuitous calls column.

Then Detroit petitioned to make referees just about expendable other than having them move the chains and place the ball.

3. "Clearly there is a lot of discontent around the league over how replay is executed, and the Detroit Lions are definitely in that camp after a controversial picked-up flag contributed to their ouster from the playoffs.

Tight end Brandon Pettigrew was originally ruled to have been interfered with while trying to catch a third-down pass in a wild-card game against Dallas. But after the penalty was announced and assessed, head linesman Jerry Bergman decided to overturn the penalty.

Sam Martin shanked the ensuing punt, and Dallas drove back the other way to score what proved to be the game-winning touchdown. The Lions' season was over.

Coach Jim Caldwell said in the aftermath of that play that he wants the league to explore ways to use technology to diminish the human element in officiating.

To that end, the Lions officially filed a proposal with the league to make all plays in which a flag is thrown reviewable. General manager Martin Mayhew told reporters last week he does not expect the proposal to be ratified for the 2015 season, but hopes this is the impetus for eventual change."

The Triple whammy - they are not going to catch a break for at least a decade or two.